Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars World Cup 2018  (Read 313636 times)

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars World Cup 2018
« Reply #1515 on: March 13, 2018, 05:33:30 pm »
I managed to find 14 Norwegian players in 3 days

big boy
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #1516 on: March 13, 2018, 05:37:33 pm »
There's not enough Slovakians to play for their own nation.
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #1517 on: March 13, 2018, 05:43:17 pm »
There's not enough Slovakians to play for their own nation.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: March 13, 2018, 06:01:11 pm »

Zappy, little problem, I spoke to Aztir and he said that he had no idea that he was playing for you for the NWWC. He thought that the group you invited him to was just a random Norwegian NW group. He didn't really want to play in the NWWC

I think you can persuade him to play for you tho, and Aztir is not a bad player even though he will tell you that he is.

Offline Hercules

• First Lieutenant
  • Poosy Owner | 25th Member | NWWC 2018 Organiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: March 13, 2018, 06:01:30 pm »
russian and serbian merge
more like
russian and mightypain merge

I made a long elaborate explanation on why Serbia and Russia are merging but it got deleted because the mods don't want to hear the truth.
Thee gist of it was:
MightyPain wants to win.
MightyPain knows Ex-Yu countries can't get a team good enough to win.
MightyPain decides to merge Serbia with Russia even tho they can't understand each other.
Mods allow this for some reason even though interest for a Yugoslavia team was shown (a merge that would actually make sense because of ethnic,linguistical and historical reasons).

The saddest part is that MightyPain is way worse than most of the Russian team so watching the Russians handicap themselves in order to play him will bee hilarious.

PLease explain to me.... if we allow cancer on this forum in the form of voluble and golden ripping into eachother about ireland and slagging eachother off...why would i block someone speaking their opinion? the fact you claim we deleted your post is quite pathetic.  Yugo wasn't a thing when deciding the merges. This happened after, hence why we are looking into Other teams.

Spoiler
individuals would give anything to win this thing for some reason. Hence the merge with Russia.
If someone wants to win the last thing is to merge with Russia lol

Hokej (even though he's not Yugoslavian) got a steam group up and started recruiting people from Ex-Yu (has since fallen apart because a certain individual merged Serbia,the largest of the Ex-Yu countries,with Russia).
Hokej is such a nice guy, he cares so much about other countries. But why he didnt create a steam group for Slovakia to make a separate team?
Spoiler
individuals would give anything to win this thing for some reason.
[close]
Btw, Reb, Russia–Serbia relations are realy strong and old so it make sence to unite them. F.e. in Native NC Bulgaria played with Russia.

Theres no connection at all besides political connections , they do not have same language nor other can fully understand the other . Their alphabet is written in cyrillic yes but as far as I know Serbia just started using cyrillic they were using latin alphabet before . Also I agree with you , Hokej is an imposter giving his full effort finding yugoslavian players whereas he doesnt make a flinch in finding Slovakian players . The rule which was put by Hercules was really questionable (players whom wont signup wont be allowed to play for their country) . This can be easily manipulated let say Im slovakian and I heard about this event but others didint so I'll simply tell the news to the "best" players I see fit which is like 3-4 not more and ask Czechs to do the same voila ! Easy merge easy life .
[close]

Reb you have a good point. But when were deciding the merge, no "yugo" team was interested. New teams are still being discussed as well as mergers.  Also for the whole "i could just sign up the competetive players" works exactly the same way, the other way round.  "oh lets not invite the good players, as they probably wont play us". If someone cant be arsed to look at a thread, its really not my problem, i've tried this year to give this tournament as much promotion as possible.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:11:41 pm by Hercules »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1520 on: March 13, 2018, 06:35:17 pm »
I’m still waiting on team NATO

Offline Zappy

• Second Lieutenant
  • AT LEAST 86
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zappy
« Reply #1521 on: March 13, 2018, 07:56:44 pm »

Zappy, little problem, I spoke to Aztir and he said that he had no idea that he was playing for you for the NWWC. He thought that the group you invited him to was just a random Norwegian NW group. He didn't really want to play in the NWWC

I think you can persuade him to play for you tho, and Aztir is not a bad player even though he will tell you that he is.
I told him it was NWWC and shit but he is scared of showing his unicorn skills!!!!

Offline RebelliouS

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr24_RebelliouS
« Reply #1522 on: March 13, 2018, 08:18:19 pm »

I told him it was NWWC and shit but he is scared of showing his unicorn skills!!!!

Aztir is Mount and Musket Russia legend , hes a veteran player (he used to spin mad crazy in MM doesnt work in NW sadly) rikimaru can confirm .

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1523 on: March 13, 2018, 08:21:41 pm »
@harford turkey has never had any problem fielding a team as the Turkish community is actually one of the biggest in NW lmao

And no, Slovakia didn't have enough people.

I saw 11 slovaks on the 66th ts a week ago :) There is enough ppl but they might not be competetive or good enough. Same mentality as Russia/Serbia, winning is more important than participating.

unlikely, 66th ts is full of Czechs not so many slovaks

Im just telling you what I saw on teamspeak. Im confident Slovaks could find 10 guys just as Zappy could find em for Norway and Hokej for Team Yugo. Its more of an "if there is a will, there is a way" situation.

Offline ShrekTheOgre

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shrek
« Reply #1524 on: March 13, 2018, 08:32:22 pm »
Hercules I don't recall what topic I posted my initial post that got deleted (wasn't this one) so it might have been deleted for posting in the wrong topic. It's possible that the post didn't go through in the first place and that it never got posted because of my quite bad internet. Either way,it doesn't matter. I'm not here to accuse the mods of being Nazi's or anything.

Furthermore,I understand the Yugo team wasn't an option back when you decided for the Serbia and Russia merge. At this point it's off the table since Croatia seems to have an adequate team of its own.

The only thing I'm trying to accomplish here is to ask you to re-think the merge for the sake of the rather large Serb community in NW.
So far only 2 Serbs are in the roster for the merge team. I still believe MightyPain has used the fact that he's captain to merge into the Russian team for his own personal benefit and NOT the benefit of his nation and the Serb NW community.
This is further proven to me by a couple of points:

a) The fact that MightyPain used "nationalism" as a way to excuse him from not merging with Ex-Yu nations.
Some people (including him apparently*) might be nationalists and "hate" each other because of their nationalities and wars that happened when they weren't even born,but I'm happy to report that those people are a MINORITY and that most of the community doesn't give a shit about nationalism.

*The reason why It's evident to me that Mighty is in fact a nationalist is the way he responded to me calling him out. Not by giving a thought out response but by instead private messaging me this. And I quote: "Croat you said im bad in melee why dont you play 1v1 and lets see if you can handle me".
I'll let you guys judge that one on your own.

b) MightyPain's general attitude. As seen in the previous point he's highly nationalistic and his level of English seems to be sub-par for someone representing a whole nation in an international competition. He ignores everything RebeliouS and I have said and instead focuses on calling me out for a ft7 which is in no way relevant to the topic at hand. And MOST OF ALL,he appears to only have called one more Serb person to the NWWC team he's Co-Captain of. I know for a fact that the Serb NW community is larger than the Croat one,yet there is currently 2 Serbs in line for a NW team and there is 10+ Croats. I believe Mighty's merge with team Russia has limited the capability of Serb players to enter the competition.
I also believe that he purposely hasn't given much effort into looking for Serb players so he could justify a merge like this.

To concur:
I know that it's too late to change anything at this point,I just wanted to voice my opinion to the general public and try to start a conversation on the topic.
I in NO WAY mean any harm to any of the moderators/organizers of the cup. You guys are amazing for putting so much effort into this competition and you should be the ones getting prizes. I sincerely apologize to any mods who found themselves being offended by my (possibly false) claims of having my comment deleted.

Offline Skyfall

• First Lieutenant
  • Wow Im unbanned :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: March 13, 2018, 08:50:47 pm »
Can we just have a rule which states that in the NATION CUP you have to play with your NATIONAL team and not with a crappy random coalition?
Just do a 5v5 instead of a 8v8 if you want every nation to join.
Lets do the 8v8 for a Coalition Cup or something

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #1526 on: March 13, 2018, 08:53:57 pm »
a wise man once said

balance > more teams

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #1527 on: March 13, 2018, 08:59:38 pm »
Or we could just kick all Slavs

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: March 13, 2018, 09:20:14 pm »
This is some North American thinking right here

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #1529 on: March 13, 2018, 09:30:43 pm »
This is some North American thinking right here
former commies are still communists
get them out of here
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.