Author Topic: Developer Blog 28 - Napoleonic Wars Patch 1.2  (Read 50379 times)

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Developer Blog 28 - Napoleonic Wars Patch 1.2
« Reply #240 on: February 23, 2018, 02:13:53 am »
Any reason why tiered admin powers/levels wasn't included in the update?
if you are referring to admins being able to ban admins, then that will be in the hotfix.   you will have to go into the file and enable the code, and put your IDs in.   if you are referring to what i did with LB admins on NA1, then that will have to be something your do on your own.  its not too complicated to do.
i know it's not that hard, I did it once already lel. I was just wondering why you did just include it with the whitelist? They're not that different tbh
I think you mean didn't so i will post with that in mind. 

there were some things that i made before the last patch was a thing, and i decided to bring them over into the patch.  Revive, spawn and god mode are the main 3.  Things like medics were something i wanted added, but my old system for that was meh.(probably OP tbf)  especially when you can do it a lot better with a full patch, and not a server side only thing.   Vince worked on that stuff though. 

there were a bunch of other minor stuff that most people had on their servers.  aka welcome messages and logging teamwounding and teamkilling.  those 2 changed numerous times as what we wanted out of them changed.(multiple people worked on them at one time or another)  i added round and map changes to the logs.   plus all the other random fixes i made like healing a player heals their horse or refilling ammo gives them ammo if they have none.       some of the stuff i didn't bring over because i didn't feel it was worth it, or i just forgot.  most of the code i brought over from the old patch had to be redone by me, because when i originally made it years ago, i really sucked at coding and wasn't that well done.(my old revive code was just awful. complete garbage even tho it worked)    i still have plenty to learn, but i think the code i did for the current patch runs better, looks better, and makes the game better compared to my old code.  i did a lot of other stuff, but the above are the main stuff i wanted in and put in. 

anyways, back to the stuff at hand.  it is probably possible to try and tie in the whitelist with the ability for admins to ban admins or to find other ways to tier the admins.  it wouldn't be something that can be done quickly and would require a bunch of changes to the existing admin stuff.  i believe the hotfix is done or very close to be, so i don't think it would be worth redoing it at this point.(plus what defines each tier would be debatable)  my code for banning admins is good enough for now.  most servers will be modifying their files so going up and enabling and changing the IDs would be quick and easy.

something i did add that anyone that has played on NA1 over the years knows about is the automatic friendly fire toggle.   You can leave it off, and FF will stay whatever the server has it set to like usual.  or you can change the time you want it to automatically turn on.  So lets say after 30 seconds in the round, FF will turn on and when the round ends, it will turn off.   When the round ends, map is reset, or the time is under said timer(say 30 seconds) FF will turn off until the time has passed.   This cut down the work load for NA1 admins by like 90%.  Alt tab teamkills were a thing of the past.  Not being able to mass teamkill/wound at the start of the round.  and at the end of the round, no more having to deal with people teamkilling.  some servers may not care about teamkilling at rounds end, and that is fine.  NA1 doesn't allow it.  If you really want people to teamkill at rounds end, you can modify the MT or find other ways to get around it. 

This is also nice at events.  Prevents people from teamkilling or teamwounding.  Tired of admins reseting or you having to revive/heal because someone decided it would be fun to attack someone else in spawn?   Well, this should stop that stuff too. 

GF servers would be able to make use of it as well.
That makes sense, thanks for answering
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline ScreechingSeagull

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 28, 2018, 11:03:41 am »
Observations after a month of playing and testing:

Is there a reason why some sappers have the short sword, and other nations don't? If there's no major reason, I'd like to see it consistent (all have, or all don't).

The trapezoid shape makes it incredibly hard to line up sandbag sections without holes. Changing from the rectangular shape gives us two choices: build closer together (reducing surface area of cover) or accept the gaps (compromised defence). One flat surface at the top would appreciated, without the V and raised sides.

For whatever changes the sandbags get:
Could you test building a wall of sandbags (lets say 4 wide and 2 high) on a slight slope? Does it leave holes? Is it easy or finicky to build?

The small hitbox is by far the worst part of sapping. I've tried my hardest to adapt to it, but it's just so infuriating. If I had a bitcoin everytime someone got in the way, or a horse smacked me, I'd be richer than Bill Gates. It does make it harder for 2+ sappers to rush build. Please, please restore the hitbox sizes.
Max characters: 1000; characters remaining: 889
Images in your signature must be no greater than 600x200 pixels

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #242 on: February 28, 2018, 11:28:21 am »
If its historically accurate, the side weapons that the Sappers used for each nation, might as well keep it that way. I dont think anyone reaaaally cares that much about it being the same across each nation if thats the case. Not like you dont try to pick up a sword as a sapper no matter what nation it is.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #243 on: February 28, 2018, 11:00:38 pm »
Gentlemen please - the devs are currently hard at work patching the CTRL + J exploit, we must not overload them with additional trivial work.

Offline pete99

• First Sergeant
  • Gang Warily
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Drummond
« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2018, 12:25:20 pm »
How do you make the custom scene props visible to clients on your server?

Offline JonnyReb

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 02, 2018, 10:44:23 pm »
<iframe src="https://www.fsegames.eu/devblog28embed.html" width="100%" height="10700" ></iframe>

Masquerading this a patch to another game as a update. Oh flying squirrel you roguish bastards

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 27, 2018, 11:37:58 pm »
So I played a few games on Tropical Paradise today as sapper and was almost instantly reminded of why this update was so - simply put - shit in regards to the sapper "fixes".

Zero room for creativity, no prop stacking, and planks being reduced to little more than decorations with no real function. It's sad really, but just another nail in the coffin I suppose.

Offline danangleland

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 15, 2018, 09:43:46 pm »
I virtually never play sapper so cannot comment on that side of things, but I played for about two hours today for the first time in months and really enjoyed it. This was partly due to a well populated siege server with revamped maps, but also because of nice little surprises (because it is ages since I read the changelog) like healing and performance being better, the latter allowing musican and officer etc. bonuses to be active on large servers without it lagging badly.

yecgga

« Reply #248 on: April 21, 2018, 07:08:55 pm »
FSE stealing BettyTheBomber's scripts? Nice one lol

AeroNinja

« Reply #249 on: April 22, 2018, 03:08:29 pm »
Betty was already living in the future. All hail Betty.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 23, 2018, 07:51:18 pm »
awww bae  :-*   :-* :-*

Do something interesting betty, or fade back into irrelevancy 

Offline King_George

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: king_george
« Reply #251 on: July 04, 2018, 10:10:26 pm »
So how do teleporting doors work?

yecgga

« Reply #252 on: July 04, 2018, 11:40:29 pm »
How can I edit welcome message?

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 05, 2018, 07:19:28 am »
How can I edit welcome message?
strings file.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Mack

• Donator
  • " Hear me roar "
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lannes Mack
« Reply #254 on: July 09, 2018, 12:05:59 am »
Awesome!!  :)
Lannes Mack

Proudly commanded the 4e Grenadiers for two and a halve years