Author Topic: Event Ideas  (Read 52784 times)

Offline Dren

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Event Ideas
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2019, 02:53:36 pm »
Good thing there was hiddsy to replace axiom
Yh that was lucky indeed !!!!!

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2019, 01:30:32 pm »
Hide and Seek

Offline Zappy

• Second Lieutenant
  • AT LEAST 86
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zappy
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2019, 02:46:25 pm »
Stealing an idea from NA, melee only conquest. Has been very fun playing on NA

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2019, 03:45:46 pm »
This is only for tournaments (hence the board).
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Zappy

• Second Lieutenant
  • AT LEAST 86
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zappy
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2019, 12:19:57 am »
Competitive EU Events/Tournaments, can still be a Competitive event

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2019, 01:20:21 am »
The idea also doesn't interest me.
nigga u stopid

Offline Saitama

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • older than Glennofnw
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady_Boy
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2019, 12:06:28 pm »
Tbh I enjoyed the last 5v5 randomised tournament a lot. I think something similar would be fun.

Offline AccursedGull

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • If you are losing the battle, just win. ~Sun Tzu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gull ; Broly
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2019, 01:18:26 pm »
what about 2vs2 randomized? Players change partner every match
We already had that not too long ago and it's something that takes a good bit of effort to host (especially if you want to do it in one day and not multiple).

it doesn't take that much effort. the main problem last time was just the amount of people volunteering to ref matches. With more refs it would have gone way faster
but i think the people which participated there still enjoyed it (i hope so)

"Only when a mosquito lands on your balls will you learn to rather use precision than strength"

Offline Dren

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2019, 02:47:33 pm »
Was speaking about the most kills win thingy with python and we thought it could be fun in some kind of a league format with a time limit instead of a rounds limit, like you play the match with a 15 minutes timer on and go for as many rounds as you can during that time. Adding the results to a scoreboard with the total kills of the teams during all their matches and determine the winner after they all played each other.
I think the timer thingy could really reward aggressiveness since the more rounds u can manage to play during the timer the more kills you'll be able to get.
Would still be probably a pain in the ass to do the counting and everything tho.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2019, 04:26:29 pm »
Was speaking about the most kills win thingy with python and we thought it could be fun in some kind of a league format with a time limit instead of a rounds limit, like you play the match with a 15 minutes timer on and go for as many rounds as you can during that time. Adding the results to a scoreboard with the total kills of the teams during all their matches and determine the winner after they all played each other.
I think the timer thingy could really reward aggressiveness since the more rounds u can manage to play during the timer the more kills you'll be able to get.
Would still be probably a pain in the ass to do the counting and everything tho.
The problem is that you'd need something to stop teams from delaying the start of rounds. Otherwise they could just not say r until the timer runs down. Yet, its kinda difficult to force a team to play from spawn contstantly.
 You could make it so that the timer only runs during the rounds itself. Yet you would run into a similar problem where the team that is ahead could just start delaying the rounds itself and play passive as fuck to play as few rounds as possible.

Offline Dren

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2019, 05:15:45 pm »
The problem is that you'd need something to stop teams from delaying the start of rounds. Otherwise they could just not say r until the timer runs down. Yet, its kinda difficult to force a team to play from spawn contstantly.
 You could make it so that the timer only runs during the rounds itself. Yet you would run into a similar problem where the team that is ahead could just start delaying the rounds itself and play passive as fuck to play as few rounds as possible.
Yh only running the timer during round time would probably be the best way to go. But a team delaying during rounds could simply not win the tournament, since it's the total kills of all matches that would determine the winner and the more rounds you play the more kills you can potentially get during the time of the match. So yh a team that delay can only get so many kills during a single match.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2019, 06:00:50 pm »
Yh only running the timer during round time would probably be the best way to go. But a team delaying during rounds could simply not win the tournament, since it's the total kills of all matches that would determine the winner and the more rounds you play the more kills you can potentially get during the time of the match. So yh a team that delay can only get so many kills during a single match.
Think of a scenario where two close teams are fighting. Lets say were 10 mins into a 15 min match. One team gets a good round, they are now ahead by 8 kills in a 7v7. They would then obviously not take the risk of dying a lot next round. And would try to play only this round. So they delay a round for 5 minutes if possible.

People wouldnt try to get as many kills as possible in this. They'd try to get ahead by a bit and then make the rest of the round last as long as they can to run the timer down.
I'm not trying to rain on your parade here. I'm just saying that the format would likely not have the effect you're looking for.

Offline Dren

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2019, 06:39:05 pm »
Think of a scenario where two close teams are fighting. Lets say were 10 mins into a 15 min match. One team gets a good round, they are now ahead by 8 kills in a 7v7. They would then obviously not take the risk of dying a lot next round. And would try to play only this round. So they delay a round for 5 minutes if possible.

People wouldnt try to get as many kills as possible in this. They'd try to get ahead by a bit and then make the rest of the round last as long as they can to run the timer down.
I'm not trying to rain on your parade here. I'm just saying that the format would likely not have the effect you're looking for.
Well that could only be the case for the last match in theory, cus if you delay one of your matches when not all of them have been player there is still a chance for one of the other teams to kill more ppl that you in one of the remaining matches, so in order to maximise your chance of victory you need to try and get as much kill as possible until the very last match you play in.
Dw i don't believe it's a perfect idea or anything it's just a thought ^^.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2019, 10:42:23 pm »

Well that could only be the case for the last match in theory, cus if you delay one of your matches when not all of them have been player there is still a chance for one of the other teams to kill more ppl that you in one of the remaining matches, so in order to maximise your chance of victory you need to try and get as much kill as possible until the very last match you play in.
Dw i don't believe it's a perfect idea or anything it's just a thought ^^.
I thought you meant that the most kills would mean you win that match, and that was it. But you mean that most kills in the whole tournament wins the tournament?

Offline Dren

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2019, 11:13:27 pm »
Yh it was probably a bit confusing in the first post my bad, the total kill would be for every matches you play yes.