Author Topic: ♜ Minisiege & EU_Commander  (Read 155669 times)

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
  • Founder of Minisiege, EU_Commander & Mininaval
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
  • Side: Neutral
Re: ♜ Minisiege
« Reply #360 on: August 16, 2015, 09:19:25 pm »
Spoiler
Custom map 7, the city one where the defenders are defending a large building with the flag on the front balcony, is complained about all the time, it's p badly designed and attackers can almost never win.

There are two main ways into the upper floor of the defender building, the stairway which can easily be blocked with plank spam and the ladder to the back balcony which many attackers don't even know exists because of it's rather "hidden" access route! I'd suggest putting a hole in the wall on the left side of the defender building to let people circle around the building and find the rear balcony ladder easier to put more pressure on the defenders.

Attacker sappers spend a lot more time glitching their team onto nearby roofs at the attacker spawn rather than destroying defenses, the rooftop attracts a good 1/5 of the attacker team every round to ineffectively snipe at the well covered defenders and basically guides them to not help their team. The roofs could be blocked and snipers could relocate to the large barricade in front of the building where they perhaps might hit something or even take part in the attacking.

Please allow explosive crates for attackers because the stairwell can be blocked off entirely with plank spamming.

Also the spawn placement is a problem here as it is with many other maps. The defender spawns are placed right next to the flag or directly on the route to the flag which means that they will be spawning in the middle of attacking enemies if they manage to push to the flag. Spawns could be placed in more secluded areas (houses, back rooms, rooftops)  behind the flag with multiple approach routes to the flag like in the vanilla maps so that defenders can try to make a counter attack to reclaim the flag rather than be spawnkilled constantly until the round ends. (For example the defender spawns in custom map 1 could be moved further back to the small cottage at the back of the map rather than around the flag and in the courtyard which are under constant attack)

edit: (Custom map 7 will too turn into a defender spawnkilling nightmare if the attackers by some miracle manage to pass to the upper floor, perhaps move defender spawns to the attic or into a new separate wing of the building)
[close]
The only reason for which attackers can't win is the plank spamming which will be adressed as stated many times either by limiting the number of planks or by deleting planks. Allowing crates isn't possible as the house is entierly destructible.

As for spawn points, having people spawn on the roof would be ridiculous and completely ineffective. How could you defend the flag from there?

Spawn points have already been changed many times on many maps. That never prevented players from whining because they got spawnkilled. And no vanilla map has ever completely protected players from spawnkilling. Spawnkilling is part of this game mode because there is no spawn protection in this game. Since Minisiege has small maps, it's even harder to prevent spawnkilling.

The farm at the Russian fort is not only too far from the flag and the walls, which would decrease the ability of players to defend, it's also behind the map limit, so if players spawned there they couldn't be reached by the attacking team, which isn't an acceptable option.

On some vanilla maps the spawns are placed behind the flag. But most of those maps are defended mostly by their walls and by the length that separates attackers from the flag. I refuse to have players run for 2 minutes before being able to see the actual fight, most likely to die from a bullet.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 09:21:20 pm by MaxLam »

Offline Noble

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 17, 2015, 12:09:58 am »
So from your own statement the other guy who if I remember was a fresh spawned infantry teamkilled, so thats his ban cleared up. As for yours I just need one more detail do you use the red banner with some white curved lines.

It sounds similar to mine, yes. I was an artillery ranker, and was stood at the cannon closest to spawn when this event happened.

The other arty ranker: slayed and cautioned had me following him till the map change
Yourself: temporarily banned for 2x team hitting and artillery  trolling (interfering with another's shot)

The guy in bold was the fucking troll. You CAUTIONED him?
I loaded the cannon and he fired it. I hit him out of anger, to tell him to go away.

Don't accuse me of trolling, you snake.
Right after this either talk to me over steam or stop. It doesn't matter if you loaded the shot it was his cannon end of story, and the reason I know you was there second is because you first team hit me and the ran over there and 30 seconds later trouble starts.

You liar. It wasn't his cannon at all, the round just started and I got there a good 20 seconds before anyone else.

Kody, I didn't hit you, just stop. You've been reported before.

Nice to see the server owner letting his Admins be blatantly corrupt and letting their friends fuck around. GG from me.

*I won't post no further, but anyone players reading this:

Avoid this gutter of a server.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:13:22 am by Noble »

Offline QuBeZ

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired oldfag
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 17, 2015, 10:06:43 am »
Admin applications are open till Wednesday (19th of August). Correction to earlier: 4 spots available now. Priority goes to NA applications.

Offline TheAlberto

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 18, 2015, 11:39:01 pm »
Noble if i remember correctly wherent you the one saying that the admins on the 15th are the best admins? And saying how they whip the community in shape. This is actually one of the few servers who have a good admin team and can be reasoned with .

Offline SniperV

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The true sneper
« Reply #364 on: August 19, 2015, 01:21:47 am »
Spoiler
So from your own statement the other guy who if I remember was a fresh spawned infantry teamkilled, so thats his ban cleared up. As for yours I just need one more detail do you use the red banner with some white curved lines.

It sounds similar to mine, yes. I was an artillery ranker, and was stood at the cannon closest to spawn when this event happened.

The other arty ranker: slayed and cautioned had me following him till the map change
Yourself: temporarily banned for 2x team hitting and artillery  trolling (interfering with another's shot)

The guy in bold was the fucking troll. You CAUTIONED him?
I loaded the cannon and he fired it. I hit him out of anger, to tell him to go away.

Don't accuse me of trolling, you snake.
Right after this either talk to me over steam or stop. It doesn't matter if you loaded the shot it was his cannon end of story, and the reason I know you was there second is because you first team hit me and the ran over there and 30 seconds later trouble starts.

You liar. It wasn't his cannon at all, the round just started and I got there a good 20 seconds before anyone else.

Kody, I didn't hit you, just stop. You've been reported before.

Nice to see the server owner letting his Admins be blatantly corrupt and letting their friends fuck around. GG from me.

*I won't post no further, but anyone players reading this:

Avoid this gutter of a server.
[close]

I think you're just a bit salty; you have been arguing over who did what for the past three days over a temp ban (1 hour) the fact is that you team hit and unless you have actual proof you didn't or it wasn't you then

Offline Noble

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 19, 2015, 03:37:50 am »
The 15th are okay,  yes. In contrast to Kody and his ilk, at least.

Whatever,  I care little about this anymore. I'm an admin on a few servers and will deal the same hand to Kody as he did to me. Even stevens, m8. No more replies, please.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #366 on: August 19, 2015, 03:45:17 am »
WATCH OUT!!! He has admin on a few servers....

Offline Noble

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 19, 2015, 04:07:26 am »
NA players..  ::)

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #368 on: August 19, 2015, 04:09:36 am »
I'm an EU player but thanks all the same.

Offline Noble

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 19, 2015, 04:17:51 am »

Hush now, Mr EU it's  time for beddy boes xxxx
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 04:27:01 am by Noble »

Offline Nicos

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 19, 2015, 09:06:29 am »

Just stop filling this thread with your pointless,butthurt posts,you say you dont care but you are all day watching the thread to give an answer to anyone that says something to you.Go away.

Offline Noble

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 19, 2015, 10:50:13 pm »

Just stop filling this thread with your pointless,butthurt posts,you say you dont care but you are all day watching the thread to give an answer to anyone that says something to you.Go away.

I don't have time to read your novel of a post. Goodbye.

Offline Nicos

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 20, 2015, 12:25:45 am »
Too bad you did,dont come back here again.

Offline Noble

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 20, 2015, 02:38:46 am »
Too bad you did,dont come back here again.

*Tells someone to leave as they are leaving*

Offline Jdc308

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CapnJollyJames
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #374 on: August 20, 2015, 05:47:53 am »
1.Minisiege
2. CapnJollyJames
3. Wednesday August 19th
4.Me and a couple mates were having a bit of a laugh attacking each other, punching about and firing on one another. I had noticed I had been banned without any warning. But I can't say I blame the admin for wanting to keep it clean and serious.
5. We were just playing about, not attacking anyone at random only each other. I know it is uncalled for behavior and I do extend my apologies to the runners of the MiniSiege server. I promise it won't happen again from me or my mates.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 09:38:51 am by Jdc308 »
It's all in the reflexes