Author Topic: Rikkert's Fallout 4 Mod-list  (Read 984 times)

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Rikkert's Fallout 4 Mod-list
« on: May 04, 2020, 07:45:45 pm »
Fallout 4 Mod-list

Ricky asked me to make a list of my Fallout 4 mods. I already have it compiled now so I felt that I might as well post it here too.
If anything this thread can serve as a forum for people to share their own mod-lists on any game. Which would be cool.

This thread will include most links that are needed for modding Fallout 4 so it can also serve as a hub for people to get to everything quickly.
You never know, it might just come in handy for someone else that is bored as fuck during lock down.

The mods honestly don't change that much gameplay wise. I don't use insane overhauls to completely change the dynamic of the game.
This mod-list simply fixes many vanilla issues and adds many things that are simply missing from the base game. Along with some great graphics. I also added in a lot of mods that add things to settlements, as I personally enjoy building stuff. Just ignore them if you don't care about settlement building.
This mod-list only contains 120+ mods, it should therefore be used as a base for you to add your own mods to. (my NMM says 138. But loads of them are optional files, patches and fixes.)

I cba making this thread look super pretty, If anyone would like to help me with that it would be appreciated.

This is not necessarily a tutorial on how to mod, don't take it as one. It is just a list of mods that I have found to work well for me.

I run this mod-list with a stable 60-70 fps on my system: GTX 1070 FE (only a slight overclock cuz FE is dogshit), i5 6600k @4.6 Ghz, 16gb of RAM.
So-far I've run into only one crash that I couldn't fix/explain in about 20+ hours of playing.
NOTE: I had to change my shadow quality down in the fallout 4 base game settings in order to get stable fps. The game still looks 1000x better than vanilla though.

Modding takes a bit of time and patience, but is not difficult. Install a couple of mods at a time and launch the game to check if it is working in between, so that you know which mods might be at fault for crashes or glitches.

Set-up

-Start with a clean install of the main game, and a new save.
-Make sure to have all DLC for compatibility with all mods.
-Install NMM and LOOT.
-Install base ENB.Tutorial here.
-Install F4SE.Tutorial here.
-Determine your optimal VRAM and change it accordingly.
Spoiler
[close]
-This steam post has some very handy tips on how to optimize your game a bit better.

ESO Mod-List

I went through this mod list from a youtuber called ESO. This modlist mainly contains visuals and makes the game look great, but can also be quite a performance hit.
I'd recommend using their install video for optimal visuals. If you use this, there is no way to fuck up during installation. Some of the overwriting steps might be slightly different because the mods and the game have been updated since the video was first uploaded.

All in all this gives you around 68 mods, which is a good starting point. The site that I linked also gives adequate descriptions of the mods that it includes. You can pick and choose which ones you don't want.
Use this site to get to all the mods, I'm not going to link them all separately here.

I decided on a different ENB than the one they use in the video. I took Vogue ENB instead (I've used it in the past, personal preference).

Some notes on this modlist:

-I'd recommend numbering the mods as they do in their tutorial. It might seem tedious as fuck, but it is definitely worth it.
-I initially took the 2k textures for some of these mods to be safe. They're a smaller download and take less of a performance hit.
In hindsight this wasn't necessary for me but, if you're scared of bad performance, it might be better to download the 2k textures.
-I removed the following mods from this list for my personal use:
011: Extreme Particles Overhaul. Big performance hit, and I didn't like how "in your face" some of the particles on guns were. Basically:  I couldn't see shit when firing a Laser gun.
016: GRASSLANDS. I opted for a different Grass overhaul that seems to be less of a performance hit. Will be listed later on.
023: True Storms. I opted for a different Weather mod that will be listed later on.
036: Diamond City Expansion. Massive performance hit, clashed with Diamond City Enhanced somehow (loads of visual glitches in Diamond City). I didn't manage to fix it, it might work for you though.
044: Diamond City Enhanced. See above.
045: Louder Rainy Sound. I used a different weather mod that includes this. Also: fuck loud rain.
051: Campsite. Unnecessary for me as I didn't plan on playing on survival mode.
-I initially had the"Looks menu" mod turned on, and it worked fine-ish. But, I turned it off after I changed my characters face to what I wanted ,as this mod gave me an error on launch every time which was just a slight nuisance.

Other Mods

These are my mods that I added after I installed the ESO-Modlist.
If you overwrite a mod whilst installing these, check if it is working first. If it crashes or causes issues, reinstall both mods and don't overwrite that mod. It's generally been as easy as that for me up until this. Use your common sense when overwriting stuff. If a you have a mod that changes many textures and one mod that changes ONE texture specifically, then ofcourse you want to overwrite the more general mod with your specific mod.
Make sure to run LOOT every time you change something.
Generally speaking, the mod authors tell you when you need a certain mod or mod framework, but I tried to include a reminder to that wherever I remembered it being necessary.

Follow the NM page for any mod if you can't figure out why it isn't working.

These are in alphabetical order.

Warning! long list
1.1 day or instant vendors money reset.
Alternatively you can use a mod that gives the vendors extreme amounts of money.
2.Achievements.
Allows you to get achievements while using mods.
3.Animated Chems Redone.
Cool mod that adds loads of new animations for using chems.
4.Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource.
Necessary framework for mods that add custom armor and weapons to the game.
5.Armorsmith Extended.
Mod that fixes a lot of things about armor. (for example concealed armor) Read the description on NM for more info.
6.Better Goodneighbor.
The name says it all, great visual overhaul of Goodneighbor.
7.Better Settlers.
Adds more variation to settlers, also allows some customization of how good their equipment is.
8.Better the Third Rail.
Same mod author as Better Goodneighbor. Great visual overhaul.
9.BRUTALITY Hardcore Rebalance.
It basically makes it so both you and enemies take more damage. It makes everyone less of a bullet sponge. This works great with Better Locational Damage as far as I can tell.
10.Carry Weight Modifications.
Name says it all
11.Companion Infinite Ammo
ditto
12.Craftable Ammo
ditto
13.DEF_UI
Allows for extensive customization of the UI. Requires additional mods AND set-up outside of game. Read the NM page.
14.Eli's Armour Compendium.
Adds loads of craft-able armour to the game.
15.Wheel Menu
Adds a Wheel menu for selecting weapons and other things. Requires additional set-up in game and outside of game. Read the NM page.
16.Faster Terminal Displays
Name says it all
17.HideUI
Hides your UI, great for taking screenshots.Requires additional set-up in game.Read the NM page.
18.Higher Settlement Budget
The Settlement budget in game is just way too low to build anything. Requires additional set-up in game.Read the NM page.
19.Homemaker
Adds loads of things for building your settlements.
20.Homemaker Fix
The game crashed for me when I hovered over fences. This fixed that problem.
21.Honeybadger
Well made Gun that is fun to use.
22.HUDFramework
Necessary for other mods that alter your hud.Make sure to install the DEF_UI patch if using DEF_UI
23.Immersive Drumlin Diner
Drumlin Diner Overhaul.
24.K9-Harness for Dogmeat
Adds a K9 harness for the doge. I still have an old version of this where you needed a hotfix for Armosmith Extended and DEF_UI, these should be included in the main file now.
25.Long Range Bullet Holes
Name says it all.
26.Longer Power Lines
ditto.
27.Lstring Fallout Bow
Adds a pretty cool bow. It seems to be quite OP though. This could be because of the re-balance mods I use though.
28.MK14 EBR
Pretty cool weapon, although I don't use it that much in-game. Make sure to download the AWKCR compatibility patch, and the separate update file.Read the NM page.
29.Mk 41 Gyrojet Heavy Machine Gun
Adds a unique and cool gun.
30.Mod Configuration Menu
Framework mod that is necessary for many other mods. Allows in-game customization of mod settings.
31.More where that came from
Adds loads of new songs to Diamond City Radio. Great if you're on a second play-through and have heard the same songs 1000x.
32.OCDecorator
Allows you to place non-static items as static objects inside your settlements. Great for decoration things. Requires additional framework mods.Read the NM page.
33.Pip-Boy Flashlight
Adds a proper flashlight instead of a light that surrounds you 360 degrees.
34.Place Everywhere
Necessary if you want to do any settlement building. Make sure to check the hotkeys on the NM page.
35.Project Reality Footsteps
Great mod that adds very realistic sounds for footsteps.
36.Realistic Bullet Cracks
Adds realistic sounds for bullets whizzing by. Feel like ur back in Nam.
37.Realistic Death Physics
Name says it all.
38.Remnants Bunker
Adds a custom made Remnant bunker location, also adds these resources to your settlement workshop so you can build your own Remnant bunker.
39.Russian Assault Pack
Adds really well made Russian weapons to the game. I really recommend this one.
40.Scrap Everything
Allows you to scrap anything inside Settlements.
41.See through Scopes
Name says it all.
42.Settlement Keywords Expanded]
Name says it all.
42.Settlement Keywords Expanded
Framework that is needed for some mods, such as OCDecorator.
43.Settlement Supplies Expanded
Adds new placeable thing to your Settlement WorkshopMake sure to install the SKE patch. Read the NM page.
44.Settlement Expanded
Framework that is needed for some mods. Also apparently expands the Settlement limit (didn't work for me, which is why I installed a separate mod for that.
45.Settler and Companion Dialogue Overhaul
Adds some new dialogue for your companions and settlers.
46.Snap 'n Build
Adds new placeable thing to your Settlement Workshop.Make sure to install the Windowed walls texture fix.
47.Splinterz - Breakable wooden doors
Name says it all.
48.Star Wars TIE Fighter Pip-Boy
I'm not even a Star Wars fan, I just thought this looked dope.
49.The Mercenary Pack
Adds some dope armours.
50.True Grass
Grass overhaul.
51.Valdacil's Item Sorting
Slightly sorts out your messy-ass inventory.
52.Value per Weight indicator
Nice so you can see if it is worth picking something up.
53.Vivid Weathers
Weather mod, I used this instead of True storms.
54.Weapons of Fate (Ballistics Overhaul)
Realistic bullets.
55.Wearable Backpacks
Craftable and Wearable backpacks. Make sure to modify  them in-game on an armor workbench, in order to give them actual carry-weight.Make sure to install the AWKCR crafting patch.
56.Weightless ammo
Name says it all.
57.Weightless junk and other items
Name says it all.
[close]

Some Screenshots from my game
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Taken with PRC ENB
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Taken with PRC ENB
[close]
[close]

Can't wait for the "didn't ask" comments. (looking at you nero)

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 07:52:31 pm by Rikkert »

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Rikkert's Fallout 4 Mod-list
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 07:55:02 pm »
where is cbbe?

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 07:55:36 pm »
where is cbbe?
Included in the ESO modlist.

Offline Ricky.

• Captain
  • le faisan enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Ricky
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 07:55:48 pm »
no naked mods shit list

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 08:23:33 pm »
also why nmm over mod organizer or vortex x)

Nock

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 08:35:57 pm »
why fallout 4 and not fnv >:(

Offline Caskie

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15thYR_Caskerz
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 08:42:34 pm »
You call that a long list

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 08:43:25 pm »
You call that a long list
This mod-list only contains 120+ mods, it should therefore be used as a base for you to add your own mods to

also why nmm over mod organizer or vortex x)
Its what I'm used to. Simply prefer it over vortex, havent tried mod organizer extensively either.

why fallout 4 and not fnv >:(

Will definitely do that and fo3 after I finish my playthrough of fo4, dw.