Author Topic: Event Ideas  (Read 51887 times)

Offline Sir Obelix

• First Lieutenant
  • Banned!
  • attaquant au FC Oven
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Event Ideas
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 12:16:08 am »
what about a tournament 5v5 with 1 sword 1 cavalry 1 medic and 1 shipcrew marine and 1 king?
Obelix geldi yala sonda zülfikar bunu kaç kere kovmuştu trollüyor tk atıyor diye ama iyi oynuyo ondan geldi demek.

Offline Snowwi

• :]
  • General
  • Nr13 Reservist
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Klay Thompson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2019, 08:22:06 am »
I personally like the idea of having more tournaments where there are bayonets & swords as the last 5v5 bayo/sword was really fun to me. So having a 7v7 with 5 bayonets and 2 swords could be interesting imo. :]
"Unable to perceive the shape of You...
I find you all around me.
Your presence fills my eyes with Your love...
It humbles my heart...
For You are everywhere."

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2019, 09:41:17 am »
Poll added.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2019, 03:07:14 pm »
Don't think "most kills wins" will make people play more aggressive. They might play more aggressive if the round is already lost to try and get a kill or two. But the majority of the round will just be the same. And the result will still be the same, as whoever gets the most kills also wins the round. Thus the same team would most likely win and it would NOT make for a more aggressive playstyle. It might even make people play a lot more safe, as dying means the enemy team gets a point.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2019, 03:52:09 pm »
That wasn't my intention of the event to make people play more 'aggressive' personally. I simply think it'd be an interesting idea to try and see if things really do work out the same or not.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
Re: New Host/Co-Host
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2019, 04:01:41 pm »
Spoiler
2. A 5v5 or 7v7 tournament where who wins is based on kills as opposed to rounds won. Essentially this would be the same as any other groupfighting tournament where there would be say 10 rounds, at the end of the 10 rounds the team with the most kills wins, not the most rounds but the most kills against the opposing teams.

This one could be interesting and reward aggressive team !
The only issue is it'd be harder for refs to keep track.
Oh yh didn't think of that, it also means u can't do more that 2 matches at the same time i guess
You can, the ref would just have to pay close attention to how many people are left at the end of each round at keep track. E.g. round 1. Animals got 4 kills and TBE 5, round 2 TBE got 5 and Animals 3, etc.
[close]

Or you could just use scripts.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New Host/Co-Host
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2019, 04:43:40 pm »
Spoiler
2. A 5v5 or 7v7 tournament where who wins is based on kills as opposed to rounds won. Essentially this would be the same as any other groupfighting tournament where there would be say 10 rounds, at the end of the 10 rounds the team with the most kills wins, not the most rounds but the most kills against the opposing teams.

This one could be interesting and reward aggressive team !
The only issue is it'd be harder for refs to keep track.
Oh yh didn't think of that, it also means u can't do more that 2 matches at the same time i guess
You can, the ref would just have to pay close attention to how many people are left at the end of each round at keep track. E.g. round 1. Animals got 4 kills and TBE 5, round 2 TBE got 5 and Animals 3, etc.
[close]

Or you could just use scripts.
Yeah that'd require me finding a scripter willing to do such a thing. Also not entirely sure how that would work since we'd need it to keep track of the kills only within the arena and per team and this would need to reset between each match.

Offline Tigere

• Major
  • Führer of best team de GF, Cazadores! RIP
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TigNig
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2019, 05:06:50 pm »
Swords only  8) Might bring the inf and cav communities a bit closer

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2019, 05:12:17 pm »

THIS IS A VERY GOOD IDEA
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2019, 08:21:14 pm »
Been there and won that.  ::)

I don't want to do that because all that would happen is people would get a native team together. I want to host tournaments for the NW community, not the native one.

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2019, 08:46:35 pm »
wouldn‘t be a big deal to sort out all native players

and by 'native players' I‘d categorise all players who have native as their main module (which is easy to find out by just looking at the different amount of hours spent in each module)

/// also not sure if cav/inf would still be a thing

whatever going back online in 3 weeks, see ya
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Witcher!

• Major
  • UA FOREVER. MARXEIL PIDOR SUKA
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Witcher
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2019, 11:02:25 pm »
what about 2vs2 randomized? Players change partner every match
Glory to Ukraine

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2019, 11:17:06 pm »
We already had that not too long ago and it's something that takes a good bit of effort to host (especially if you want to do it in one day and not multiple).

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2019, 11:30:57 pm »
Been there and won that.  ::)

I don't want to do that because all that would happen is people would get a native team together. I want to host tournaments for the NW community, not the native one.

You could limit native players to 1 or 2 per team!
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2019, 11:58:13 pm »
Sword only ? No thank you won't be attending to be rekt by gibby etc