Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars World Cup 2018  (Read 313670 times)

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Napoleonic Wars World Cup 2018
« Reply #1590 on: March 14, 2018, 02:07:14 pm »
Not sure if this is what Gi meant but make another play-off bracket with the knocked out teams from each group, and declare that way a lower champion from the losing bracket. I think it's a fun idea to not have some nations playing for nothing after getting knocked out after 2 / 3 games having only played strong nations in their group, but something extra to compete for the weaker teams.

+1

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1591 on: March 14, 2018, 02:08:21 pm »
Thats a good idea imo. Its something I was looking to input for the 10v10 tourney this Sunday.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: March 14, 2018, 02:11:04 pm »
Look at this guy thinking he’s hard cos he came third in NWWC

He also came to trials.....where were you?   He's Also in the team this year.....where are you?    Come to trials.

Also hertz. Read the Nationality rules please pal xD
That’s hurtful Hercules

Offline RebelliouS

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr24_RebelliouS
« Reply #1593 on: March 14, 2018, 02:11:33 pm »
I made that losers bracket suggestion in old NWWC thread . You basicly give one more life to play-off teams nothing else , and its when they are on upper bracket . Teams that lose in upper bracket goes to play in lower bracket then If loses there they get knocked out . But there is a consolidation final within losers bracket which then goes to face with upper bracket finalist with a handicap . Let say its ft15 so upper bracket finalist starts the final against lower bracket winner with 7-0 or so . Also Aleko I liked whole Ottoman Empire merge , why not  ;D . I only need my arnie boi (ledger) and slavic though .

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nock is my bitch
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1594 on: March 14, 2018, 02:12:49 pm »
Look at this guy thinking he’s hard cos he came third in NWWC
Yup nice one  :)

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #1595 on: March 14, 2018, 02:14:46 pm »
great britian sig

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #1596 on: March 14, 2018, 02:17:25 pm »
Would be cool to see round-robin bracket or swiss format and 8 teams per group.
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #1597 on: March 14, 2018, 02:19:27 pm »
Rebel that's a way of doing the lower bracket but I'm proposing rather just to have a separate tournament playoff completely for losing teams from the group. The problem with your idea is how would you really decide what sort of advantage to give to the upper bracket, because it's not like CS where you can just grant them a map or something of the sort. Otherwise if you don't give any advantages then you're having teams potentially replaying each other in the finals which is equally nonsensical. By just making a completely separate loser bracket it's going to be a similar tier competition between the teams in it and tough luck for upper bracket people I guess.

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: March 14, 2018, 02:21:48 pm »
great britian sig
How did no one notice this for a year lol
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Fwuffy

• General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: March 14, 2018, 02:22:55 pm »

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #1600 on: March 14, 2018, 02:23:10 pm »
my man i've been alert from day 1

Offline RebelliouS

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr24_RebelliouS
« Reply #1601 on: March 14, 2018, 02:24:45 pm »
Rebel that's a way of doing the lower bracket but I'm proposing rather just to have a separate tournament playoff completely for losing teams from the group. The problem with your idea is how would you really decide what sort of advantage to give to the upper bracket, because it's not like CS where you can just grant them a map or something of the sort. Otherwise if you don't give any advantages then you're having teams potentially replaying each other in the finals which is equally nonsensical. By just making a completely separate loser bracket it's going to be a similar tier competition between the teams in it and tough luck for upper bracket people I guess.

Maybe it could be done as this maybe ; 4 teams in each groups 1st and 2nd teams go to upper brackets , 3rd teams go to lower bracket to face each other . Losers from upper bracket meet them up in further of losers bracket but not right away . Cause making whole seperated 2 brackets without making them fight each other at some point eventually is meaningless aswell .

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: March 14, 2018, 02:24:54 pm »
Nobody appreciates my awesome burns

Offline Fwuffy

• General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: March 14, 2018, 02:26:35 pm »

Maybe it could be done as this maybe ; 4 teams in each groups 1st and 2nd teams go to upper brackets , 3rd teams go to lower bracket to face each other . Losers from upper bracket meet them up in further of losers bracket but not right away . Cause making whole seperated 2 brackets without making them fight each other at some point eventually is meaningless aswell .
I think our difference here is that you want the lower bracket as an opportunity for teams to bounce back into the competition, whereas I am proposing it as just a separate way for the knocked out teams to still play something that doesn't matter for the overall competition but still winning something amongst themselves. So yes, if Stevens organises a lower bracket that pushes into a grand final then I agree with your method obviously too.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: March 14, 2018, 02:29:33 pm »
No ffs, no loser bracket. We all fight on the same terms. Two large groups could be interesting with more matches but the Idea of having a Team X surfing through an easier lower skill or loser bracket all the way to the QF or SF where they get smashed is bloody retarded.