Author Topic: College Football Thread  (Read 60973 times)

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: College Football Thread
« Reply #405 on: December 03, 2019, 02:09:01 am »
Welp that was a very deflating and utterly disappointing season for the cocks. If you had told me at the start of the season that we would win 4 games this year and one of them would be at #3 Georgia I probably would have smacked you in the mouth. Spent my last game in the student section watching the dam Clemsonites run all over us even though it was kinda expected, cant say I wasnt hoping for some miraculous upset in the back of my mind though. Guess theres still basketball season....

Elsewhere there was some good stuff, for instance Ole Miss getting a penalty for an excessive celebration on a game tying touchdown which pushed the extra point 15 yards back which was ultimately missed. And Alabama having 12 men on the field.  Nick Saban probably burst a blood vessel from screaming when they got to the locker room. Guess they had Tua many people on the field...

lmao

I do think it's pretty funny how they need Hurts right now. pretty unlucky

and as long as no more upsets happen I predict OSU, LSU, Clemson to be in the CFP. the 4th spot is a toss up probably between Utah or the big 12 champ (OK or Baylor, prob OK) imo. If Baylor wins they will probably let Georgia back in maybe? idk, if LSU loses SEC championship I bet they will still be in the playoffs and Georgia will guarantee their spot if that happens
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 02:13:57 am by Risk_ »

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #406 on: December 03, 2019, 03:11:40 am »
It would be cool to see 2 SEC teams again since it is the best conference but we all know LSU about to destroy Georgia by at least 20. They can't even score more then 30 against a good team. 4th spot will be interesting though.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 03, 2019, 03:52:48 am »
I think LSU or OSU could lose and stay in, as long as it is not  a blow out against them.   I think who gets #1 depends on what kind of win LSU or OSU has.  I hope LSU wins so we dont see 2 SEC teams.  I doubt clemson will lose, but if they do, they are out. 

I think OK has a better shot if they win to get in, but Utah is still there to mix things up.  Baylor dominated the first half of the OK game, but then fell apart.  If they can do that again and keep OK from coming back, i can see them getting in. 

I still think the playoffs should be at least 8 teams.  This whole leaving at least one conference out, not to mention making it harder for non conference or some of those non big 5 conference teams from ever getting in rubs me the wrong way as well.  It also makes it possible for lets say a hypothetical Penn state's only loss to a #1OSU in a close game, but because they are in the same div, they dont get to go to the title game for one last game/win.  The vast majority of time, penn state would not be in the top 4 and would not make it.   With 8 teams, teams like that would not be left out.   I would also rather argue about teams with 1-3 loses getting in or left out than teams with 0-1(maybe 2 if it is a crazy year) loses being left out. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #408 on: December 03, 2019, 04:00:43 am »
Joe Burrow wins the Heisman and the only guy that is close is Jalen Hurts tbh. He's put up monster numbers. Just faded off near the end of the year.

The other dudes that can even really get the invite are Chuba Hubbard, Justin Fields, Jonathan Taylor, and Chase Young.

Chase is a beast but that two game suspension eliminated him. At this point he's all hype. No way he should be ahead of Hurts or Fields tbh.
Justin Fields is good and doesn't turn it over but if you compare him to Hurts it's really no contest.
Chuba Hubbard on a bigger team is probably a household name.
Jonathan Taylor is a workhorse and has been on the verge of the Heisman conversation forever, just not having a good enough year.

Miami with a disgraceful season. Thank god it's over.

Bama disappointing loss. If they won the playoffs decision would have been interesting.

Playoffs should be similar to how the FCS does it. Would be more entertaining. Even just a 6 or 8 team playoffs would be better. Would love to see Utah and Oklahoma get a shot against a top 4 team.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 03, 2019, 03:59:23 pm »
Burrow should win for sure, but fields should be the second highest placing QB. 37/1 TD to INT ratio is absurd for anyone let alone playing in the big10 and being undefeated. Hurts has a major rushing advantage but big12 is... yikes

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 07, 2019, 07:13:50 am »
well I guess Utah won't be getting in. Oregon definitely proved something but I don't think they will get back into the CFP.

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
« Reply #411 on: December 07, 2019, 07:22:28 am »
Someone suggested the playoffs expand to 8 teams. The top 5 can be the champions of the Power 5 schools (ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12, and SEC) and the remaining 3 will be the wildcard teams. Teams like Utah or even UCF during their undefeated season would be a wildcard.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 07, 2019, 07:58:51 am »
Someone suggested the playoffs expand to 8 teams. The top 5 can be the champions of the Power 5 schools (ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12, and SEC) and the remaining 3 will be the wildcard teams. Teams like Utah or even UCF during their undefeated season would be a wildcard.

yeah it's a good idea. Utah is in the pac 12 tho

mainly the teams like UCF, Memphis, SMU, even Appalachian State this year (in terms of record). but the reason they aren't rated high is because of their conferences and schedule aren't the level of SEC, big 12, big 10, etc. And pretty sure they would get crushed by the top 10 if they played.

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
« Reply #413 on: December 07, 2019, 10:00:57 am »

yeah it's a good idea. Utah is in the pac 12 tho

mainly the teams like UCF, Memphis, SMU, even Appalachian State this year (in terms of record). but the reason they aren't rated high is because of their conferences and schedule aren't the level of SEC, big 12, big 10, etc. And pretty sure they would get crushed by the top 10 if they played.

With the layout that was suggested, Utah would maybe still have a chance to make a wildcard spot. I don't even know why they didn't have the conference champions locked in to the playoffs already. It makes sense. That's how the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB all work. Division champs make it in to the playoffs, as well as wildcards.

I think the wildcard system would have to be carefully approached by the CFP Committee. It's only three spots and when you're forced to pick teams like: OU, Baylor, Utah, Penn State, Memphis, Minnestoa, and et cetera, it is probably very fucking hard to pick from those six or so talented teams.

The way the CFP is set up is that it is SO important to go undefeated if you want the best shot at a top-4 ranking, and even then it isn't guaranteed you're gonna get a spot *cough* UCF *cough*. Yeah, since #1 seed would most likely play #8 seed, there would be some pretty lopsided games, but at least the 5-8 seeds would have an actual shot at doing something special.

Plus, it means more college football  ;)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #414 on: December 07, 2019, 11:37:23 pm »
Burrow should win for sure, but fields should be the second highest placing QB. 37/1 TD to INT ratio is absurd for anyone let alone playing in the big10 and being undefeated. Hurts has a major rushing advantage but big12 is... yikes

Haskins threw 50 TD's in that offense last year lmao. I won't deny him being great either cause he's had a ridiculous year and has tons of talent, but Hurts just had a better one stats wise. Unfortunately that loss to KState ended his Heisman campaign early. Big 12 hasn't stopped the last two Oklahoma QB's from winning the Heisman either tho.

Hurts had a comparable year to Kyler Murray and rushing wise was even better. Unfortunately it seems you need 40+ passing TD's to win the Heisman as a QB otherwise you have a way lower chance to win it. Burrow did it this year so he'll get it deservingly.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #415 on: December 08, 2019, 01:37:08 am »
LSU better be number 1 after this game. Ohio State is good but we beaten 4 top 15 teams which is better then anyone. Ohio state highest rank win will be against number 8 Wisconsin team. Also keep in mind when we beat Texas, Florida, Auburn & Bama they were all undefeated and all ranked in the Top 10 when we played them (Georgia had 1 loss). When Ohio State played the top 25 teams they beaten they already had losses.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 05:49:31 am by -Nick »

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 08, 2019, 02:28:39 am »
i dont think even if OSU blows out Wis, they will be #1.(OSU down 7 currently)   I want to see teams rewarded for having tough schedules more.  Granted you can't always help if the teams you played against are having a bad year

Georgia had several chances early to get out to a great start but they kept dropping the ball.  LSU looked really good.

OK didn't look too great imo, especially with all the turnovers that let baylor get back in the game.  Letting that baylor QB back in with that possibly concussion will spark some debate.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 08, 2019, 06:32:34 am »
My impression of the 2nd half was OSU came out  to play, and Wis didn't.  OSU looked unprepared in the first half.  It wasn't until the 2nd half that they recovered from that punch to the mouth.

I think LSU should be #1 because of the schedule and beat down but i would not be surprised if OSU retained it.  Clemson will be #3 imo, and i am guessing OK 4th. 

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 08, 2019, 07:40:33 am »
My impression of the 2nd half was OSU came out  to play, and Wis didn't.  OSU looked unprepared in the first half.  It wasn't until the 2nd half that they recovered from that punch to the mouth.

I think LSU should be #1 because of the schedule and beat down but i would not be surprised if OSU retained it.  Clemson will be #3 imo, and i am guessing OK 4th.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #419 on: December 08, 2019, 11:12:46 am »
Most points scored in all of college football and most assblasting team there is = #1

It’s that simple nick