Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 5]  (Read 217654 times)

Offline ThE-KiLLiaN

• First Sergeant
  • Edit animation & Play NW
    • View Profile
  • Nick: IVe_45e_Cpt_KiLLiaN
  • Side: Union
Re: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 5+] [Website in progress!]
« Reply #510 on: February 15, 2015, 10:19:09 pm »
It's sad, Only one side expressed his opinion about the match.

#TeamMacAaron.

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #511 on: February 15, 2015, 10:21:59 pm »
It's sad, Only one side expressed his opinion about the match.
Well if a regiment camped they camped, there is no opinion about it, it's a fact.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline ThE-KiLLiaN

• First Sergeant
  • Edit animation & Play NW
    • View Profile
  • Nick: IVe_45e_Cpt_KiLLiaN
« Reply #512 on: February 15, 2015, 10:29:17 pm »
When I said Nwl break the community  :-\

(I prefer the relax events with many regiments don't hit me  ;D )

#TeamMacAaron.

Offline crazytoes

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #513 on: February 15, 2015, 10:40:10 pm »
Refereeing the match today, I can quite honestly say, was the darkest moment of my time playing NW. I always thought this community played every LB/1vs1 in good heart and good faith. So when it comes to the sportsmanship of the match, quite clearly K-KA were the better of the two regiments. So therefore I will back the K-KA in their argument. The match overall was disgusting. For instance the last round when the 5pp ran off the the back of the map, across the river, to prevent the K-KA getting anywhere near close enough for a charge to be given. I had never seen the 5pp play before today. I can quite honestly say, I never want to be apart of their matches or play against them. Overall I think it was a disgrace.

Thank you.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 15, 2015, 10:41:11 pm »
I must say... that todays LB we had was one of the nicest LB's we had...

They didn't run away... well, not far

It was glorious

fanks 79th

no more tears
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Obelix

• Sergeant Major
  • Leader of Spartan Hoplites
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zagi
« Reply #515 on: February 15, 2015, 10:54:15 pm »
Spartans - 78th
        7     -    3

Ref. - Dasbrot

Very nice match. always a pleasure 78th <3

Offline Nidden

• Corporal
  • Hej hej 5pp!
    • View Profile
    • 5pp website
  • Nick: 5pp_Kpt_Nidden
« Reply #516 on: February 15, 2015, 11:20:38 pm »
Spoiler
Well I can.

That is honestly the worst linebattle I've ever had in my 4+ years. Congratz. Its a disgrace that a regiment can bring 35 people then drop them down to I think last round was 19. Not only doing that but so easily admitting that they done it on purpose, all so they could camp, shoot and run away. I have no doubt if the map wasn't as flat as it was, we would be still playing on after mid night. Shocking. In addition they wanted Arminius to ref and he told 5pp yesterday to 1. Find a new ref and 2. Tell us. Yet what happened? They tell us 20mins before the lb was due to start TODAY and WE were forced to find a ref because they were too idiotic to do it themselves. So not only did we wait 30mins to get the match going but we had to deal with 5pp "master tactics", how am I meant to stay in such a competition when 15+ of my guys have to sit and watch (almost as bad as having to play).

I've no idea how they were selected for the 1st League and how this kind of behaviour is allowed as I'm told they are quite famous for such things.

I would like to thank crazytoes for stepping into the gap and helping us. We are a busy regiment and expect to play when events have been agreed, not playing today would have been unacceptable. So a big thanks to him for also having to ref such a pathetic match.
[close]
Spoiler
Very disappointing from 5pp. While they didn't break rules excessively, the overall spirit in which the line battle was played was nothing short of disgraceful.

Can we please consider having a rule implemented that states a regiment cannot drop more than, say: 20%, or six - whichever is less, of the players it originally started the line battle with and if they do, the opposing regiment is no longer obligated to match their numbers? I'm not sure if 5pp dropped their numbers maliciously, tactically or simply because their players couldn't be bothered to see the line battle through, but it absolutely ruined the spirit of the line battle and meant K-KA had to spend more time switching players in and out than we spent actually maneuvering. I believe we started the match with about 35 players on each side and by the last round 5pp had just 19 on the field, with a considerable number of their players actually present on the server sitting in spectators. It meant a lot of our players had to be swapped out to sit and watch the line battle, which is totally unfair on them, and 5pp gained an arguably unfair advantage as their style of retreating and firing volleys became proportionally more effective as the lines got smaller.

If 5pp wished to play with 19, then this proposed change doesn't affect them as they could have simply brought that number to begin with. If players simply left because they had other things to do, is it really acceptable for a regiment in the first league of NWL to bring 35 players and for almost half of them to leave the battle before its conclusion?
[close]
Spoiler
Refereeing the match today, I can quite honestly say, was the darkest moment of my time playing NW. I always thought this community played every LB/1vs1 in good heart and good faith. So when it comes to the sportsmanship of the match, quite clearly K-KA were the better of the two regiments. So therefore I will back the K-KA in their argument. The match overall was disgusting. For instance the last round when the 5pp ran off the the back of the map, across the river, to prevent the K-KA getting anywhere near close enough for a charge to be given. I had never seen the 5pp play before today. I can quite honestly say, I never want to be apart of their matches or play against them. Overall I think it was a disgrace.

Thank you.
[close]

At the beginning I have to say: We did not enjoy the match as well. It is probably caused by the atmosphere of the whole match.

I'll try to explain everything to you and everyone else that is reading this thread, why we have those fire spitting posts.

Yes, we had 35 people on the serwer right before the match started. But some of them were recruits and others that couldn't play on competitive level. They simply came here to spectate the match. Why would you disallow them to do so? If I recall correctly, we started with 31 man in game and ended with 19. We took like 6 people off during a match, because we believed they had negative influence on our performance. The rest, left for their own reasons. Maybe they did not have time to play or did not enjoy the match. I could do nothing about this.

Next you said we were constantly camping and running away. It's not true. We did shoot a lot (like 4 shoots per round! Crazy, I know.) and it was our plan to shoot you down. We expected you to be better than us in melee. We focused on shooting and maneuvering, rather than going straight into the charge.

While talking about the map, you have to remember we both agreed on this. No weird hills or anything. Some regiments forgot, that a line battle is not about melee, like groupfighting, but also shooting.

The whole referee mess caused the match to start with 25 minute delay. We thought Arminius informed you about the situation. Also it never was a problem to find a ref, even right before the match. Suddenly, every single one of scheduled refs was busy or afk, quite sad. It wasn't only you looking for him. We also did it. You were just luckier and managed to find ref first. Sadly, the guy wasn't natural in internal admin chat which boiled our blood, but it's another story. We talked about this issue with Bever. Nothing more to say. And you again moan about shooting. In my opinion you should expect some regiments to play 15 vs 15 as the rules allow this.

You lost two rounds to us, yet still ask yourself how we made it here. We are famous for what? Playing a little more tactical than an average regiment? When I watch some of replays form I league match, I laught. There is very little thinking involved into this. Just "Charge" and my ex-NR24 members will guide me to victory.
Captain of 5th Regiment of Food (AKA 5pp), ex corporal of 4pp_XW [RIP]

Offline ZuS

• Sergeant Major
  • ,,Chciałem dobrze, a wyszło jak zwykle"-Hubal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ZuS
« Reply #517 on: February 15, 2015, 11:23:43 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Well I can.

That is honestly the worst linebattle I've ever had in my 4+ years. Congratz. Its a disgrace that a regiment can bring 35 people then drop them down to I think last round was 19. Not only doing that but so easily admitting that they done it on purpose, all so they could camp, shoot and run away. I have no doubt if the map wasn't as flat as it was, we would be still playing on after mid night. Shocking. In addition they wanted Arminius to ref and he told 5pp yesterday to 1. Find a new ref and 2. Tell us. Yet what happened? They tell us 20mins before the lb was due to start TODAY and WE were forced to find a ref because they were too idiotic to do it themselves. So not only did we wait 30mins to get the match going but we had to deal with 5pp "master tactics", how am I meant to stay in such a competition when 15+ of my guys have to sit and watch (almost as bad as having to play).

I've no idea how they were selected for the 1st League and how this kind of behaviour is allowed as I'm told they are quite famous for such things.

I would like to thank crazytoes for stepping into the gap and helping us. We are a busy regiment and expect to play when events have been agreed, not playing today would have been unacceptable. So a big thanks to him for also having to ref such a pathetic match.
[close]
Spoiler
Very disappointing from 5pp. While they didn't break rules excessively, the overall spirit in which the line battle was played was nothing short of disgraceful.

Can we please consider having a rule implemented that states a regiment cannot drop more than, say: 20%, or six - whichever is less, of the players it originally started the line battle with and if they do, the opposing regiment is no longer obligated to match their numbers? I'm not sure if 5pp dropped their numbers maliciously, tactically or simply because their players couldn't be bothered to see the line battle through, but it absolutely ruined the spirit of the line battle and meant K-KA had to spend more time switching players in and out than we spent actually maneuvering. I believe we started the match with about 35 players on each side and by the last round 5pp had just 19 on the field, with a considerable number of their players actually present on the server sitting in spectators. It meant a lot of our players had to be swapped out to sit and watch the line battle, which is totally unfair on them, and 5pp gained an arguably unfair advantage as their style of retreating and firing volleys became proportionally more effective as the lines got smaller.

If 5pp wished to play with 19, then this proposed change doesn't affect them as they could have simply brought that number to begin with. If players simply left because they had other things to do, is it really acceptable for a regiment in the first league of NWL to bring 35 players and for almost half of them to leave the battle before its conclusion?
[close]
Spoiler

Thank you.
[close]

At the beginning I have to say: We did not enjoy the match as well. It is probably caused by the atmosphere of the whole match.

I'll try to explain everything to you and everyone else that is reading this thread, why we have those fire spitting posts.

Yes, we had 35 people on the serwer right before the match started. But some of them were recruits and others that couldn't play on competitive level. They simply came here to spectate the match. Why would you disallow them to do so? If I recall correctly, we started with 31 man in game and ended with 19. We took like 6 people off during a match, because we believed they had negative influence on our performance. The rest, left for their own reasons. Maybe they did not have time to play or did not enjoy the match. I could do nothing about this.

Next you said we were constantly camping and running away. It's not true. We did shoot a lot (like 4 shoots per round! Crazy, I know.) and it was our plan to shoot you down. We expected you to be better than us in melee. We focused on shooting and maneuvering, rather than going straight into the charge.

While talking about the map, you have to remember we both agreed on this. No weird hills or anything. Some regiments forgot, that a line battle is not about melee, like groupfighting, but also shooting.

The whole referee mess caused the match to start with 25 minute delay. We thought Arminius informed you about the situation. Also it never was a problem to find a ref, even right before the match. Suddenly, every single one of scheduled refs was busy or afk, quite sad. It wasn't only you looking for him. We also did it. You were just luckier and managed to find ref first. Sadly, the guy wasn't natural in internal admin chat which boiled our blood, but it's another story. We talked about this issue with Bever. Nothing more to say. And you again moan about shooting. In my opinion you should expect some regiments to play 15 vs 15 as the rules allow this.

You lost two rounds to us, yet still ask yourself how we made it here. We are famous for what? Playing a little more tactical than an average regiment? When I watch some of replays form I league match, I laught. There is very little thinking involved into this. Just "Charge" and my ex-NR24 members will guide me to victory.
[close]

+1

I hate you 5pp. Everytime I think "yay I realized a nice application with nice pictures which show the 7e blablabla", you guys arrive and just destroy all my hopes with your magnificient posts.

Offline DarkLight

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkLight
« Reply #518 on: February 15, 2015, 11:24:57 pm »

Offline Klin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 15, 2015, 11:26:31 pm »
*delete
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 11:29:11 pm by Klin »

Offline Klin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 15, 2015, 11:27:54 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Well I can.

[close]
Spoiler

[close]
Spoiler

Thank you.
[close]

[close]

+1111

Offline Zahari

• Major
  • Man with 0 ping Also known as Vicky ^^
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA N°8
« Reply #521 on: February 15, 2015, 11:49:16 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Well I can.

[close]
Spoiler

[close]
Spoiler

Thank you.
[close]

[close]

I'm not in 5pp and i wasn't spectate this match but if they fire only 3-5 times per round there is not anything strange as long as it is LB
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 11:52:15 pm by Zahari »
"Russia and Prussia, especially, tried to suppress both Polish culture and language and the Catholic faith. In response, the Poles developed one of the most intense and self-sacrificing versions of Romantic nationalism ever seen in Europe. "- Neal Ascherson

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #522 on: February 16, 2015, 12:24:30 am »
Spoiler
Well I can.

[close]
Spoiler

[close]
Spoiler

Thank you.
[close]

O please, I've commanded more linebattles than you have, so trying to state you won two rounds thanks to your tactical genius is just stupid. Its not genius, its a boring playing style. Line up at spawn, shoot, shoot, shoot. Thats what you would have done if we didn't advance. We killed you are your spawn, every, single, round. Your a camper, nothing tactical about it. Accept it, if you have a problem with the description, stop camping. Thats how things work. My favourite part of the event was the 9th round. You know, where you went across the river where there was hardly zero any ground. So when I wouldn't advance, your guys turned around and present at the ground. Shows your quality pretty well I think.

Neither I, nor my guys called you out on your boring play style until it became just retarded. So I'll repeat it again, your not anywhere near the quality I expect to be in the first league. Boring your opponent to death and forcing your members not to play. Nice regiment, I wonder how you have 35 attendance.

I'd also like to point out, once again, you had a WHOLE day and a half to find a ref, yet forced us to do it in 30mins. I'm not sure how time works in Poland, but where I'm from if you can do something in 30mins..it tends to mean you can do it in 35hours.

Also, we had like 3 "ex-nr24" in that match so take your arrogance and self important attitude and stick it. Glad we won't be playing you anymore, I have pity on the others that have to waste their time on you.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 16, 2015, 12:28:25 am »
Ye Proid's a vet mate
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Zahari

• Major
  • Man with 0 ping Also known as Vicky ^^
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA N°8
« Reply #524 on: February 16, 2015, 12:41:35 am »
Cry me a river pls. You won anyway, it is just a game so pls guys.
"Russia and Prussia, especially, tried to suppress both Polish culture and language and the Catholic faith. In response, the Poles developed one of the most intense and self-sacrificing versions of Romantic nationalism ever seen in Europe. "- Neal Ascherson