Author Topic: College Football Thread  (Read 60279 times)

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: College Football Thread
« Reply #360 on: November 05, 2019, 12:42:21 am »
I hope Jake Fromm becomes an NFL god and joins A Rod and P Mahomie in State Farm commercials

He will literally be Jake Fromm State Farm

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #361 on: November 05, 2019, 01:52:48 am »
Jake Fromm went from a solid possibly early first round guy to late first maybe second round guy. Disappointing so far.

Jacob Eason has replaced him as my third best QB for the draft rn. It all comes full circle lmao.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #362 on: November 05, 2019, 02:34:51 am »
Jake Fromm went from a solid possibly early first round guy to late first maybe second round guy. Disappointing so far.

Jacob Eason has replaced him as my third best QB for the draft rn. It all comes full circle lmao.
Eason is not the 3rd best QB in the draft if the Huskies are 5-4. Burrow, Tua, Hurts, and Herbert are all better then him.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 05, 2019, 03:18:53 am »

Eason is not the 3rd best QB in the draft if the Huskies are 5-4. Burrow, Tua, Hurts, and Herbert are all better then him.

Eason has better size and arm strength than Joe Burrow. I think he is more of a developmental type of guy but I feel he will be valued higher than Burrow. Eason's ability to throw the deep ball I think edges out Burrow for sure.

Hurts is rising up draft boards rn. Dude is legit and Lamar Jackson is proving that a running quarterback can succeed in the NFL. I want Hurts to go #1 overall cause I love the guy, but as a pro prospect he is not at Eason's level yet. Things will change down the road near the combine and pro days. If Hurts can run a 4.5 or lower he is a for sure first or second rounder IMO. He has improved a ton as a passer. That offense and going from SEC defenses to Big 12 defenses also helps a lot.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #364 on: November 08, 2019, 06:28:43 pm »
everyone knows chase young is gonna win the heisman

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Osama Bin Ballin

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 09, 2019, 03:54:35 pm »
yea, i heard about that ^^

and lets be real, defensive players have almost no chance at winning a heisman.  It feels like anymore it is just who is the better QB on one of the best teams.  It is a shame, because there are a lot of players who deserved it.  Mccaffery a few years ago at stanford springs to mind.  I would also say winning has too large of an impact in it as well.

should be a good day of football.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #368 on: November 10, 2019, 01:33:19 am »
LSU #1 Baby Geaux Tigers

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #369 on: November 10, 2019, 03:06:21 am »
Minnesota Gophers beat Penn State hmm

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 10, 2019, 10:45:24 am »
LSU deserves to be #1. 

Minn dominated most of the game vs Penn state.  The ending was a little shaky though.   At Iowa should be a good game.  Wis needs Iowa to beat them, and then Wis needs to beat them a week later.  Big 10 east champ is hoping Minn goes undefeated. 

Iowa took too long to get going offensively.   Couldnt punch in a fumble on Wis 15 or so yard line.  Silly fumble from freshmen center to QB killed a different promising drive.  That collision on the goal line was something to see when going for 2 points.   Still, i doubt the defense would of stopped wis from going down the field and trying a field goal.  That 75 yard TD pass while good for points, wasn't good for eating some clock.  Ideally they would of drove  down the field getting a TD, if they made the 2 point conversion, gone to OT.  I wasn't too impressed with taylor when it comes to heimans considerations. 

Baylor wins yet another close game.

ISU vs OK was an interesting game.  ISU had at least 2 chances in the first quarter alone to intercept for a touchdown.   You have to take those opportunities when they come.  They came back and went for the 2 point conversion  with 20? seconds left.  Sadly they didn't make it.  Considering what ISU has been for the last 15 or so  years in the big 12, they are a team to respect now.  No longer a team that is almost a guaranteed win.   Similar to Iowa this year, what could of been is painful.  They were close in all 4 of their loses.  The difference between an ok/good season and a great one is winning those. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 10, 2019, 12:02:41 pm »
LSU deserves to be #1. 

Minn dominated most of the game vs Penn state.  The ending was a little shaky though.   At Iowa should be a good game.  Wis needs Iowa to beat them, and then Wis needs to beat them a week later.  Big 10 east champ is hoping Minn goes undefeated. 

Iowa took too long to get going offensively.   Couldnt punch in a fumble on Wis 15 or so yard line.  Silly fumble from freshmen center to QB killed a different promising drive.  That collision on the goal line was something to see when going for 2 points.   Still, i doubt the defense would of stopped wis from going down the field and trying a field goal.  That 75 yard TD pass while good for points, wasn't good for eating some clock.  Ideally they would of drove  down the field getting a TD, if they made the 2 point conversion, gone to OT.  I wasn't too impressed with taylor when it comes to heimans considerations. 

Baylor wins yet another close game.

ISU vs OK was an interesting game.  ISU had at least 2 chances in the first quarter alone to intercept for a touchdown.   You have to take those opportunities when they come.  They came back and went for the 2 point conversion  with 20? seconds left.  Sadly they didn't make it.  Considering what ISU has been for the last 15 or so  years in the big 12, they are a team to respect now.  No longer a team that is almost a guaranteed win.   Similar to Iowa this year, what could of been is painful.  They were close in all 4 of their loses.  The difference between an ok/good season and a great one is winning those.

rip Penn State tbh

Iowa and Wis looked good. Didn't see it but looks like they had similar problems before as you describe it. then again, Wis has a really good defense (except for the OSU game lol)

ISU game was crazy. That 4th quarter come back. I know it was at Norman, OK but I would go for OT maybe. idk, tough call.

LSU, Bama was great game. Bama almost came back. Honestly, the MVP was Edwards-Helaire. That guy got them critical 1st downs, in the 2nd half, by carrying defenders, spinning/juking, and just pushing for every yard. You don't see it often but that guy is incredibly tough and a power house.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 12:09:05 pm by Risk_ »

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 10, 2019, 07:17:12 pm »
Minnesota should jump clemson

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Osama Bin Ballin
« Reply #373 on: November 10, 2019, 09:17:39 pm »
Im officially rooting for LSU to win the natty. I never hated bama like some people but we just needed to see a new top dog. Joe Burrow is a machine. That guy went from a better than average SEC qb to a clear Heisman favorite over the course of a season.

Currently I think that LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, and maybe Oregon might be my guesses to go to the Playoff. As much as I despise Clemson, you cant leave them out if they win out just because the ACC is ass atm because they have no control over that. LSU and Ohio St I think are both going undefeated so theyd go. I think next you just have to decide over a Pac 12 champion or a Big 12 Champion. Still a lot of impactful cfb to go though so well see.

I wont bore you over explaining my feelings about S Carolina ill just leave you with this image that thoroughly embodies the current state of the season.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 11, 2019, 12:38:20 am »
I wont bore you over explaining my feelings about S Carolina ill just leave you with this image that thoroughly embodies the current state of the season.

People still sleeping on App State smh

Also rip my $20 on Jalen Hurts