Author Topic: Looking for a new headset  (Read 1155 times)

Offline fruitocino

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18e SgtMaj
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Looking for a new headset
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2022, 08:14:27 pm »
Razer Kraken 7.1 v2 yesyes
Thats the one I use but the v3 model should be solid too
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 08:16:44 pm by fruitocino »

Nock

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2022, 08:37:07 pm »
So I've been thinking about not going with a headset anymore. I gave it some thought but thanks to everyone for the other recommendations. Although, now I'm willing to buy a microphone and headphones separately. Does anyone know some good-quality microphones and headphones? The headphones should be good for both gaming and listening to music. Preferably both mic and headphones wired as well. The price of it all does not matter to me.

Headphones - DT 770 PRO from Beyerdynamics (ohms don't matter unless you're a sound engineer or work in this field)
Microphone - Marantz' MPM-1000 but requires XLR cable, thus also requiring something like a Focusrite (audio interface) BUT lucky you, they also sell a USB version, the MPM-1000u (which, ofc, is of lower quality than its XLR variant)

The headphones is GREAT for everything really, from music to gaming, it's just awesome for its price (imo (but beyerdynamics always had great quality stuff))
The microphone is good enough for gaming and comms on Discord/TS, you don't need a super expensive one
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 08:39:23 pm by Nock »

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2022, 09:05:39 pm »
for the past 3 years i have been using my apple wired headphones, it still works like a fine wine !