Author Topic: Developer Blog 28 - Napoleonic Wars Patch 1.2  (Read 50385 times)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Developer Blog 28 - Napoleonic Wars Patch 1.2
« Reply #195 on: January 23, 2018, 11:42:41 pm »
here is the code i modified this morning.

Code
check_common_teleport_door_trigger = (ti_on_scene_prop_use,
  [
    (store_trigger_param_1, ":agent_id"),
    (store_trigger_param_2, ":instance_id"),

(try_begin),
      (agent_is_active,":agent_id"),
      (agent_is_alive,":agent_id"),
      (prop_instance_is_valid,":instance_id"),

(this_or_next|multiplayer_is_server),
      (neg|game_in_multiplayer_mode),

(prop_instance_get_variation_id, ":teleport_id", ":instance_id"),

(assign,":found_dest_instance_id", -1),
      (try_for_range,":door_type","spr_door_teleport_vertical","spr_door_teleport_props_end"),
        (try_for_prop_instances, ":cur_instance_id", ":door_type", somt_object),
          (eq,":found_dest_instance_id", -1), # not found yet.
          (neq, ":cur_instance_id", ":instance_id"),

(prop_instance_get_variation_id, ":dest_teleport_id", ":cur_instance_id"),
          (eq, ":teleport_id", ":dest_teleport_id"),

(assign, ":found_dest_instance_id", ":cur_instance_id"),
        (try_end),
      (try_end),

(try_begin),
        (prop_instance_is_valid,":found_dest_instance_id"),

(prop_instance_get_position, pos1, ":found_dest_instance_id"),
        (try_begin),
          (prop_instance_get_scene_prop_kind, ":door_kind", ":found_dest_instance_id"),
          (eq, ":door_kind", "spr_door_teleport_vertical"),
          (position_move_y, pos1, -150),
          (position_move_x, pos1, -50),
          (agent_set_position, ":agent_id", pos1),
        (else_try),
        (try_end),
      (try_end),
  (try_end),
  ])

if you don't care about the code, here is the txt file.  let me know how it works out.   be sure to make sure your maps are made with the new tp changes in mind. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Mohawky

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2018, 01:09:43 am »
here is the code i modified this morning.

Code
check_common_teleport_door_trigger = (ti_on_scene_prop_use,
  [
    (store_trigger_param_1, ":agent_id"),
    (store_trigger_param_2, ":instance_id"),

(try_begin),
      (agent_is_active,":agent_id"),
      (agent_is_alive,":agent_id"),
      (prop_instance_is_valid,":instance_id"),

(this_or_next|multiplayer_is_server),
      (neg|game_in_multiplayer_mode),

(prop_instance_get_variation_id, ":teleport_id", ":instance_id"),

(assign,":found_dest_instance_id", -1),
      (try_for_range,":door_type","spr_door_teleport_vertical","spr_door_teleport_props_end"),
        (try_for_prop_instances, ":cur_instance_id", ":door_type", somt_object),
          (eq,":found_dest_instance_id", -1), # not found yet.
          (neq, ":cur_instance_id", ":instance_id"),

(prop_instance_get_variation_id, ":dest_teleport_id", ":cur_instance_id"),
          (eq, ":teleport_id", ":dest_teleport_id"),

(assign, ":found_dest_instance_id", ":cur_instance_id"),
        (try_end),
      (try_end),

(try_begin),
        (prop_instance_is_valid,":found_dest_instance_id"),

(prop_instance_get_position, pos1, ":found_dest_instance_id"),
        (try_begin),
          (prop_instance_get_scene_prop_kind, ":door_kind", ":found_dest_instance_id"),
          (eq, ":door_kind", "spr_door_teleport_vertical"),
          (position_move_y, pos1, -150),
          (position_move_x, pos1, -50),
        (else_try),
        (try_end),
      (try_end),
  (try_end),
  ])

if you don't care about the code, here is the txt file.  let me know how it works out.   be sure to make sure your maps are made with the new tp changes in mind.

Thanks very much, appreciated!  We will try it out and let you know.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2018, 10:06:22 am »
managed to code this in last night.(map selection button)   seems to be working fine.  will have to do more tests, and maybe work on the code a bit more.  hopefully all goes well and it can be stuck in the hotfix.  you can use both the arrows like you use to or the other button.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

still have other things to work on in the present file,  and maybe a better player list panel when slaying, kicking, etc,.   
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
  • Founder of Minisiege, EU_Commander & Mininaval
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
« Reply #198 on: January 24, 2018, 03:32:07 pm »
Plus, they are too tall, and too extended at the bottom ends compared to the tops. Its completely hit and miss whether a player can jump sandbags now and that breaks a fundamental game priniciple of a prop always behaving the same way as a player expects it to.
The sides were not changed at all. The only thing that was changed is the small gap at the top, and the collision meshes now correspond to what the mesh looks like, which wasn't the case before. So that's exactly the contrary, now the collision mesh corresponds to what you actually see. It's just that you spent so much time playing with the old ones that those glitches seemed "natural" to you.

The sandbags are not taller per se, it's just that they don't glitch in the ground anymore. I understand that the small gap at the top makes it harder to build straight lines of sandbags, although that's not impossible. If that's the main problem it could be removed I guess.

However removing the other modifications would be a big mistake. Indeed, as I said already, I could build a big ramp with only 2 planks and one built sandbag because of the rectangular geometry. And we do not want that.

Weve had earthworks and planks disabled for a long time. With this update we left them on to see if they would still cause problems. Earthworks did very well, no glitching, no problems until we got to a map with a tunnel, and then they were used to glitch the exit from it. Planks are much improved and make very little difference to games other than sappers using them to plan out defences, like a ground blueprint. We will probably disable earthworks and leave planks on.
The kind of tower and ramp building you describe we don't have, simply because we don't allow it.

Cheveaux and spikes I don't see a problem with.

Whatever the cause sandbags are just not right and could do with some adjustment I think. Something like this would be much more user friendly. It would be easy to place and layer and its ends would butt up against each other easily to form walls:

But if you do change could the new version not exceed the dimensions of the current new prop - I don't want to have to adjust 5,000 sand bags again  :  )  Height wise - they should be at the right height for players to jump easily without getting stuck on top of them when in 1 layer.
The problem with earthmounds can be fixed by adding an invisible wall on the ground. Sappers won't be able to dig.

Offline Mohawky

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 25, 2018, 06:47:02 am »
Plus, they are too tall, and too extended at the bottom ends compared to the tops. Its completely hit and miss whether a player can jump sandbags now and that breaks a fundamental game priniciple of a prop always behaving the same way as a player expects it to.
The sides were not changed at all. The only thing that was changed is the small gap at the top, and the collision meshes now correspond to what the mesh looks like, which wasn't the case before. So that's exactly the contrary, now the collision mesh corresponds to what you actually see. It's just that you spent so much time playing with the old ones that those glitches seemed "natural" to you.

The sandbags are not taller per se, it's just that they don't glitch in the ground anymore. I understand that the small gap at the top makes it harder to build straight lines of sandbags, although that's not impossible. If that's the main problem it could be removed I guess.

However removing the other modifications would be a big mistake. Indeed, as I said already, I could build a big ramp with only 2 planks and one built sandbag because of the rectangular geometry. And we do not want that.

Weve had earthworks and planks disabled for a long time. With this update we left them on to see if they would still cause problems. Earthworks did very well, no glitching, no problems until we got to a map with a tunnel, and then they were used to glitch the exit from it. Planks are much improved and make very little difference to games other than sappers using them to plan out defences, like a ground blueprint. We will probably disable earthworks and leave planks on.
The kind of tower and ramp building you describe we don't have, simply because we don't allow it.

Cheveaux and spikes I don't see a problem with.

Whatever the cause sandbags are just not right and could do with some adjustment I think. Something like this would be much more user friendly. It would be easy to place and layer and its ends would butt up against each other easily to form walls:

But if you do change could the new version not exceed the dimensions of the current new prop - I don't want to have to adjust 5,000 sand bags again  :  )  Height wise - they should be at the right height for players to jump easily without getting stuck on top of them when in 1 layer.
The problem with earthmounds can be fixed by adding an invisible wall on the ground. Sappers won't be able to dig.

Its a nice idea, but the ground where the tunnel exits isn't regular, its like a dished bowl, so flat surfaced barriers wouldn't work there. I could always rework the exit somewhat.

Offline Mohawky

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 25, 2018, 06:56:14 am »
managed to code this in last night.(map selection button)   seems to be working fine.  will have to do more tests, and maybe work on the code a bit more.  hopefully all goes well and it can be stuck in the hotfix.  you can use both the arrows like you use to or the other button.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

still have other things to work on in the present file,  and maybe a better player list panel when slaying, kicking, etc,.

That's nice. With 100 custom maps clicking through them was getting a bit tedious. A better admin panel list page would also be good too - the options we use the most - swap player, kick player etc have all been moved into "More Admin Tools" which means two clicks now to get to the option you need. Its a bit cumbersome. Any chance of it all on one page - maybe double columned?

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 25, 2018, 07:55:24 am »

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

That's nice. With 100 custom maps clicking through them was getting a bit tedious. A better admin panel list page would also be good too - the options we use the most - swap player, kick player etc have all been moved into "More Admin Tools" which means two clicks now to get to the option you need. Its a bit cumbersome. Any chance of it all on one page - maybe double columned?
indeed, we wanted to have a better map selection thing in the patch, but ran out of time.  same for changing the slay, kick, stuff for finding players.

as for moving stuff around.  eh, it will have to be something i talk to Vince about. 

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #202 on: January 25, 2018, 08:59:22 am »
Please remember that it is just going to be a "hot"fix.
I am not going to accept adding any new features or spending to much time on it. We need to work on other stuff that is more important.

Norwegian13

« Reply #203 on: January 25, 2018, 03:52:07 pm »
We need to work on other stuff that is more important.

Such as BCoF beta

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #204 on: January 25, 2018, 04:09:55 pm »
The light infantry officer unit has 2 Ironflesh and 1 Powerstrike, where as normal officers, and almost all units in the game, have at least 3 Ironflesh and 3 Powerstrike; I believe this is an oversight that needs to be corrected. There is no increase in crossbow skill for the officer, for the record (and I'm not saying he should have, but at least correct the mistake in his core attributes).

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #205 on: January 25, 2018, 07:39:24 pm »
Noted. Thanks.

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
  • Nick: 47th_Cpt_Zebaad_Peritz
« Reply #206 on: January 25, 2018, 09:07:29 pm »
Found a bug when using royale props: used royale_spawn_ammo Var1-1 & Var2-100 spawned infantry muskets will check for any more bugs now:
Tested with Var1-1 & Var2-90 spawned inf musket
Var1-0 & Var2-100 Spawned musket ammo which was not added to inventory

Lastly, tested by placing ontop of pontoons over water, muskets were spawned where ammo should be still, however item kinds of ammo was spawned underwater below the pontoon- not usable.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:18:03 pm by Zebaad »

Offline danangleland

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 25, 2018, 11:31:35 pm »
Without reading the title, I was mildly excited to see the first blog in over 2 years, but then bemused to see that it had nothing at all to do with Battle Cry of Freedom. I had heard about the NW patch a few days ago but assumed it was done by Taleworlds; I was under the impression that Flying Squirrel were long since done and dusted with working on NW- now it seems part of the tiny team has been working on a nearly 6 year old DLC for another game, and posts the info about it under the guise of being a blog in the same series as the previous 27 blogs which were all about BCoF. It is bad enough to learn that the very few members not working on Holdfast or some other venture were not all working on BCoF, but could you not have posted this NW update info in the NW section? It's like a bad joke putting it here, a kick in the teeth. It's not as if the NW part of the forum isn't regularly visited; the patch wouldn't have gone unnoticed there.

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
  • I don't want no pardon for anything I done
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #208 on: January 26, 2018, 01:23:03 am »
Dev blogs 5, 17, and 18 are about NW. It's not as if this section has been something exclusively reserved for news on the development of BCoF, but rather as a place for all development news for all FSE projects.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 26, 2018, 01:28:23 am »
The light infantry officer unit has 2 Ironflesh and 1 Powerstrike, where as normal officers, and almost all units in the game, have at least 3 Ironflesh and 3 Powerstrike; I believe this is an oversight that needs to be corrected. There is no increase in crossbow skill for the officer, for the record (and I'm not saying he should have, but at least correct the mistake in his core attributes).
hmmm i see they share the same stats as regular lights in terms of power strike, iron flesh, etc.   but their melee, shooting, etc are similar to other officers.  similar story for rifles.

ill change the #s to be the same as other infantry officers. 

Found a bug when using royale props: used royale_spawn_ammo Var1-1 & Var2-100 spawned infantry muskets will check for any more bugs now:
Tested with Var1-1 & Var2-90 spawned inf musket
Var1-0 & Var2-100 Spawned musket ammo which was not added to inventory

Lastly, tested by placing ontop of pontoons over water, muskets were spawned where ammo should be still, however item kinds of ammo was spawned underwater below the pontoon- not usable.
i'll add it to the list.   

Without reading the title, I was mildly excited to see the first blog in over 2 years, but then bemused to see that it had nothing at all to do with Battle Cry of Freedom. I had heard about the NW patch a few days ago but assumed it was done by Taleworlds; I was under the impression that Flying Squirrel were long since done and dusted with working on NW- now it seems part of the tiny team has been working on a nearly 6 year old DLC for another game, and posts the info about it under the guise of being a blog in the same series as the previous 27 blogs which were all about BCoF. It is bad enough to learn that the very few members not working on Holdfast or some other venture were not all working on BCoF, but could you not have posted this NW update info in the NW section? It's like a bad joke putting it here, a kick in the teeth. It's not as if the NW part of the forum isn't regularly visited; the patch wouldn't have gone unnoticed there.
you do realize that there have been blogs in this section before regarding NW right?   and this is where they post all their blogs for everyone to see right?  There are a lot of errors in your post.   a lot of false assumptions. 

if you want to criticize FSE for lack of info on how BCoF is going or lack of blogs made, that is fine.  you could at least put a little effort in before making a post like this though.

and do note, i am not a dev.