Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars Fantasy League [NWFL | S2] - Overview  (Read 23515 times)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars Fantasy League [NWFL | S2] - Overview
« Reply #270 on: July 21, 2020, 05:31:18 pm »
Congratulations to all the teams which been taking part, regardless of their final placements. This format is no favourite of mine but I am glad we could see another season because clearly, people like it.

@MarxeiL Sure, there was some delay at the end and the lack of motivation could be felt on your side at the end but it's a burden many other hosts have felt before you. We are a really competitive community yet we will always remain very amateurish; therefore you cannot expect people regularly committing of their free time to organize cool stuff for our scene to always show the same level of interest/motivation. This is bound to evolve between the beginning and end of leagues. That's exactly why other less experienced but very motivated hosts such as Maskman, Crusher, Dark or others are a true blessing to the scene. Without replacing the more experienced hosts, they take on their shoulders a bit of the responsability of hosting tournaments on a regular basis and therefore keeping our scene healthy and alive.

You have hosted a shit load of tournaments other the last few years, so I hope you also take some time off for yourself. And whenever you feel the interest in hosting big projects for NW (not talking about one day tournament but stuff like the NWFL) then the only advise I can give you is to make sure you bring the best people possible by your side. They don't need to be your friends, you don't need to agree on everything but for me, having Shadey as the RGL co-host made the difference between total failure and complete success. Worth keeping in mind. ;)
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #271 on: July 21, 2020, 05:32:53 pm »
ok
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline MarxeiL

• Board Moderator
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #272 on: July 21, 2020, 06:23:16 pm »
Thanks for kind words, Tardet. I will keep it in mind :)
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Archangel
« Reply #273 on: July 22, 2020, 05:31:13 pm »
here it is vegan, check coco's stream

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #274 on: July 22, 2020, 07:10:26 pm »
here it is vegan, check coco's stream
Idk what you mean, but this was also funny to watch. xD

https://gyazo.com/a6e75f89b93dbe1fda7b8cb2d8539b5c

Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #275 on: July 22, 2020, 07:10:53 pm »
Maskman, Crusher, Dark or others are a true blessing to the scene.

0mmrman*
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?