Author Topic: Developer Blog 5 - Napoleonic Wars Upcoming Patch & IndieDB  (Read 128302 times)

Offline Biggun034

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Biggun
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Developer Blog 5 - Napoleonic Wars Upcoming Patch & IndieDB
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2012, 12:00:01 am »
Well is that ridiculous the whole point of having ships is for them to move is it not?
How can two standing still objects be fun?

That nearly made me vomit.

Good go vomit..... ???
The fact is that you don't have to brown nose the developers constantly, it gets you nowhere. I was stating my opinion on the matter, don't have anything constructive to say whats the point of saying anything.
There's a difference between brown-nosing and supporting the devs in their work, especially when they take time off their current project to do something for their long time fans. They're not your personal slaves, and are by no means obligated to give you anything more than what was in the initial release. Stop being such an ungrateful little whelp.

My personal take on it is that static ships will probably provide even better gameplay than moving ones. Who wants to stand around on the deck of a ship for 5 or 10 minutes, unable to do anything but take potshots (with musket and cannon alike), until they close with the enemy? Much better in my opinion, to condense naval combat to the close ranged broadsides and boarding actions that decided most ship to ship actions. This is where Warband's combat system can really shine.

hahaha nice insult are you 12?  ;D

I have my opinion you have yours deal with it, just because i'm not a narrow minded puppet like 90% off this community you call me a "ungrateful little whelp." I'm not brown nosing because i don't feel that NW was worth its money, There are better mods out there that cost nothing.
So in my mind there should be more patches to make up for the disappointment.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 12:01:38 am by Biggun034 »
Biggun
- Napoleonic Wars Official Pioneer - Napoleonic Wars Beta Follower - The Veiled Stars Supporter - Benelux Language Board Viewer -  Regimental Leaders Steamgroup Visitor - Not a donator -

Finds it funny how people show with their signature how jealous they are!  Some people...  Proudly the first person to get muted on the fourms, A true freedom fighter!

Offline Daniel

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Daniel
« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2012, 12:06:22 am »
Well to be fair the whole ships thing is not anything new, Spearington made a custom map a month or so back that created the exact same thing, only difference is this looks nicer, Oh and of course there are new classes.

Also related to whats being said, I have to agree, im not sure how NW is an indie game when it is a DLC for a published game and NW it self if published, not sure what mod dbs idea of an indie game is but here is googles Independent video game development is the process of creating video games without the financial support of a video game publisher.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 12:08:45 am by Daniel »

Offline LeBrun

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2012, 01:40:54 am »
Whooaaa this add is so great  !

Even if ship can't moove  it will permit to mappers  to creat real naval battle maps

So me and my sailors hope that the 32ème Bataillon de la Marine Imperiale [ ex- 1er RIMa]  could make  Naval Battle [with serious not like in public servers]

So like we say in France : Bonne Chance et Merci !

Offline Pancakes

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: PolarBear
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2012, 04:57:00 am »
Prepare for extreame mass TKs GF tkers.
[92nd] Andrew Gordon: I am Zzehth, Head Organizer of the NWL, Host of the 92nd Linebattle and NA tournaments
[92nd] Andrew Gordon: I do not troll.
[92nd] Andrew Gordon: But alright.

Honestly Zzehth Do you really think we give a fuck ?

Offline Rogov

• Second Lieutenant
  • Moose are cool.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19te_Hsr_Ofr_Rogov
« Reply #154 on: December 17, 2012, 05:25:13 am »
hahaha nice insult are you 12?  ;D
Likewise.
I have my opinion you have yours deal with it, just because i'm not a narrow minded puppet like 90% off this community you call me a "ungrateful little whelp." I'm not brown nosing because i don't feel that NW was worth its money, There are better mods out there that cost nothing.
So in my mind there should be more patches to make up for the disappointment.
But did I just not explain that the general reaction to this announcement is not brown-nosing, but support and encouragement. Sure, I'm disappointed that the ships can't move, but I understand the engine limitations, and it's clear the devs are still doing their best to produce something as enjoyable as possible.

And if you're still butthurt about having to pay for NW, and believe that it was not worth the money, why in the world are you complaining when they do give you new patches with new content? ???

Anyways, I've had enough with internet arguments for this weekend (I really wish that confounded gun control debate hadn't started in the off-topic section...), I just feel you should show a little more respect towards the people making this for you. Good day to you, ser.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 05:26:49 am by Rogov »

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 17, 2012, 06:18:44 am »
Oh Biggun, why would you then not just start playing one of these "better mods"? No one is holding you back I hope? And dam I may hope before you bought the game you first checked if it was worth the money like any other game you would consider buying?  ;)

The FSE didnt had to do any patches from the release off. And they still gave some great updates. And even now, while they are working on an even bigger project, they still launch a patch. Perhaps it's not that much new, but hey it's something, it looks great, and it's better then nothing right? Indeed, you should be rather a bit grateful. Instead of going in "argu's" with people who are rather grateful and who have all right to be so.

Offline Biggun034

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 17, 2012, 12:14:02 pm »
Oh Biggun, why would you then not just start playing one of these "better mods"? No one is holding you back I hope? And dam I may hope before you bought the game you first checked if it was worth the money like any other game you would consider buying?  ;)

The FSE didnt had to do any patches from the release off. And they still gave some great updates. And even now, while they are working on an even bigger project, they still launch a patch. Perhaps it's not that much new, but hey it's something, it looks great, and it's better then nothing right? Indeed, you should be rather a bit grateful. Instead of going in "argu's" with people who are rather grateful and who have all right to be so.

Well Gokiller as a matter of fact i'm pretty much done with NW I no longer play it in a regiment as for me this is no longer fun. NW is just a time passing game nothing i can play for more than 30 min.

Also how would I see if it was worth the money when there was no demo offered to people? As many reviews can be very biased towards the DLC...... 
Biggun
- Napoleonic Wars Official Pioneer - Napoleonic Wars Beta Follower - The Veiled Stars Supporter - Benelux Language Board Viewer -  Regimental Leaders Steamgroup Visitor - Not a donator -

Finds it funny how people show with their signature how jealous they are!  Some people...  Proudly the first person to get muted on the fourms, A true freedom fighter!

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde Impériale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
  • Side: Union
« Reply #157 on: December 17, 2012, 01:11:00 pm »
Have fun not being here then.

Kielbasa!

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 17, 2012, 02:17:25 pm »
He isn't into it, drop it now nerds.

I'm patiently checking this thread for more news on this update and I'm sick of reading the fanboyism and counter fanboyism on display.

Offline Megaberna

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Megaberna
« Reply #159 on: December 17, 2012, 03:21:32 pm »
Community Drama!

Even if they dont move i think it's a great oppurtunity to make some naval battles like boarding the enemy ship and fighting inside the ship and outside :)

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
« Reply #160 on: December 17, 2012, 03:37:41 pm »
Drrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
  • Nick: MaHuD
« Reply #161 on: December 17, 2012, 04:27:46 pm »
  • The SP was free.
  • You could have checked out several gameplay videos
  • You could have contacted a beta tester and ask him/her a few questions regarding the game
  • Anything you do is passing time, just because one activity doesn't interest you for a long time in a row doesn't mean it's worse than other things.
  • You could have waited until it was on sale. M&B series seems to be almost always on sale somewhere (Steam, Gamersgate, direct2drive etc.)

And yes Sir Audiate shouldn't have commented on your post at all, since he doesn't seem to be able to reply to it in a normal way.

However, you should be atleast somewhat interested in the discussion if you go ahead and create one. At this point it seems like you don't want to hear what anyone is saying, but you do want to get your opinion heard.

If I get you right, you think that your 10 euros (or 5 if you bought it during one of the many sales) that you spend on this game, is of more value than you got back from the game. And you would like to see the Devs bring further patches to hopefully make it more worth your while for you?

Well then, let me ask you...

How many hours did you play the game?
[18:51] <Evanovic> Mahud can I nominate you for best villian 2013?

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #162 on: December 17, 2012, 04:31:58 pm »
Well to be fair the whole ships thing is not anything new, Spearington made a custom map a month or so back that created the exact same thing, only difference is this looks nicer, Oh and of course there are new classes.

Also related to whats being said, I have to agree, im not sure how NW is an indie game when it is a DLC for a published game and NW it self if published, not sure what mod dbs idea of an indie game is but here is googles Independent video game development is the process of creating video games without the financial support of a video game publisher.

We did not get any financial help by any Publisher.

Offline Biggun034

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 17, 2012, 04:51:22 pm »

How many hours did you play the game?

Well I cannot tell you as the majority of my hours have been spent on other Mods.
Biggun

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
  • Nick: MaHuD
« Reply #164 on: December 17, 2012, 04:55:30 pm »
Don't dodge the question, make a geuss!
[18:51] <Evanovic> Mahud can I nominate you for best villian 2013?