Author Topic: [RGL7] Congratulations & Thanks You  (Read 4694 times)

Offline Giles

• Captain
  • Turco Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 98e_Col_Giles
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [RGL7] Congratulations & Thanks You
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2020, 04:57:16 pm »
GG to all, was a perfect tournament. If we could see other Regimental Showcases, it would be better. But still it was the best season for me.

Wursti

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2020, 05:09:11 pm »
Was only able to play 1 match cuz of the swapping rule but was still nice with the stuff built around it (and 15th winning)

Offline FlorisW

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Floris Peritz
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2020, 05:12:49 pm »
Nice write up Tardet! One mistake though is that you put Achilles as the caster for the 92nd vs 15th YR match when it actually was Jerome. Aside from that good work :)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2020, 05:17:18 pm »
Nice write up Tardet! One mistake though is that you put Achilles as the caster for the 92nd vs 15th YR match when it actually was Jerome. Aside from that good work :)
That disrespect towards Jerome is unforgivable. Thanks for the heads-up Floris, edited it!
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2020, 06:54:06 pm »
That disrespect towards Jerome is unforgivable. Thanks for the heads-up Floris, edited it!

Floris shhhhhshshh smh
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Board Moderator
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2020, 07:00:35 pm »
thanks for probably the best RGL to date
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2020, 07:55:12 pm »
Thanks Tardet, you never disappoint! GG All.

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2020, 12:13:22 am »
thank you for organizing one of the best RGL's I've ever played, even tough we lost so many matches^^

are you going to post the stats from all matches?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 12:14:59 am by DarkTemplar »

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2020, 01:40:03 am »
Thanks Tardet and Shadey for letting me Ref this fun and entertaining season of RGL. Definitely one of the best ones that I remember being apart of.

Offline General Shepherd

• Retired General #AbimYok
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Former-82nd Regiment Leader S&M Creative Producer
    • View Profile
    • 82nd Regiment
  • Nick: General Shepherd
  • Side: Union
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2020, 03:12:41 am »
It was fun, thank you very much. Tardi and Shadi ;)

Phailur

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2020, 12:19:22 pm »
I would like to congratulate myself

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2020, 12:55:23 pm »
I would like to congratulate myself

Is that RGL spec winner extraordinaire Phailur

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2020, 01:31:00 pm »
Thanks Tardet and Shadey for letting me Ref this fun and entertaining season of RGL. Definitely one of the best ones that I remember being apart of.

The fact you were by far one of our most active and serious referee while being from a different continent speaks for itself. Thanks a lot for your time and professionalism Nick, EU owes you.

On another note, since some people brought it up, imma answer them here (When I was speaking about projects we were not able to conduct in this RGL, I am mostly thinking about these two things.)

thank you for organizing one of the best RGL's I've ever played, even though we lost so many matches^^

are you going to post the stats from all matches?

Doing stats wasn't part of the things we had planned but because they were part of the bundle coming with Wustenkreiger's amazing scripts, we considered them. The thing is, despite being a huge fan of his scripts, the stats part of it isn't exactly developed yet. It's a general leaderboard with kill, death, assists and teamkills (which is already amazing on its own) but there is no way to differentiate them match by match which means the relevance of these stats is questionable. Besides, for said stats to be taken into account, it requires us to turn competitive score on & off during each official. If this has been globally respected at the beginning of the league, it was nowhere the case near the end, meaning a lot of the stats are going to be flawed, decreasing the value you can give them even more.

From experience, it's possible to have some very detailed stats but it's a huge work that only a handful of people are capable to make. On Native, Yamipirate made these amazing stats in countless tournaments, with the latest to date being the WNL8. From a host perspective, only these sort of stats is worth showing because they provide the biggest picture possible and showcase tons of different aspects during a match. So to answer your question Dark, no, we won't display the data we have because they would simply serve as a poor and inaccurate ego-boosting and nothing more. Hope you understand that point of view.

GG to all, was a perfect tournament. If we could see other Regimental Showcases, it would be better. But still it was the best season for me.

Hype content is something I have put a lot of time getting better at, mostly through my time native. I have covered dozens of major tournament from start to finish but unfortunately, there is also an equal amount of tournament of competition coverage I couldn't finish because of time and motivation issue. I understand people got hyped for it and wish they could have read showcases and more about their own teams but I hope the same people will also understand it's hard to force yourself to do something like that when it's not your job and you have other real priorities at the same time. I was really excited to bring my experience and knowledge of the scene on NW but this wasn't mean to be for this particular competition. Maybe in future, maybe not, can't promise anything about that.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2020, 01:35:45 pm »
At least tell me I'm 15th MVP Tardet ffs  :'(

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!