Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 530063 times)

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #1800 on: October 07, 2017, 10:10:47 pm »
More EU hypocrisy plainly visible re: the Catalonia Referendum.

Enforce your nation's immigration/border laws and the EU Commission freaks the fuck out about "human rights" and collective responsibility. Send in national police to beat up peaceful groups and storm voting locations and they boldly declare that such "proportionate force" is needed to uphold the rule of law (still waiting for an explanation as to how voting can be illegal in a so called democracy).
Why am I still here

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: October 07, 2017, 10:20:51 pm »
but people aren't being mown down by gunmen every other week.

Fun fact. Less than a thousand people have died in mass shootings in the US in the past 50 years. Islamic extremists have killed almost 500 people in Europe in the past 2 years (and wounded thousands more). But you keep telling us the second one is not a problem/major-concern and the first one you keep making sensational comments about ("mowed down by gunmen every other week"). hmmm....
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 10:22:56 pm by junedragon »
Why am I still here

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1802 on: October 07, 2017, 10:24:44 pm »
what a fun fact

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1803 on: October 07, 2017, 10:45:06 pm »
More EU hypocrisy plainly visible re: the Catalonia Referendum.

Enforce your nation's immigration/border laws and the EU Commission freaks the fuck out about "human rights" and collective responsibility. Send in national police to beat up peaceful groups and storm voting locations and they boldly declare that such "proportionate force" is needed to uphold the rule of law (still waiting for an explanation as to how voting can be illegal in a so called democracy).

Democracy is based on the rule of law. Democracy has rules, though this may come as a surprise to some people. Read this article, which shows why the Spanish government is entirely right in its action and the Catalan regional government are nothing but a bunch of hypocrite opportunists trying to ride the nationalism-wave.

https://medium.com/@tripu/referendum-e53331ddf841

Fun fact: "One more thing to consider: three years ago, the separatist Catalan government authorised police force to stop a popular “multireferendum” about a number of social issues in Catalonia, confiscating ballot boxes. Clearly, the Catalan leaders do not think that casting a ballot is always okay."

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: October 07, 2017, 11:11:20 pm »
Spoiler
Right so you don't have any actual evidence. A quick google search brings up results telling me that the majority of mass shooters obtained their firearms legally.

You're correct, I sadly do not have any documentation on the exact number of illicit firearms coming from Mexico into the United States. In case you didn't know, illegal firearms are not registered. And now it seems we've switched from the majority of gun criminals to mass shooters. Nice.

Poland and other ex-Communist Block countries are a haven for illegal weapons. Pretty much the entirety of Dutch organized crime is armed with AKs. So actually, yes, there are.

There's a clear-cut difference between old weapons being circulated like in formerly communist countries, and weapons being produced in addition to being circulated like in countries south of North America.

As for the Netherlands:

So as I thought, not nearly comparable to the scale amount of illicit firearms in the US.
[close]
Of course you don't have evidence, so what is the basis of your claim. My point is that the majority of shooter's firearms are bought legally in the USA. This was always a conversation about mass shooters as that is the entire reason for the calls for gun control in the USA. Have you not been reading the news since forever?

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: October 07, 2017, 11:21:32 pm »
Various things to keep in mind re: gun control.
1) Take away the guns and they'll find other ways to kill one another. In London someone is stabbed to death on average every 6 days. London police respond to stabbing incidents on average 5 times a day. Of course mass shootings are rare in the UK as a result of strict gun control, but it doesn't do much to reduce gang related violence which is where the bulk of the casualties are.
2) Gun control just isn't going to work in the USA, a country where there are already more guns than people. You can do various things to make the rules tighter but it's still going to be very easy for someone living there to get a gun.
3) I suspect this is more to do with the fairly poor way the US treats those with mental health issues. Americans have always had the right to bear arms yet mass shootings have only been a significant problem since the 1970s. The safest decade in modern American history was the 1950s when you had mass gun ownership, even laxer gun control laws than you have now, and an adult population with a higher degree of military experience than any previous generation.

Quite so. I'll take that as the conclusion to this debate.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #1806 on: October 07, 2017, 11:37:08 pm »
Spoiler
Right so you don't have any actual evidence. A quick google search brings up results telling me that the majority of mass shooters obtained their firearms legally.

You're correct, I sadly do not have any documentation on the exact number of illicit firearms coming from Mexico into the United States. In case you didn't know, illegal firearms are not registered. And now it seems we've switched from the majority of gun criminals to mass shooters. Nice.

Poland and other ex-Communist Block countries are a haven for illegal weapons. Pretty much the entirety of Dutch organized crime is armed with AKs. So actually, yes, there are.

There's a clear-cut difference between old weapons being circulated like in formerly communist countries, and weapons being produced in addition to being circulated like in countries south of North America.

As for the Netherlands:

So as I thought, not nearly comparable to the scale amount of illicit firearms in the US.
[close]
Of course you don't have evidence, so what is the basis of your claim. My point is that the majority of shooter's firearms are bought legally in the USA. This was always a conversation about mass shooters as that is the entire reason for the calls for gun control in the USA. Have you not been reading the news since forever?
In crime ridden cities, its the opposite.  That's what should be looked at more than the occasional mass shooter, considering how many people die in inner cities due to gun violence.  Take a look at this study: https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf
Majority of incarcerated felons charged with homicide with a gun involved got them illegally, either through social media or other connections.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: October 07, 2017, 11:59:57 pm »
So why is gun crime such a big issue in the US? Because of the gun culture. Nobody can deny that.

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
  • I don't want no pardon for anything I done
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
« Reply #1808 on: October 08, 2017, 12:36:03 am »
What an incredibly disingenuous manner in which to frame the debate. Of course a nation with more firearms is going to have more firearm related crime.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #1809 on: October 08, 2017, 12:38:29 am »
Of course a nation with more firearms is going to have more firearm related crime.

No, not neccesarily. Just look at Switserland.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: October 08, 2017, 12:44:56 am »
Not true at all boberton

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
  • I don't want no pardon for anything I done
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
« Reply #1811 on: October 08, 2017, 12:54:17 am »
So you're saying that access to firearms doesn't correlate with their use in crime?

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1812 on: October 08, 2017, 12:55:56 am »
I think it has more to do with American culture. There was one particular Michael Moore documentary I had watched in class I  liked calling Bowling for Colombine. It talks a lot about the nature of American news and how it pushes violence and race as identifying factors while in Canada everyone is fine and leaves their doors unlocked and every adult male in Switzerland owns a gun. It's not the guns, it's the people.

For these reasons I want us to reintroduce slavery or just send the blacks back. Literally 90% of America's problems would go away 
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #1813 on: October 08, 2017, 01:02:28 am »
Not everyone is "fine in Canada"
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 01:07:29 am by Theodin »

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: October 08, 2017, 01:06:45 am »
So you're saying that access to firearms doesn't correlate with their use in crime?
Not every country is the same. Clearly there is something different in America which makes its society a lot more dangerous in regards to firearms. I don't know what that is though.