Author Topic: The Napoleonic Wars Champions League [Season 2]  (Read 45483 times)

Offline MikeyBruh

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Multi Region Choker GVT Gang Member
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The Napoleonic Wars Champions League [Season 2]
« Reply #780 on: February 15, 2022, 05:13:38 am »
gg's ty for host risk
Also, I'm not friends with HiReaper, dudes a complete weirdo

|Viper|

« Reply #781 on: February 15, 2022, 05:15:25 am »
Gg to Russian's team they played well. Thanks, Risk, for hosting, was fun playing with y'all again

Spoiler
[close]

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #782 on: February 15, 2022, 05:34:57 am »
But how could the STACKED team lose
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #783 on: February 15, 2022, 05:42:54 am »

Offline James.

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #784 on: February 15, 2022, 12:41:45 pm »
NWCL Season Two Regular Season Awards (IMO) [L1]

**MVP**
Horse
Cwater
Jaax
Anthony
VetroG

Reasoning: Although Cwater had the best KD and FB FD ratio in the stats, I think many people (including himself) didn't think horse could play to the level that he did. He proved that he is worthy of a top 3 pick and can have a team built around him. He was the most impactful player for his team, who many people thought would not make playoffs at the beginning of the season. Cwater, for obvious reasons, comes in 2nd. He played outstanding and further proved himself a top player in NA. Coming in 3rd, we have jaax, who many people thought he wasn't going to play at the start of the season. He was almost offline for about 2-3 months and came back to prove he is still a top player. Although his first two weeks were shaky, he did pull it out in the end and willed his team into the playoffs. Just falling out of the top 3, we have Anthony and VetroG, who played outstanding for their teams. Anthony, the last 1st round pick who many thought wouldn't be available (hence his drop to the last place spot), came out swinging and was very dominant in his performances. However, last week's match drops him out of the top 3, and the players above him play better. Finally, Vetro played very well in every match he had. Even when his team looked like they were not going to make the playoffs, his FB FD ratio may not be as pretty as the rest of the MVP standings. He is that much of a game-changer.

**Best Captain**
Cwater
Mikey
Russian
BabyJesus

Reasoning: Cwater's draft was by far on paper, just better than everyone else and it was very much proven in their 5-0 record in the regular season. Just losing one map to BBG Cwater and his drafting and coaching put in place a very well-oiled machine that dominated the regular season. Coming in 2nd, we have Mikey, who was not living up to the expectations of many players at the start of the season, and I do feel including himself lived up to given just how well he played in the previous league. His draft was definitely not terrible, but it just wasn't working, so he decided to make many trades receiving Yoshie, Risk, and Vlad and thus making his way into the playoffs. His ability to adapt and make the necessary trades to better his team and later performance makes him deserving the 2nd place spot. 3rd we have RussianFury, who many believed had the worst team on paper and very much exceeded expectations to have his team make playoffs. Having this season's MVP indeed does help, but by no means does it make what Russian did for the team any less critical, and for that Is why I have him 3rd. BabyJ takes the 4th spot as a very underrated captain who I also think many people didn't know his team would make the playoffs. That Jedi master chemistry is very well put, and a solid oiled machine and his trading of Vlad for Camden surely did help in a late push for playoffs.

**Best late-round gem**
Fireboy
Wall
Red Viper
Rafael
Stryker

Reasoning: Fireboy played well and produced well above where he was placed in the draft. Although this was a 5v5 league, and selecting the last two rounds as the decider for this award may have to be taken with a grain of salt, I still believe these players deserve this recognition. fireboy played very well and produced some very clutch round closeouts, and getting some very much-needed first picks or trades, he played well above his round selection, and for that, I have him taking this award. 2nd I have wall. Wall produced not the prettiest stat line at his selection but was overall a solid rock for his team. Having Cwater, Anthony, and Oatmeal can cause you to get overlooked, but he had some moments where he was on par with these players and his opposing. Coming in at 3rd, we have Red Viper. Viper played very well. His FB FD ratio may scare many players looking at this selection, but I believe he was the 3rd best late selection. He repeatedly proved it when his team needed him in clutch scenarios and was a big part of his team's later success in making the playoffs. Rafael is an intriguing case but will be overlooked due to his availability at times. That being said, I do feel that if he could play just as many matches as everyone else, I think he could have taken maybe 1st or 2nd in this award. His knowledge of the game and passive style is very calculated and caused him to win his team's needed rounds to make their maps closer and pressure the other teams to win. Lastly, we have StrykerOP, the man the myth the chamber whore. All jokes aside, he played very well, given his role for his team. I can unquestionably imagine the screaming Mr water put on him not to do anything and block and stun chamber, but I feel he is a better player when he leaves out of this role. He may not have a pretty FB FD ratio or a KD over 1.00, but he played a vital role in his team's dominant performance, and I cannot let it go overlooked.

**Best Match**
Round 5 CHC and Friends vs. BoomerBus Gaming
Round 4 JediMasters vs. GVT
Round 5 BabyRage vs. JediMasters
Round 1 BoomerBus Gaming vs. GVT
Round 1 CHC and Friends vs. JediMasters

Reasoning: I think the best match of this tournament is no doubt Friends vs. Boomer. It went to 3 maps and was a close contest throughout, and it just shows how good horse is to give him the MVP nod. Cwater also shows his dominance and ability to play this game and will his team to victory. 2nd we have Jedi vs. GVT, the almost comeback win for Jedi. If I could compare it to an IRL event, it reminded me of the Rams vs. Bucs in the divisional round in the NFL playoffs. Rams (GVT) dominate throughout and impose their will while the Bucs(Jedis) start to make a comeback and push it to OT. Thus resulting in GVTs victory not choking to make playoffs and advance. 3rd I have the match that decides who goes to the playoffs between Jedi and babyrage. They played their hearts out to make it close throughout, but jaax was not going to allow any other result but a Jedi victory, and for that, I have it going bronze. 4th and 5 are mainly just statement matches to me. Still, I have Boomerbus having the edge considering much thought this was a for sure 2-0 victory for GVT, and causing that to be a different outcome cemented the confidence and swagger boomerbus carried for the rest of the tournament. Friends vs. Jedi was merely a pure dominant master class from friends and leaving Jedi wondering what to do. Although it was week one and their playoff rematch was indeed a masterclass, this just really went to show how dominant Friends were in the regular season.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 01:06:48 pm by James. »

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #785 on: February 15, 2022, 01:30:24 pm »
Can I get the triple crown for worst captain, worst team, worst starter

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens
« Reply #786 on: February 15, 2022, 03:42:09 pm »
for late round steals for L2 should be VHA, Matlord, Suzuki should be up for nomination and for the best match its 4 sure BBG vs JEDI no one could dispute that

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #787 on: February 15, 2022, 07:41:51 pm »
Spoiler

**MVP**
Horse
Cwater
Jaax
Anthony
VetroG

Reasoning: Although Cwater had the best KD and FB FD ratio in the stats, I think many people (including himself) didn't think horse could play to the level that he did. He proved that he is worthy of a top 3 pick and can have a team built around him. He was the most impactful player for his team, who many people thought would not make playoffs at the beginning of the season. Cwater, for obvious reasons, comes in 2nd. He played outstanding and further proved himself a top player in NA. Coming in 3rd, we have jaax, who many people thought he wasn't going to play at the start of the season. He was almost offline for about 2-3 months and came back to prove he is still a top player. Although his first two weeks were shaky, he did pull it out in the end and willed his team into the playoffs. Just falling out of the top 3, we have Anthony and VetroG, who played outstanding for their teams. Anthony, the last 1st round pick who many thought wouldn't be available (hence his drop to the last place spot), came out swinging and was very dominant in his performances. However, last week's match drops him out of the top 3, and the players above him play better. Finally, Vetro played very well in every match he had. Even when his team looked like they were not going to make the playoffs, his FB FD ratio may not be as pretty as the rest of the MVP standings. He is that much of a game-changer.

**Best Captain**
Cwater
Mikey
Russian
BabyJesus

Reasoning: Cwater's draft was by far on paper, just better than everyone else and it was very much proven in their 5-0 record in the regular season. Just losing one map to BBG Cwater and his drafting and coaching put in place a very well-oiled machine that dominated the regular season. Coming in 2nd, we have Mikey, who was not living up to the expectations of many players at the start of the season, and I do feel including himself lived up to given just how well he played in the previous league. His draft was definitely not terrible, but it just wasn't working, so he decided to make many trades receiving Yoshie, Risk, and Vlad and thus making his way into the playoffs. His ability to adapt and make the necessary trades to better his team and later performance makes him deserving the 2nd place spot. 3rd we have RussianFury, who many believed had the worst team on paper and very much exceeded expectations to have his team make playoffs. Having this season's MVP indeed does help, but by no means does it make what Russian did for the team any less critical, and for that Is why I have him 3rd. BabyJ takes the 4th spot as a very underrated captain who I also think many people didn't know his team would make the playoffs. That Jedi master chemistry is very well put, and a solid oiled machine and his trading of Vlad for Camden surely did help in a late push for playoffs.

**Best late-round gem**
Fireboy
Wall
Red Viper
Rafael
Stryker

Reasoning: Fireboy played well and produced well above where he was placed in the draft. Although this was a 5v5 league, and selecting the last two rounds as the decider for this award may have to be taken with a grain of salt, I still believe these players deserve this recognition. fireboy played very well and produced some very clutch round closeouts, and getting some very much-needed first picks or trades, he played well above his round selection, and for that, I have him taking this award. 2nd I have wall. Wall produced not the prettiest stat line at his selection but was overall a solid rock for his team. Having Cwater, Anthony, and Oatmeal can cause you to get overlooked, but he had some moments where he was on par with these players and his opposing. Coming in at 3rd, we have Red Viper. Viper played very well. His FB FD ratio may scare many players looking at this selection, but I believe he was the 3rd best late selection. He repeatedly proved it when his team needed him in clutch scenarios and was a big part of his team's later success in making the playoffs. Rafael is an intriguing case but will be overlooked due to his availability at times. That being said, I do feel that if he could play just as many matches as everyone else, I think he could have taken maybe 1st or 2nd in this award. His knowledge of the game and passive style is very calculated and caused him to win his team's needed rounds to make their maps closer and pressure the other teams to win. Lastly, we have StrykerOP, the man the myth
Spoiler
the chamber whore. All jokes aside, he played very well, given his role for his team. I can unquestionably imagine the screaming Mr water put on him not to do anything and block and stun chamber, but I feel he is a better player when he leaves out of this role. He may not have a pretty FB FD ratio or a KD over 1.00, but he played a vital role in his team's dominant performance, and I cannot let it go overlooked.

**Best Match**

Reasoning: I think the best match of this tournament is no doubt Friends vs. Boomer. It went to 3 maps and was a close contest throughout, and it just shows how good horse is to give him the MVP nod. Cwater also shows his dominance and ability to play this game and will his team to victory. 2nd we have Jedi vs. GVT, the almost comeback win for Jedi. If I could compare it to an IRL event, it reminded me of the Rams vs. Bucs in the divisional round in the NFL playoffs. Rams (GVT) dominate throughout and impose their will while the Bucs(Jedis) start to make a comeback and push it to OT. Thus resulting in GVTs victory not choking to make playoffs and advance. 3rd I have the match that decides who goes to the playoffs between Jedi and babyrage. They played their hearts out to make it close throughout, but jaax was not going to allow any other result but a Jedi victory, and for that, I have it going bronze. 4th and 5 are mainly just statement matches to me. Still, I have Boomerbus having the edge considering much thought this was a for sure 2-0 victory for GVT, and causing that to be a different outcome cemented the confidence and swagger boomerbus carried for the rest of the tournament. Friends vs. Jedi was merely a pure dominant master class from friends and leaving Jedi wondering what to do. Although it was week one and their playoff rematch was indeed a masterclass, this just really went to show how dominant Friends were in the regular season.
[close]
[close]

This is cool and all but I'll wait for the ghostrider take.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 07:57:49 pm by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline James.

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 15, 2022, 08:05:15 pm »
Spoiler

**MVP**
Horse
Cwater
Jaax
Anthony
VetroG

**Best Captain**
Cwater
Mikey
Russian
BabyJesus

**Best late-round gem**
Fireboy
Wall
Red Viper
Rafael
Stryker

Reasoning: Fireboy played well and produced well above where he was placed in the draft. Although this was a 5v5 league, and selecting the last two rounds as the decider for this award may have to be taken with a grain of salt, I still believe these players deserve this recognition. fireboy played very well and produced some very clutch round closeouts, and getting some very much-needed first picks or trades, he played well above his round selection, and for that, I have him taking this award. 2nd I have wall. Wall produced not the prettiest stat line at his selection but was overall a solid rock for his team. Having Cwater, Anthony, and Oatmeal can cause you to get overlooked, but he had some moments where he was on par with these players and his opposing. Coming in at 3rd, we have Red Viper. Viper played very well. His FB FD ratio may scare many players looking at this selection, but I believe he was the 3rd best late selection. He repeatedly proved it when his team needed him in clutch scenarios and was a big part of his team's later success in making the playoffs. Rafael is an intriguing case but will be overlooked due to his availability at times. That being said, I do feel that if he could play just as many matches as everyone else, I think he could have taken maybe 1st or 2nd in this award. His knowledge of the game and passive style is very calculated and caused him to win his team's needed rounds to make their maps closer and pressure the other teams to win. Lastly, we have StrykerOP, the man the myth
Spoiler
the chamber whore. All jokes aside, he played very well, given his role for his team. I can unquestionably imagine the screaming Mr water put on him not to do anything and block and stun chamber, but I feel he is a better player when he leaves out of this role. He may not have a pretty FB FD ratio or a KD over 1.00, but he played a vital role in his team's dominant performance, and I cannot let it go overlooked.

**Best Match**

[close]
[close]

rather have vlad or piktonss tbh

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #789 on: February 15, 2022, 08:46:38 pm »
Spoiler

**MVP**
Horse
Cwater
Jaax
Anthony
VetroG

**Best Captain**
Cwater
Mikey
Russian
BabyJesus

**Best late-round gem**
Fireboy
Wall
Red Viper
Rafael
Stryker

Spoiler

**Best Match**

[close]
[close]

rather have vlad or piktonss tbh

I find ghostrider more insightful and more grounded

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 15, 2022, 10:19:36 pm »
gg vindica. you've got a great team and best of luck in the finals

We choked the shit out of the 2nd and 3rd maps. It was a fun league, and it really hurts to go out like this but we gave it our all so heads high. Thank you to everyone on Babyrage, y'all great.

First off, let me say that Vindica played a great match and they deserve to make it to the finals. Losing always hurts more when you expect to win, and I had full confidence in myself and my team that we could pull this one out. We started off great and it looked like we were gonna pull this one off. I can whole heartedly say that I did not play well enough for our team to win in the final two maps. The last map I put full responsibility on myself. I am the reason we lost. Everyone else did their job. I just don't have the same spring in my step as I used to. It might be time to think about the next chapter, but I'll always look back on this team and be grateful I was a part of it.

Had good fun playing your team, real hard competitors, and I think everyone can hold there heads high in such a competitive and respectful match. GG to you lot.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 15, 2022, 11:49:40 pm »
Finals

Congratulations to our Season 2 teams that have made it to the Finals for both Leagues. Our League 1 Finals is Convicted Hatecrimer and Friends vs BoomerBus Gaming, and our League 2 Finals is Convicted Hatecrimer and Friends vs bromen. Winners will take the Napoleonic Wars Champions League Season 2 title. Good luck to these teams in this last week!

Finals matches and bronze placement matches must be completed by February 20th for both leagues. Home team for ban/pick phase is decided by who has a higher seeding.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #792 on: February 16, 2022, 01:13:59 am »
Bromen clearly we’re more focused on l2
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #793 on: February 16, 2022, 01:35:20 am »
We’re focused on player development, love that our Minor league team is showing promise, and with the 1st overall pick secured in the next season we’ll have a strong, young core!

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 084ever!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #794 on: February 16, 2022, 01:40:01 am »
We’re focused on player development, love that our Minor league team is showing promise, and with the 1st overall pick secured in the next season we’ll have a strong, young core!

Interesting to see Waste continuing a strong relationship with the word minor
click here to join the 84th