Author Topic: Lotr - Rings of Power  (Read 2931 times)

Skaen

Lotr - Rings of Power
« on: September 11, 2022, 03:57:15 pm »
Anyone watching the show?

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Lotr - Rings of Power
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 04:19:02 pm »
Yes and it's fucking terrible.
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2022, 04:24:04 pm »
a bit disappointed so far, i would rather watch the new game of thrones show even though its its a downgrade compared to the first 3 season of the original show

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2022, 04:27:21 pm »
Visually it looks fantastic, but thats to be expected when they are paying 75 million dollars per episode lol.

The plot and the writing both go hand in hand being really terrible. Only good things about the show so far is the visuals and its kind of a cool setting, seeing Mordor before it became a wasteland but thats about it.

New Game of Thrones show on the other hand is great even if its a bit liberal with the time jumps so far.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2022, 04:33:46 pm »
True. Even tho the visuals look way too fake in my opinion. Ofc, not all of them but just some shit I'm like bruh...
The elves look way too perfect instead of being unique like Elrond or even Galadriel like in the LOTR trilogy.
Also, wtf are these fucking halflings doing in this show, everytime I see them I just skip those parts in the show.
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2022, 05:34:35 pm »
True. Even tho the visuals look way too fake in my opinion. Ofc, not all of them but just some shit I'm like bruh...
The elves look way too perfect instead of being unique like Elrond or even Galadriel like in the LOTR trilogy.
Also, wtf are these fucking halflings doing in this show, everytime I see them I just skip those parts in the show.
They do look a bit perfect yeah. I get why they have done it like that, Lore wise it was actually normal for Elves to inbreed/incest to keep bloodlines pure, but they were considered perfect beings before the wars began. If you want your brain fucked, Aragorn and Arwen from the trilogy are related xD Earendil, was a half elf who had 2 sons, a man named Elros who founded Numenor (later became Gondor) and Elrond himself.

My problem atm is when I see Elrond I just call him young Ned as he was Young Ned in the flashback scene in Game of Thrones xD

So the way the licensing works in LOTR at the moment because of Tolkiens estate, they don't have the rights to everything. So ergo they don't have the rights to the Hobbit's so they wrote in the Harfoots, a similar race of halflings which were a majority of the population of The Shire when it was founded (thats what the book says, but thats literally it). I also just skip when they are on screen tbh.

Skaen

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2022, 05:44:44 pm »
I kind of like the Galadriel story. I hope they will go more in depth to it. I agree with the hobbit look-a-likes that they are pretty boring. As a huge lotr fan I did like to see some names I read in the silmarillon and never or very briefly have seen in the movies to make their appearance. I thought the orcs looked great as well. But the warg looked kind of weird imo. I just hope in the next few episodes we get some proper action scenes.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2022, 05:49:19 pm »
My main problem with it is she only shows 1 emotion and all her decisions are nonsensical. Same with diverse elf who's name I don't know

Skaen

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2022, 05:52:22 pm »
My main problem with it is she only shows 1 emotion and all her decisions are nonsensical. Same with diverse elf who's name I don't know
The dark-skinned one who went to the prison camp? Arondir?

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2022, 05:55:32 pm »
The dark-skinned one who went to the prison camp? Arondir?
Yeah that one, the one who when he sees a big hole in the ground and is surrounded by houses all empty, the entire village disappeared decides to jump in the hole and realise pretty quickly that it was a dumb idea

But don't worry, a boat floats because it looks upwards! Or its just displacement of water but the show needed the elves to sound smart in the dumbest way possible

Skaen

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2022, 06:00:58 pm »
Yeah, the boat thing sounded a little cringe to me as well. The show definitely has flaws. I just hope from episode 4 and on we get to see more adventure and action. As Galadriel said it was about to change soon that she'll get an army or something. When she was talking to that one who was imprisoned for fighting. I think his name was halbrand. I'm also curious to see who that Adar is at the end of episode 3. At one side I hope we get to see Sauron carrying a different name, because he had many names. But on the other side I hope they do him justice and show him as evil as he was. If that makes sense.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2022, 06:16:06 pm »
Yeah, the boat thing sounded a little cringe to me as well. The show definitely has flaws. I just hope from episode 4 and on we get to see more adventure and action. As Galadriel said it was about to change soon that she'll get an army or something. When she was talking to that one who was imprisoned for fighting. I think his name was halbrand. I'm also curious to see who that Adar is at the end of episode 3. At one side I hope we get to see Sauron carrying a different name, because he had many names. But on the other side I hope they do him justice and show him as evil as he was. If that makes sense.
We already know we will see him in his elven form, we've seen the pictures already. Its been widely speculated that he is Halbrand which would extremely loosely fit the lore. In lore Celebrimbor forges the rings, but Sauron is not defeated by the Numenorians for another 1400 years. so doesn't really fit.

I think the whole show is going to be around the war of the elves and Sauron, Sauron deceives Celebrimbor and tries to take the rings and fails. To which Sauron burns the city Eregion to the ground.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 06:20:39 pm by John Price »

Skaen

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2022, 06:25:55 pm »
I think the whole show is going to be around the war of the elves and Sauron, Sauron deceives Celebrimbor and tries to take the rings and fails. To which Sauron burns the city Eregion to the ground.
To be fair, I wouldn't mind that, sounds awesome to me. What worries me is that they'll mess it up. I hope they can deliver a good show because the first two episodes were dissapointing. The ending of the 3rd episode gave me a little bit of hope because it's so mysterious and what Galadriel said.

yecgga

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2022, 06:32:29 pm »

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2022, 06:34:04 pm »
To be fair, I wouldn't mind that, sounds awesome to me. What worries me is that they'll mess it up. I hope they can deliver a good show because the first two episodes were dissapointing. The ending of the 3rd episode gave me a little bit of hope because it's so mysterious and what Galadriel said.
You've fallen for the classic expectation subversion trick. There will be a diologue and she wont get that army.