Author Topic: Classes- M&B classes or Custom?  (Read 25103 times)

Offline BlackFysh

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DeLaitre
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Classes- M&B classes or Custom?
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2013, 09:17:45 am »
I like McEwan's idea,  maybe make it kind of like Dawn of War, where you can customise what your unit looks like to a certain extent.  like choose insignias and trinkets and stuff that would be on the uniforms. 

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2013, 09:32:39 pm »
I say we make it so that there's a "Troop choice" so that you can choose regular line infantry, sharpshooters, artillery, dragoon and scout cav.

Then, there are multiple uniform choices for each, like say 11th NY Zouave Top or 28th Massachusetts Irish Brigade Forage Cap and you pick one for each slot (Or roll hat-less). Also there should be some alternate hats for the CSA, like civilian Caps, pants and shirts. There'd also be a slot for chevrons on your arm or shoulder insignia for your shoulder (Officer ranks).

Each class has a choice of two rifles and two revolvers, a sword for officers and NCOs, binoculars and ammo. Each class would also get one person with a repeating rifle (Unless it's cav, they all get repeaters/carbines (This goes along with my idea of cav being unable to shoot on horseback).

Also throw in some belt and glove choices, on certain maps if there's snow you can put on a great coat or if there's rain soldiers get capes. Also pack choices would be in the menu also, with different unit insignia on some packs and others are just blank standard packs (or like the hat, you can not have one at all).

This would give everyone the customization they want and individual regiments could customize the soldier's look to fit THEIR specific unit, not just have to choose one because it looks closes like theirs. (When I was in the 63e we always used the 84e becuase there was no 63e unit, nor was there an active skin).

And we also get to see zouaves wearing 20th Maine kepis :P
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline EgoisticPenny

• Corporal
  • I quite liked MM.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2013, 10:41:18 am »
I feel as if Azrooh's old Secession mod did an excellent job in this department.  If you'll recall, Secession did allow one to choose one's class, Infantryman, Colour Sergeant, Officer, etc., and also allowed for one to select the uniform from a variety (a bit more of an abstract selection for Southerners, which I also enjoyed thoroughly) of jackets that were unique to regiments, complete with rank insignia and all.  I believe that this system of selection fairly successful in both providing a bit of comic relief, and bolstering the realistic element of the mod.  Were something like this considered by the development, I would certainly give my vote that way.

Offline gmanburger

• Sergeant
  • 20% Skill. 80% Luck.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gman
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2013, 05:58:59 am »
If your saying you'd like it to be customized like native meaning we would have to pay for equipment and uniforms we want to keep the playing field even for everyone.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2013, 04:11:14 pm »
If your saying you'd like it to be customized like native meaning we would have to pay for equipment and uniforms we want to keep the playing field even for everyone.
Everything would be free