Author Topic: The problem of adding a new faction  (Read 1740 times)

Offline KArantukki

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Chaotic Evil
    • View Profile
  • Nick: KArantukki
  • Side: Union
The problem of adding a new faction
« on: December 15, 2012, 12:37:56 pm »
Hi,
I know Vincenzo often post a way to add a new faction, but in fact it was not possible to add a new nation. I tried it for hours and I fixed all the errors showed in the Build_module.bat. But in the game, it's still not possible to play the new faction.

Here is the problem:

After I start the "build_module.bat" (wich shows no errors) I go into my mod and try to select the nation. I set up a Deathmatchgame with my new nation "Rheinbund Staaten" and United Kingdom.

Spoiler
[close]

Then I start the game and instead of my new nation and United kingdom, there were Austria and a "Player's supporters".
So my new nation switched into Austria and United Kingdom switched into Players supporters. The Players supporters faction doesnt have any units.

Spoiler
[close]

The problem is that the nations are moved in the selection. When I select Austria, there will be Russia, when I select Russia, there will be prussia and so on ... but when I select United Kingdom, there will be a Players supporters faction instead of my new "Rheinbund Staaten" faction.

So what is the problem? I have fixed all the errors that have been shown in the build_module.bat.

Here is my module_factions.py

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Dasvi2018

• Second Lieutenant
  • Beware of the Greek Moustache
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The problem of adding a new faction
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 11:41:56 am »
check the ID Factions file as it references the faction on the other files
Quote from: Adam Jensen