Author Topic: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)  (Read 281079 times)

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
  • Side: Union
Re: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)
« Reply #2340 on: May 25, 2017, 01:21:44 am »
That extended arm out of a cell was interesting because it looked like someone had either some serious burns, dragonscale, or a plague victim. It's really the only part I can't put a finger on, and also, seems dumb to me that the Unsullied would use spears for close quarters combat, they've obviously not played a Total War game to know swords are better in close combat
Grey scale, pretty sure its Mormont

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #2341 on: May 25, 2017, 01:27:40 am »
I'm so upset they replaced Jon Connington with Joah Mormont. All these character merges make it seem like there's only a couple thousand people in Westeros, instead of millions. And rip Young Griff, pretty sure some season 2-3 dialogues mentioned him, so that's pretty e p i c.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2342 on: May 25, 2017, 01:29:02 am »
I rather have them skipping storylines than adding terrible ones in. (Martell storyline)

I mean, it could've worked with the Dornish masterplan, but it went wrong the moment those daughters of Oberyn showed up and spoke a word.
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #2343 on: May 25, 2017, 01:30:47 am »
It didn't really have the stoney look as before and it looked burn so I just called it dragonscale. Seemed right at the time, lol. Either way, I guess Jorah is pretty much near the end until he's magically saved because they don't kill liked characters
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #2344 on: May 25, 2017, 05:05:57 am »
In other news. Gendry is still rowing.

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thKGA for life
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2345 on: May 25, 2017, 05:45:05 am »
LOL

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: May 25, 2017, 06:05:39 am »
I rather have them skipping storylines than adding terrible ones in. (Martell storyline)

I mean, it could've worked with the Dornish masterplan, but it went wrong the moment those daughters of Oberyn showed up and spoke a word.

But what if... they took out some Arya scenes... and added the actual Dornish plotline. :o

Legends say he's still in Blackwater Bay, or maybe all the way in Asshai at this point.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #2347 on: May 25, 2017, 11:56:36 am »
It didn't really have the stoney look as before and it looked burn so I just called it dragonscale. Seemed right at the time, lol. Either way, I guess Jorah is pretty much near the end until he's magically saved because they don't kill liked characters
Pretty sure Jorah will take a part of Victarion's story line in the book and get the Moqorro treatment.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: May 25, 2017, 03:54:53 pm »

But what if... they took out some Arya scenes... and added the actual Dornish plotline. :o

Legends say he's still in Blackwater Bay, or maybe all the way in Asshai at this point.

Could've worked because Arya's storyline did indeed add nothing, however, the actors of the sandsnakes were so cringy that even more time and a better developped story would not have ''fixed'' it, I think
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #2349 on: May 25, 2017, 04:06:56 pm »
At least we had a great pair of tits. Shame about Alexander Siddig though, great actor, I'd have loved to see more of him than being murdered for no reason.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: May 25, 2017, 07:40:34 pm »
Rosabell Laurenti Sellers is definitely a cutie, but I would say the Dornish "cringe" was really bad, uninteresting writing, rather than bad acting. The lines were mostly delivered well, but were really awkward to deliver. For instance, the hand slapping scene in the jail cell added nothing, because the characters were so poorly flushed out afterwards (as in, hardly to not at all), and the "you need a bad pussy" line from Tyene to Bronn was just a terrible line, delivered weirdly because it was a weirdly written thing.

I guarantee that them having more screen time to flush out the Dornish plotline would have made it far better. They literally had to kill Prince Doran to avoid the entire Dornish plotline, and not adding Arianne and her story was a huge mistake, I think. Sending Quentyn and his pals to Meereen, sure, that would have been hard to squeeze in, but there were tons of pointless scenes of exclusively old characters that attempted to flush out their characters but added little to nothing more. HBO desperately wants to keep people invested, and they probably saw adding new characters and showing less of old favorites as a risk. But it worked for GRRM; I'm probably more excited for the next two books and the fourth Dunk & Egg book than I have been for any HBO Game of Thrones season ever.

Speaking of GRRM and HBO, who else heard about the 5 mini-series prequels coming out in the future? I'm really scared, but hoping, that Dunk & Egg is included, but I always hoped that would get its own movie or movie series. I'm guessing the series could be:

- Aegon's Life & Conquest
- The Dance of Dragons, unless GRRM said he wasn't doing this, which he might have
- Dunk & Egg
- Something related to the Blackfyres, if Dunk & Egg isn't enough
- Robert's Rebellion, though I'm pretty sure that's one of the subjects GRRM said wouldn't be done

I'm a bit excited for them because it's apparently going to have teams completely/mostly independent from the main series. I just really hope GRRM releases Winds of Winter soon, and that helping with these shows doesn't take up too much of his time. I need my book, and I need another bookmark for CK2 AGOT.

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: May 25, 2017, 09:02:56 pm »
think it is four rather than five. i think the blackfyre rebellions would make a good series, though i doubt that they would be able to cover all five of the rebellions; if that were to be the case i would prefer to see the first rebellion or the last, also known as the war of the ninepenny kings.

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thKGA for life
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2352 on: May 25, 2017, 09:17:02 pm »
Aegon's rise and conquest would be tremendously interesting in my opionion. I dont know how many of you have read this book:
Spoiler
[close]
But it goes into detail about the history of Westeros and the different eras and wars throughout it. There could be multiple series based off of the stories in this book and frankly, I would love every single one of them.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: May 25, 2017, 10:31:22 pm »
Minor spoilers all throughout, don't read if you don't know.

I've got it. It's too big to fit on my bookshelf so I have to squeeze it in there horizontally.

The stories that are in it don't really go into detail, though. The Dance of the Dragons is a huge story with a 30,000 word book out, and an 80,000 word book on its way that covers its entirety. It's a great worlds book because it fills in the gaps in the lore or helps explain names we don't really know much about from the main series, but as far as adaptable series from it, the only thing I might be interested to see is the Nymeria and the Rhoynar's travels, which probably won't be done.

It is a nice book for learning a little about the Valyrian Freehold, but I'm still hoping we get just a bit more direct info. For example, what exactly were the capabilities of mages and sorcerers during the Valyrian Freehold, and what kept their conquests so primarily locked in Essos? I've had some theories of my own, like the Citadel and Maesters pulling strings to keep a Valyrian invasion from happening, perhaps even Braavos had a hand in it in some way, since they, too, remained independent. But why did Sarnor, for instance, remain independent, and what were the Stepstones during that period? Why was Tyrosh the only known Valyrian outpost to control that crucial trade position? That's pretty specific, but there's a lot of huge concepts we know nothing for sure about, because currently no books go into that at all.

think it is four rather than five. i think the blackfyre rebellions would make a good series, though i doubt that they would be able to cover all five of the rebellions; if that were to be the case i would prefer to see the first rebellion or the last, also known as the war of the ninepenny kings.

Dunk & Egg covers the short lived Second Blackfyre Rebellion, and the third and fourth are pretty much a couple battles, some plot events like Bittersteel being captured and rescued and Duncan the Tall fighting in the fourth, but the fifth/Ninepenny Kings was certainly important, and interesting, but I think mostly as an event in the memories of many people in the main series, where Brynden Tully and Barristan Selmy became known. Still, if the Dunk & Egg series was made, and a Blackfyre Rebellion that ties into D&E was made, that could be cool.

Lead up to and the actual events of the First Blackfyre Rebellion, maybe starting with the Tourney of King's Landing, into the Dunk & Eggs series with the Second Rebellion, into the Third and Fourth and the considerable events within that time (like Duncan becoming Kingsguard), and finally ending with the War of the Ninepenny Kings, showing off Maelys Blackfyre and the reason why characters like Tully and Selmy are so significant. I think it would have been a great way to establish the Golden Company and Aegon Targaryen (the Mummer's Dragon) in the main series, but those ships have kinda already sailed. Literally. Danny is already invading.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 10:41:05 pm by Audiate »

Offline Amit_

• Captain
  • 22nd "Cheshire" Regiment
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
  • Nick: [22nd]Maj_Amit
« Reply #2354 on: May 25, 2017, 10:35:46 pm »
SNAPE KILLS DAENERYS
Who the fug am I? Read up here.