Author Topic: Gaming PC Builds  (Read 76742 times)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Gaming PC Builds
« Reply #405 on: March 19, 2019, 05:05:38 pm »
Trust me i am all for a used card and planned to get one until these new price changes. I just really like new stuff. And the 1070's still seem to be about $250+ unless i want to try and win a bid war. But ide rather just buy it instantly. And if i was going to go closer to $250-300 ide probably just get the 1660 ti since its a tad better then a stock 1070. But again once you're at $300 you might aswell go for a 2060 or something. But idk.

I am leaning towards a 590 since it seems the price will stay low so i dont have to rush and buy it on sale. But then again an overclocked 1660 is basically a 1660 ti but only 6gb of vram. Decisions decisions... And i will keep my eye on the used market for a card of course.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 19, 2019, 09:33:20 pm »
The sapphire rx590's are now sold out. I should of bought one when i had the chance, rip. Looks like ill probably end up with a 1660 or say yolo and pay extra for the 1660 ti. Unless sapphire restocks the 590's soon and keeps them priced at $220.

However i could just save myself a good bit of money and settle for a used rx580 for like $165. Im not really sure what the best choice would be. :-\
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 09:49:45 pm by Marceaux »

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #407 on: March 21, 2019, 02:26:45 am »
To buy used stuff just look at auctions that are ending soon, if there's something you like wait until 1 min before it ends and put a price $10 higher. Honestly it's WAY cheaper than trying to instant buy on eBay.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 21, 2019, 02:35:37 am »
To buy used stuff just look at auctions that are ending soon, if there's something you like wait until 1 min before it ends and put a price $10 higher. Honestly it's WAY cheaper than trying to instant buy on eBay.

About to try and snag this card then. Hopefully i win it!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SAPPHIRE-NITRO-Radeon-RX-580-8GB-Special-Edition-Excellent-Condition-/392258872200?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 07:49:50 am by Marceaux »

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 21, 2019, 03:38:26 am »

About to try and snag this card then. Hopefully i win it!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SAPPHIRE-NITRO-Radeon-RX-580-8GB-Special-Edition-Excellent-Condition/392258872200?hash=item5b54736388:g:4aEAAOSw8~hcS-vy&autorefresh=true

Thanks a ton for the advice tiki. Although i had to bid at literally the last second to win it i got it!!! Total with shipping was $150. Such a good deal!!!!!

Here is my finished build.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/c4ms3b

Only thing i plan to do in the future is add a 1tb+ ssd for more storage. And i 100% plan to upgrade to Ryzen 3000 series R7 or R9 when they come out here soon hopefully.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 07:37:40 am by Marceaux »

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 25, 2019, 03:41:44 am »
Its complete! Got the gpu installed with no probs and damn this thing is powerful! ;D

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #411 on: May 01, 2019, 02:10:13 am »
Its complete! Got the gpu installed with no probs and damn this thing is powerful! ;D

Spoiler
[close]

Is this everything on your pc part picker list? How's the performance for that price range? Also ya don't have a cpu cooler/heatsink or what?

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 01, 2019, 06:36:53 am »

Spoiler
[close]

Is this everything on your pc part picker list? How's the performance for that price range? Also ya don't have a cpu cooler/heatsink or what?

This is the completed build list: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/HpkdnQ but yeah i am pretty sure everything in that video was in the list. The CPU comes with a Wraith Stealth cooler which is what i am using (its really good).

As far as performance i think its amazing, i can run anything on high-ultra at 1080p 60+ fps and can run most stuff at 1440p 60+ fps. However i would like a cpu with hyper threading and more cores for some more intensive editing and some really cpu heavy games. But the 2200G is really impressive for the price. However i plan to upgrade my cpu to a Ryzen 3000 series chip once they come out here soon. This system also handles streaming just fine although a better cpu would give even better results.

You looking to get a new system?

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #413 on: May 01, 2019, 10:27:59 pm »
I need a laptop for college (I'll be on campus most of the day now so a desktop won't be too accessible).

Anyone have a suggestion that's <$700?
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #414 on: May 02, 2019, 01:42:43 am »

Spoiler
[close]

This is the completed build list: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/HpkdnQ but yeah i am pretty sure everything in that video was in the list. The CPU comes with a Wraith Stealth cooler which is what i am using (its really good).

As far as performance i think its amazing, i can run anything on high-ultra at 1080p 60+ fps and can run most stuff at 1440p 60+ fps. However i would like a cpu with hyper threading and more cores for some more intensive editing and some really cpu heavy games. But the 2200G is really impressive for the price. However i plan to upgrade my cpu to a Ryzen 3000 series chip once they come out here soon. This system also handles streaming just fine although a better cpu would give even better results.

Yeah I need a new computer, I've been using laptops for the last 5-6 years of my life and it's about time I switch to a proper desktop. Though don't have a lot of money to invest in it and need a new one so that's why I was interested in your budget setup there. That's quite a nice setup for that price range which is basically what I was going for too. But yeah I might go with something like this build or very similar to it. Thanks for the answers!

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 02, 2019, 02:57:36 am »

Spoiler
[close]

Yeah I need a new computer, I've been using laptops for the last 5-6 years of my life and it's about time I switch to a proper desktop. Though don't have a lot of money to invest in it and need a new one so that's why I was interested in your budget setup there. That's quite a nice setup for that price range which is basically what I was going for too. But yeah I might go with something like this build or very similar to it. Thanks for the answers!

For sure man i know the struggle i was in the exact same boat until i built this pc and its dreamy.

Steam me whenever and i got you with whatever you need.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 03:01:29 am by Marceaux »

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 27, 2019, 07:32:33 pm »
Oh baby!!! Coming out July 7th, i cannot fucking wait!!! Probably going with the R7 3700X.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #417 on: June 20, 2019, 08:09:29 am »
OK AMD FANBOY XDDDDDDDDDDD
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 20, 2019, 06:40:22 pm »
OK AMD FANBOY XDDDDDDDDDDD

Ryzen 3000 CPU's are killing Intel right now. Intel is going to have to start trying again if they want to keep up.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #419 on: June 20, 2019, 06:48:34 pm »
Someone buy me a 2080.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]