Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 64635 times)

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
  • Side: Union
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #345 on: March 06, 2016, 05:27:40 pm »
everryone in chat is spamming 63e tactics, when the enemy is on the hill lol

.......................................  8)

didnt even know until someone sent me the stream, looks cool, although first thing I saw in chat was ^

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #346 on: March 06, 2016, 05:45:08 pm »
RIP archers baiting cavalry.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #347 on: March 06, 2016, 05:45:21 pm »
Stream is over.. That was amazing. The map, the battle, goddamn everything... I cannot contain my hype. Anyway, I want to comment on a few things on the game.

1 - The weapon system is absolutely amazing. I love now that you can create your own weapons, but there is one feature I'd like to ask is in the game. Aging of the weapons! If you have used the weapons for prolonged periods of time, the weapon is bound to get scratches and in some cases, get damaged. I would like to see scratches on swords, and even blood marks. If the weapon is broken in battle, for example the handle breaks off, then you will have to go back to the smithy to have the weapon repaired. I feel like this would really immerse the players in the game.

2 - I really found the influence system quite interesting. I would like to suggest a feature to be added to that however. If you have a higher title, like being a King, you should have a largr influence than say a Lord. For example, on that video, Phil was a Lord and was able to make another person follow him for 10 days. I think that a King should be able to make someone follow him for about 25 - 35 days. Also, I presume that if you lose a tournament or lose a battle your influence will decrease.

3 - One thing I saw is that the battlefield was the same. On the video earlier and the stream today, the battleground was the exact game. I would like to see a sort of battlefield randomizer. I know that this could be hard to implement into the game, but if you could, it would mark out any repetativeness in the game.

4 - I am really pleased that they have decided to make the game feel more alive. I would suggest a way to do that even more, this time with soldiers. You could have soldiers talking amongst themselves, when not in combat, like they do in the most recent Total War games. I think that this could really add to the atmosphere of the game.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #348 on: March 06, 2016, 05:46:11 pm »
when the cav smashed into the line it was amazing

Norwegian13

« Reply #349 on: March 06, 2016, 06:03:40 pm »
Amazing stream!

Hype is real ;D

Offline danangleland

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 06, 2016, 07:00:41 pm »
also horses cant really bump into eachother and stop eachother, they like bounce off eachother and keep going, not sure how I feel about this...

Looks good to me, seems pretty realistic- when you see horses converge like that in real life they sort of deflect off each other, much like people do. It isn't like there were any head on collisions, they were all at angles. In Warband in contrast, there would be no effect at all on one horse, and the other one stops dead in its tracks and rears, as if momentum and mass didn't exist!

3 - One thing I saw is that the battlefield was the same. On the video earlier and the stream today, the battleground was the exact game. I would like to see a sort of battlefield randomizer. I know that this could be hard to implement into the game, but if you could, it would mark out any repetativeness in the game.

I was thrown by this at first, but there is no reason to think they will have a few set maps rather than using a generation system as in Warband, and I believe I know why the map was the same. I wrote about this at TaleWorlds and will paste my thoughts here:

I was also initially perturbed to note that the battle map was the same or looked extremely similar in both battles, and the same Vlandian lord was fought each time yet in a different part of the world map. But I now think this was deliberately set up for the purpose of showcasing the features that they wanted to within the time constraints of the demonstration; they needed the player to find both a friendly lord to bring along to show that feature (subordinating a friendly lord to join you) and an enemy lord. So to make sure it could be done quickly and not waste time searching the map and avoiding other interactions, they set up the lords in these positions in advance. For the same reason they probably made sure the same battle map was generated regardless of world map topography (or else placed the enemy lord in very similar areas of Vlandian land to get a similar result) so that they could demonstrate the enemy lord selecting a steep hill to use as a defence.

Offline GerRagnar

• Major
  • ↑ the amount of times I posted nudes last year ↑
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Crumpets_Mum
« Reply #351 on: March 06, 2016, 09:23:06 pm »

Offline CaseliusFIN

• First Lieutenant
  • Getting shot is my forte
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2ndWI_Cpt_W_Parsons
« Reply #352 on: March 07, 2016, 06:56:40 pm »
Damn,
I'm now totally hyped for the game. Looking so good already. Especially it is nice to see non-empty towns without mindlessly wandering bystanders and characters standing still with no motion like we have in Warband. It seems much more polished in all fields.

Totally lost it when they started showcasing the facial features, it made me think which kind of multiplayer will be like knowing the community and their choice of faces  ;D.

I wish it comes this year like they want. Probably not but still.
Company Commander. 2nd Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry.
NW veteran & ARMA 3 modder

AeroNinja

« Reply #353 on: March 07, 2016, 07:06:42 pm »
The combat and sounds... ffs. Warband is boring now.

Informative.. Release at the end of the year. Explains it in this vid. :D

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 07:11:13 pm by κʀonoх »

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 07, 2016, 07:17:06 pm »
Hopefully some testing before the end of the year too.

AeroNinja

« Reply #355 on: March 07, 2016, 07:24:28 pm »
I heard in a video that Frank Elliot told that there will be testing before release.

If u closely listen at almost the end of the video.

Offline Ser Thomas

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 07, 2016, 10:04:09 pm »
I heard in a video that Frank Elliot told that there will be testing before release.

If u closely listen at almost the end of the video.

That battle looks really damn nice

Offline jabdimelborn

• Private
  • aka "Wasted Meat"
    • View Profile
    • Clan L'ARMATA BRANCALEONE
  • Nick: AB_Jab
« Reply #357 on: March 09, 2016, 11:10:21 pm »
...Questions/Answers after the streaming:...

ciauz^^,
Jab

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 07, 2016, 07:44:37 am »
By the way, Bannerlord is going to be at E-3 this year. Also it is reckoned the release will be sometime in Early 2017.

Norwegian13

« Reply #359 on: June 13, 2016, 09:03:21 pm »

hypee