Author Topic: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)  (Read 280393 times)

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)
« Reply #2970 on: May 13, 2019, 08:09:19 am »
Spoiler
Visually beautiful show but such piss poor choices by the writers. Kill Arya or have her be burned like the hound.

Wtf was that arc with the little girl? I see no point in it

Rip Captain Jack Sparrow. Didn’t even get to see the family infighting with the Greyjoy’s.

Surely if the wildfire did that damage to the sept, why is it not already blowing up all of king’s landing like a nuke?

The golden company looked like shitty spearman that have lightly upgraded armor.

You really going to tell me that Jon wouldn’t realize people would be raping and looting when you take a city. Maybe take some preemptive measures then instead of trying to stop the killing.. oh also, while I tell you all to stop killing, im going to kill people because I’m Jon Snow.

Also. Still no idea why the Night King was made the worst villain of all time. It haunts me
[close]
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2971 on: May 13, 2019, 09:17:03 am »
Spoiler
The point of this episode and the ark with the girl was obviously just a quick fire way of getting characters like Arya and now even John to question who they are following.

Arya didnt get to kill Cersei, but you better believe she'll kill a queen before the last episode finishes.

Fuck you GoT writers lul.
[close]
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Krastinov

• First Lieutenant
  • hi
    • View Profile
  • Nick: OatmealCan'tGroupfightSTINOV
« Reply #2972 on: May 13, 2019, 11:50:43 am »
Spoiler
Dany going mad and being a huge fucking child / incompetent ruler / tyrant was foreshadowed since the beginning. She always expected everything to be presented to her or she'd demand it with violence. She's constantly trying to convince herself that everything she does has a good reason. Just a complete psychopath and the only reason she even made it this far was purely because of her sane advisors.

Honestly, I'm surprised more people aren't angry at Greyworm. That dude is just as fucked up as Daenerys at this point. They all deserve to get fucking slaughtered and I sure as hope someone avenges my man Varys for his martyrdom.

Jon and Tyrion can be blamed just as much as well for being compliant in all of this. The only one who was actually sane and cared about a stable realm was Varys. From the beginning.
[close]

The Myth, The Legend

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #2973 on: May 13, 2019, 12:11:43 pm »
Spoiler
dissapointment
[close]

Offline fruitocino

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18e SgtMaj
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: May 13, 2019, 12:47:10 pm »
yeah. wasn't a fan of that one
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 01:32:48 pm by fruitocino »

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: May 13, 2019, 02:41:55 pm »
Spoiler
actually i was a 100% sure since the e4 that the blue eyes brown eyes and green eyes with arya wasnt about cersei for green eyes but dany
[close]
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #2976 on: May 13, 2019, 02:51:06 pm »
Spoiler
actually i was a 100% sure since the e4 that the blue eyes brown eyes and green eyes with arya wasnt about cersei for green eyes but dany
[close]
Spoiler
People are theorizing that the scene with Arya and the horse is a reference to the book of revelations, but I don't know if D&D are smart enough for that and it's just a coincidence. This is going to end bitterly no matter who kills Dany. If Jon does it he becomes an emotional mess and fucks off to God knows where. If Arya does it, then Jon still probably fucks off to somewhere else(either Essos or back to the wall, which sounds even worse).
[close]

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: May 13, 2019, 03:07:34 pm »
Spoiler
I want to throw up after watching Episode 5. Do D&D have a brain tumor? Are they this stupid? First a few ballista's snipe a dragon and now 2354327053207 ballista's can't hit one dragon who is really fucking close? JESUS FUCKING CHRIST like I am actually pissed off

Euron wounding (killing) Jaime for some dumb fucking reason? Dany just losing her shit after she has practically won? Gregor being unkillable? I actually found myself skipping through parts for the first time ever, I was hoping for a decent scene that badly

and wtf did they do with the Golden company? Were they out of fucking budget? THEY EVEN MADE THE CHARACTER SAY THAT THEY BROUGHT CAVALRY BUT THERE WERE NONE PRESENT? That aside, WHY FORM UP AN ARMY OUTSIDE OF THE WALL AGAIN? Could they not have hired a 12 year old Total War player to do the battle scenes? That would have only cost them €10,- and some chocolate

Lannisters are also meant to be the best trained soldiers in the Seven Kingdoms. How did they get butchered so badly? Where are the formations? Where are the shields? Fighting in tight streets against well trained soldiers should be extremely difficult but this all just seemed a walk over?

How were there still so many Dothraki?

I can't even be bothered thinking about more bullshit

It  is almost impressive how inconsistent this show has become. I hope the ratings butcher it. Again, I hope D&D never find a job again after butchering this show that had so much potential

/End rant
[close]
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Norwegian13

« Reply #2978 on: May 13, 2019, 05:15:09 pm »
Spoiler
Hahaha, what the hell was that episode?! Wow...
[close]

yecgga

« Reply #2979 on: May 13, 2019, 06:27:54 pm »
It was a good episode imo, wasn't that bad

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: May 13, 2019, 06:34:37 pm »

Acting, cinematography and all of that was great, but I lost count when it comes to the amount of plotholes

First clip says more than 9000 posts could
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Norwegian13

« Reply #2981 on: May 13, 2019, 10:05:39 pm »

Yeah, it's entertaining for what its worth but the story is trash at this point.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: May 14, 2019, 01:03:19 am »
Spoiler
I thought this episode was pretty decent actually, but I still had some issues with it.

I found the whole Arya storyline pretty pointless. It just felt like filler to me.

Jon’s attempts to stop the slaughter felt kinda half arsed.

It’s still dumb that pretty much nobody is using a shield. For the lannister forces it felt like it was just so Greyworm could throw his spear unhindered and initiate the slaughter.

Also didn’t the Greyjoy fleet have a bunch of balistas? But now they only had one?

[close]
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 04:12:07 am by Furrnox »

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #2983 on: May 14, 2019, 08:13:47 am »
Spoiler
I thought this episode was pretty decent actually, but I still had some issues with it.

I found the whole Arya storyline pretty pointless. It just felt like filler to me.

Jon’s attempts to stop the slaughter felt kinda half arsed.

It’s still dumb that pretty much nobody is using a shield. For the lannister forces it felt like it was just so Greyworm could throw his spear unhindered and initiate the slaughter.

Also didn’t the Greyjoy fleet have a bunch of balistas? But now they only had one?

[close]

Spoiler

I found the whole Arya storyline pretty pointless. It just felt like filler to me. - yes

Jon’s attempts to stop the slaughter felt kinda half arsed. - what can you do tho when you have a bunch of dickless fags angry coz they killed their girl plus some savage northern soldiers

It’s still dumb that pretty much nobody is using a shield. For the lannister forces it felt like it was just so Greyworm could throw his spear unhindered and initiate the slaughter. - yes
Also didn’t the Greyjoy fleet have a bunch of balistas? But now they only had one? - pretty sure there were more in the scene but their accuracy dropped from 7000% to 2% apparently

[close]
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2984 on: May 14, 2019, 10:13:47 am »
Compared to the last few yeah but it's still been a bit stupid in places.

Spoiler
Such as the massive ballista nerfing, Jamie struggling to breathe after the fight with Euron and then being perfectly fine and able to get up to go find Cersei or how they put no ballista's other than on the outer walls and the fleet. I guess the Lannister soldiers never had shields as they didn't expect it to get that far.

I was confused about how there were so many Dothraki as well but apparently according to a few sources half of Daenerys army was hidden/still with the fleet during the battle with the Nightking which if it was true would explain where they came from.
[close]
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.