Author Topic: Developer Blog 28 - Napoleonic Wars Patch 1.2  (Read 50490 times)

Offline danangleland

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: Developer Blog 28 - Napoleonic Wars Patch 1.2
« Reply #210 on: January 26, 2018, 09:29:36 pm »
Dev blogs 5, 17, and 18 are about NW. It's not as if this section has been something exclusively reserved for news on the development of BCoF, but rather as a place for all development news for all FSE projects.

Whoops  :-[ Sorry about that, I was unaware of it. Not sure how I missed that; I've probably not read every single blog but I thought I had looked at most of them, seems I was wrong. Still, it is disappointing not to have heard anything about BCoF in over 2 years.

@ Thunderstormer: I apologise for getting my facts wrong about the purpose of this sub forum, and evidently I was wrong to believe that they had finished with NW.

Offline Mohawky

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2018, 04:01:43 pm »
A little update on sandbag problems - having witnessed lots of games now, - bots and players can simply walk over them if they approach from a 45 degree angle and contact the edge that's sloped at end, if this is not perfectly aligned with the next in a sandbag wall. For us this means that sandbag defences against bot hordes are mostly useless unless the attack comes from head on.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #212 on: February 06, 2018, 08:38:44 am »

There is a bug in using custom polls that repeats the last admin action made, in the chat again.
i haven't seen this myself yet.  is there a way to easily replicate it?
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Sethja8

• Second Lieutenant
  • infamous soundmod creator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1erPLG]Lans_Sethja8
  • Side: Union
« Reply #213 on: February 07, 2018, 03:16:59 am »

Offline Sean123fs

• Private
  • Probably the best 1st person cav in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 07, 2018, 03:17:28 am »
Nice meme Seth +rep

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #215 on: February 08, 2018, 05:48:20 am »
I'm not sure how Xethos will react to becoming a meme.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
  • Nick: 47th_Cpt_Zebaad_Peritz
« Reply #216 on: February 09, 2018, 12:10:26 pm »
Anyone know what was meant by the new feature to apply custom names to flags? I noticed a new prop was added relating to this, but not been able to decipher it yet (nor can I recall the prop name).

Offline Caesim

• Second Lieutenant
  • With the edge of the sword.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Caesim
« Reply #217 on: February 09, 2018, 01:57:33 pm »
Anyone know what was meant by the new feature to apply custom names to flags? I noticed a new prop was added relating to this, but not been able to decipher it yet (nor can I recall the prop name).

spr_headquarters_base_flag_names sets the names for the flags that spawn on entry points 64 and 65. These are the team base flags. "Var No" sets the name for entry point 64 and "Var2 No" sets the name for entry point 65.

The names for other flags are defined in their "Var No".

For example to use str_custom_flag_name_6 set the number to 6. After that you can edit the strings file to set the string to something you want and the server will use that. You can even add more strings before str_custom_flag_names_end if needed.

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
  • Leader of 1er Suisse, Ski Instructor, Paintballer
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Nick: J-Man11
« Reply #218 on: February 09, 2018, 03:50:07 pm »
Anyone think there will be a new update in 6 years now?  ;)  took 6 years for this one..  (btw that's just a joke.. I don't actually mean it.. ....... or do I?)..

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 09, 2018, 04:06:54 pm »
Anyone think there will be a new update in 6 years now?  ;)  took 6 years for this one..  (btw that's just a joke.. I don't actually mean it.. ....... or do I?)..
they didnt work on it for 6 years

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
  • Nick: 47th_Cpt_Zebaad_Peritz
« Reply #220 on: February 09, 2018, 04:19:26 pm »

spr_headquarters_base_flag_names sets the names for the flags that spawn on entry points 64 and 65. These are the team base flags. "Var No" sets the name for entry point 64 and "Var2 No" sets the name for entry point 65.

The names for other flags are defined in their "Var No".

For example to use str_custom_flag_name_6 set the number to 6. After that you can edit the strings file to set the string to something you want and the server will use that. You can even add more strings before str_custom_flag_names_end if needed.
Can I just check- are you saying that the heaquaters can be named anything, they use the same string system i.e. str_custom_flag_name_6, or use a number, i.e. 6 in order to get the name to appear? I'm going to test this all now anyhow but would be worth getting it in writing for other scene creators ^. Cheers man

Cancel that ^
you use just numbers for headquaters and var1 of the additional flags. The names of which defined within the strings.txt file on your server (by default "Custom Flag X"). Thanks man

OK, new additional question XD how do I implement custom names into strings.txt?
I tried formatting "str_custom_flag_name_1 Custom_Flag_1" to "str_custom_flag_name_1 Testing", both client side and server side however the result when hosting local server was "Custom_Flag_1" and when server side it was a random name.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 04:42:11 pm by Zebaad »

Offline Caesim

• Second Lieutenant
  • With the edge of the sword.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Caesim
« Reply #221 on: February 09, 2018, 06:35:47 pm »
The flag name selection logic is broken atm. Will be fixed in the hotfix.

Offline Tywin

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4th_RG_2Lt_Tywin
« Reply #222 on: February 10, 2018, 12:14:22 am »
After playing with the patch for a few weeks I can say that falling off horses when hit is objectively the worst feature of the game. It is nonsensical, glitchy, and absurd. Devs might as well add a % chance to smash through blocks with every melee hit. There was 0 reason to add this to the game and it has only made it sillier and less fun.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 10, 2018, 12:33:39 am »
they didnt work on it for 6 years
yep, this patch was only started in August.  The server side patch was done in Nov.(which was basically just me working, with some help from others and Vince)The client side patch was about a month and a half, not counting the holidays. 

After playing with the patch for a few weeks I can say that falling off horses when hit is objectively the worst feature of the game. It is nonsensical, glitchy, and absurd. Devs might as well add a % chance to smash through blocks with every melee hit. There was 0 reason to add this to the game and it has only made it sillier and less fun.
it was already in the game.

the default value for it will be 0 in the hotfix.  servers will have to turn it on rather than it being a default thing.  i made that change a few weeks ago. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
« Reply #224 on: February 11, 2018, 03:48:03 pm »
I think the falling off horses is cool personally. But I see how people are used to it by now, so I set in events to 0%. But in public servers I keep it at the 15%