Poll

Do you want uniform degrading?

Yes, I want to see the battle's effect on the soldier!
66 (63.5%)
Yes, but I think there are other ways (Post in thread please)
1 (1%)
Maybe, if it isn't too much for the game to handle
22 (21.2%)
No, it's a useless asthetic
9 (8.7%)
Only if I get to shoot peoples' hat off
6 (5.8%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Author Topic: [Suggestion]Uniform Degrading  (Read 7480 times)

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
[Suggestion]Uniform Degrading
« on: August 03, 2013, 10:49:16 pm »
As we all know, Battle Cry of Freedom is a game about the American Civil War (At least I hope you know that).

In the ACW, like any other war, when people fight things tend to get... messy. People get shot, uniforms get ripped, mud gets over your brand new shiny brogans just before round-shot takes the rest of your leg off. To put it in a quick way of saying it, War is Hell, and bad shit happens in Hell.

I'm proposing the idea of adding these effects to uniforms in BCoF (Not dismemberment, that's extremely over demanding for an indie game such as this).

When you get shot, blood splatters onto your uniform (Like in NW), but also you see a bullet hole where it came in. If you get slashed with a sword a rip appears along with some minor bleeding. When you walk through a river, your trousers and sack coat get soaked, along with your brogans. In rainy maps, while you slosh through mud and dirt it starts to appear on your uniform itself. Also, as battles go on you start seeing minor fraying in your uniform, some cotton puffs sticking out, strings going askew, actual rips in your uniform.

Also it'd feel pretty cool to shoot someone's kepi off, just sayin'.

Some examples of degrating costumes or dynaimic effects in games (Be advised, some vids/pics will be graphic in nature).

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine
Spoiler
[close]

The Amazing Spider Man
Spoiler
[close]

The 3rd Birthday (No, I have never heard of this game either)
Spoiler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SQV5FjFu6hE[/youtube]
[close]

Red Dead Redemption
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 05:37:16 pm by SeanBeansShako »
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Japan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Japan
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [Suggestion]Uniform Degrating
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 10:52:30 pm »
This has already been suggested in the donator forums as Rejenorst said when he replied to you.(He was actually the one to suggest it as well)

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 10:54:26 pm »
This has already been suggested in the donator forums as Rejenorst said when he replied to you.(He was actually the one to suggest it as well)

I know, but we can't all read the donator forums can't we? Everyone should get a chance to voice their opinion.

Besides, when I came up with this I had no idea he had come up with a similar idea. Great minds think alike I suppose!
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 11:16:47 pm »
If the team are not allready planning this then I think it's useless and will just make the game run worse. Maybe make it a toggable option if it's that important.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 11:19:20 pm »
There is allready a thread for this though.
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=3612.0

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 11:20:37 pm »

I know, but we can't all read the donator forums can't we? Everyone should get a chance to voice their opinion.

Besides, when I came up with this I had no idea he had come up with a similar idea. Great minds think alike I suppose!

Offline Pinball Wizard

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 01:05:10 am »
If you're not willing to help a game out by giving them money than you should not be able to voice your opinion on what should be in the game.

Other than that, yes it is a good idea; suggested already.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 01:09:59 am »
If you're not willing to help a game out by giving them money than you should not be able to voice your opinion on what should be in the game.

The reason I can't donate is because I have other things which take priority money wise.

Also I'm buying the game, I have the right to have an opinion. Donating is not the only way to support FSE and BCoF. Kindly fuck off.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 01:21:56 am by ClearlyInvsible »

Offline Pinball Wizard

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 02:28:29 am »
If you do not have money to spend to help support them with early development to add the basics to the game, than really you don't have a say. It's like saying your going to buy stock in a company, not buy until later, but start bringing things up with the board of directors.

And there is no way to kindly say fuck off. It's not like I said anything derogatory, nasty, or harsh towards you, and honestly, I do not know where that "fuck off" came from.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 02:41:21 am »

The reason I can't donate is because I have other things which take priority money wise.

Also I'm buying the game, I have the right to have an opinion. Donating is not the only way to support FSE and BCoF. Kindly fuck off.
Sorry but the voices of the donators are more valuable than the non-donators since we have showed that we really want this game by donating.
So "Fuck off" and I'll head to the donators forum.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 02:49:48 am »
I'm not here to start a fight over who's voice is more valuable than who's. I just wanted to put this forward.

The reason I said "fuck off" is because just because I didn't hand over a lumpsum of cash, it doesn't mean I care about the game less than anyone else.

I just have more important things with require my income.

AntonioTheWorstAtMelee

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 08:39:48 pm »
Good idea.  Since Rej suggested it, it could become a possibility.

Sorry to see people like Pinball coming on here and causing trouble.  But since he doesn't donate to me, I don't care about his opinion ;)

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2013, 12:06:12 am »
They still sift through non donator bribes suggestions;

We are a relatively small team, so it is difficult to monitor all of the changes taking place, but we are reading through!

Sorry but the voices of the donators are more valuable than the non-donators since we have showed that we really want this game by donating.
So "Fuck off" and I'll head to the donators forum.

This is the most arrogant post I've ever read in my life.

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde Impériale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2013, 12:26:32 am »
So the potentially more insightful suggestions and ideas of non-donators should be completely shunned while donators get all the benefits of input? That is a delusional statement if I ever heard one.

Everybody gets a fair chance to input their ideas, even if some may be able to post in a special board. Posting in said special board does not give you any claim to better treatment over others, so get the idea that you do out of your heads. Let everyone speak their mind, discuss in civility, and everything will be fine.

Kielbasa!

AntonioTheWorstAtMelee

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2013, 01:53:34 am »
Also isnt somebody who donates 1 dollar considered a donator? not the most exclusive group of people you seem to think it is.  Some people have money, but no means to donate.  I bet a lot of people would give Vince money upfront if they could, but those people (and myself)can't afford the plane ride :P
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 01:56:30 am by AntonioTheWorstAtMelee »