Author Topic: Groupfighting Tournament - XIV - Dawn of Sword  (Read 7276 times)

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Kpl_TheNorseman
  • Side: Union
Re: Groupfighting Tournament - XIV - Dawn of Sword
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 04:48:43 pm »
Anyone can host it? and most people who join these tournaments are already members of regiments or people who do not seek to join a regiment but to have fun, so dont see how they can get a large amount of recruits. Most people who do not have regiments will probably not even be aware of this tournament. :P
The Norseman is my name in my name.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 09:45:22 pm »
Got my team set up  :D

Offline Melton

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 10:47:11 pm »
Anyone can host it? and most people who join these tournaments are already members of regiments or people who do not seek to join a regiment but to have fun, so dont see how they can get a large amount of recruits. Most people who do not have regiments will probably not even be aware of this tournament. :P
Excuse me. But what the hell are you talking about?

Offline Neon

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2013, 11:08:15 pm »
Well I hope this goes well.

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Kpl_TheNorseman
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2013, 01:05:02 am »
Excuse me. But what the hell are you talking about?

Relax. I assumed since you said they used this to promote their regiment I thought you meant it as a way to gain new members to the 91st. I was only stating the fact that they have not claimed the right to host the tournament. Anyone could do it, but it is more likely more people would join this one, that is all. Do not have to be so agressive. :P
The Norseman is my name in my name.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Offline Bashy

• Colonel
  • Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2013, 01:13:33 am »
If this is hosted on Groupfighting Server, will those which are banned be able to participate?

People who are banned are able to take part in the tournament and you have been unbanned.
"time flys like anything these days when old friends start to become faint memories in back of our heads" - Hairywarhero

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2013, 01:12:39 pm »
I'm the owner of all Groupfighting logos and imagery. 91st also owns the Groupfighting Server, pretty much being a patron of the Groupfighting brand. Therefore the 91st can host this tournament de-jure. We do not forget Hekko though and give him full credit for what he has done in Groupfighting and in tournaments for the community.  For reasons mentioned we felt to be the ones to succeed him in hosting this tournament after he decided to leave the community amid the recent actions of FSE.

UPDATED SUMMARY:

Short Summary: This is a 5vs5 tournament, with team size of max 8 (3 subs are recommended). 1 Officer and 4 Rankers (1 sword and 4 bayonets) is to be the team format.

The tournament will be held on Wednesday, 13th of March at 7PM GMT. Server details will be provided on the day. Be there!

TEAMS UPDATE:

CLICK HERE for more information.

Team Name: Team Argyll
Team Captain: Alexander Munro (Ragni)
Team Members: Alexander Munro (Ragni), David Stewart (JackieChan), Evan Fraser (Evanović), John Thomson (NeedSomeMore), Alistair MacKintosh (Macbeth), Mark Dawson (Mark), Edward Kennedy (Eddie), Fixjo

Team Name: Les Clews
Team Captain: ExTa  Click Here
Team Members: ExTa, Mc_Cain, NyLiaa, Alban, Xuu, NoLiMiT, MacGuiness, Nostrack

Team Name: Magni Eri
Team Captain: MrSt3fan
Team Members: MrSt3fan, Metalsie, VanHulstein, TheLedge, Draken

Team Name: The Forbidden Order
Team Captain: RebelliouS
Vice Captain : Rikimaru
Team Members: Fortune , Rikimaru , Clash , Lubukill , JHS , Xeon , Phreak , RebelliouS

Team Name: PowerRangers
Team Captain: Vampyr
Team Members: Alan McNeil, Robby, Gokiller, Flammeus, Falke, Vampyr, Nico

Team Name: Breaknice
Team Captain: Warder
Team Members: Warder, Garond, Damian14,Vister, Makos, Łysy890, Gvozdziu, Tybaldus

Team Name: Hell's Badgers / Les Blaireaux de l'Enfer
Team Captain: Gunther Arthur (Sinjide)
Team Members: Lavoignet Mathieu (Tardet), Leconte Antoine (Arthur), Hauffman Valentin (Val), Laroque Paul (Dovahkiin), Laurin Justin (Privatek), De Vallois Pierre (BreizH), Emery Thomas (Srellian), Gunther Arthur (Sinjide)

eam Name: 94th Scots Brigade
Team Captain: USE4life/[91st] USE4life
Team Members: USE4life, Potterr, Magner, Vanleeuwen, Lucas

Team Name: Grove Street
Team Captain: CJ (Will) steam: markalus70
Team Members: CJ (Will), Big Smoke (Harasim), OG Loc (Pchela), Sweet (Adiq), Ryder (Shivaki), Madd Dogg (Dominatro), Ceasar Vialpando (Szymek), Frank Tenpenny (Wodzu)

Team Name: Moosefuckers
Team Captain: Daniel
Team Members: Daniel, Svensson, Hobbit, Blade, Regulus, Kleist

Some great teams already, but we need more! We want at least 16 at this tournament. So get your teams together and sign up! 10 days to go.  8)

Evan
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:57:45 pm by Evanovic »
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline Melton

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2013, 04:51:43 pm »
I'm the owner of all Groupfighting logos and imagery. 91st also owns the Groupfighting Server, pretty much being a patron of the Groupfighting brand. Therefore the 91st can host this tournament de-jure. We do not forget Hekko though and give him full credit for what he has done in Groupfighting and in tournaments for the community.  For reasons mentioned we felt to be the ones to succeed him in hosting this tournament after he decided to leave the community amid the recent actions of FSE.
I can't think of anything besides promoting the regiment being the reason for watermarking an event that used to be there for public service. I've never said that no one has been allowed to do that, but it has never been necessary doing so. Therefore I find it sad and stupid.

Offline Akame

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Akame
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2013, 05:38:15 pm »
I sadly have to inform you that the 92nd won't be bringing a team for the tournament, due to lack of motivation.

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2013, 06:11:50 pm »
I sadly have to inform you that the 92nd won't be bringing a team for the tournament, due to lack of motivation.

That's a shame, maybe you'll find your way into another team though?  :D
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline Weedler

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8Lr_Sdt_Weedler
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 06:10:44 pm »
Why is this thread hidden in the depths of the forum?!

so i'm gonna miss even another gf tournament :(

or does any team need a last minute stand in?

JackieChan

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 10:37:29 pm »
Did anyone record some of the fights? Would be a shame not to have footage of some of them. Especially that incredible final. Closest and best one I have seen so far.

Offline ClaSh

• French Pioneer
  • Colonel
  • Opinionated but I'm always spitting straight facts
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Nr.24] hachiman
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2013, 11:15:58 pm »
Did anyone record some of the fights? Would be a shame not to have footage of some of them. Especially that incredible final. Closest and best one I have seen so far.
I hope too

Offline Weedler

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8Lr_Sdt_Weedler
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2013, 08:46:16 am »
Heinz said he recorded it, i believe from quarter finals to final.

oh man ClaSh never seen you play Officer class before :o the guys were right: next time you should start as your own team or be only allowed fists,
you know just for fairness  ;)

PS: thank you 3rdSFG_Gdm_James again for letting me take your place, allthough we didnt make it far, i owe you some
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 08:49:39 am by Weedler »

JackieChan

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2013, 10:32:34 am »
Congrats TFO, you were the better team. ClaSh's 4v1 was very nice. Eventhough we all failed to block. :P

Weedler, tell Heinz to post the link the the vid here and on TW as soon as he uploaded it. ;)