Author Topic: E-Sports and Business  (Read 4188 times)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
E-Sports and Business
« on: September 10, 2021, 04:37:19 am »
Very fascinated in e-sports and the potential to make money. I’d almost even want to start my own e-sports team or invest in one if possible. Or even work somewhere in e-sports now before it gets even bigger. If any of y’all know more about it I’d love to hear it. Like what is untapped on this scene that hasn’t been done yet either.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens
Re: E-Sports and Business
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 05:04:57 am »
Very fascinated in e-sports and the potential to make money. I’d almost even want to start my own e-sports team or invest in one if possible. Or even work somewhere in e-sports now before it gets even bigger. If any of y’all know more about it I’d love to hear it. Like what is untapped on this scene that hasn’t been done yet either.
invest into marceaux

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Major
  • 2 fast 4 u ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Amaterasu/Envy & Team France
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 08:32:41 am »
I'm also looking for a good e-sport game to start working on, I'm quite young so I have my chances the problem is that I can't find any game that I really like in the top e sport games  :(
This is the competition, everyone insulting french players and i don't care, we will prove it in tournament - LeBrave "The Precursor"

NW is mental game, I have said what need to be said... you all bad and rue day you mess with me big anime profile man

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 08:45:11 am »
I'm also looking for a good e-sport game to start working on, I'm quite young so I have my chances the problem is that I can't find any game that I really like in the top e sport games  :(

All the top e-sports games are kinda garbage. Overwatch and CSGO are watchable at least. I mean more on the organizational side is what I’d wanna do.

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 084ever!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 09:25:09 am »
I kinda been following the eSports scene for a long time now, especially OpTic and FaZe. My early remembrance of eSports kinda originated around the days where every gamer would try to get an upload, especially montages, onto Machinima as it was one of the biggest hubs for gaming back in the early 2010s. Couple of OpTic gamers left to work for Machinima back in the day. Howver, there was not much money flowing around the industry yet, but the early days saw teams such as OpTic and FaZe where they had sniping/trickshotting divisions dropping montages. OpTic dropped their sniping divisions early and focused on their competitive Call of Duty team with names such as Nadeshot and Scump being the bigger names representing their brand. Both players were growing in popularity due to their on-stream personalities. On the other hand, FaZe kept doing their trickshotting and sniping montages, but several of their players began doing IRL videos. Both teams were growing in popularity due to their on-stream/camera personas. Each team recognized that having relatable personas helped grow their organizations massively. OpTic getting a team house in the Chicago area in 2013, and FaZe getting a team house in 2014 were big time changers for their teams as it allowed for their members to live under the same roof and make IRL content together. FaZe was growing at a rapid rate with the team house and their FaZe 5 Recruitment challenges that so many people were going for. After COD: Advanced Warfare, OpTic's popularity dropped off, but FaZe continued to stay strong as they had various members dropping content on their personal channels.

One thing I have enjoyed is seeing how post-COD Nadeshot, took a big risk by starting an organization in 100 Thieves.  The good thing about Nadeshot was that his following was huge after his departure from OpTic. He was the huge reason why people were drawn into the competitive Call of Duty scene. Using his knowledge from OpTic, Nadeshot was able to see what draws viewers to teams were getting content creators with relatable personas. He invested into getting streamers, Courage and Valkyrae, as one of the very first additions to 100 Thieves. These two streamers were growing drastically during the Fortnite days. 100 Thieves still has competitive teams in both COD and League of Legends, I think, but the 100 Thieves name has been built due to the fact that Nadeshot has been picking up more Twitch personalities. 100 Thieves also began releasing merchandise that people would actually wear in public as well as collabing with Gucci. I do remember Drake also investing into 100 Thieves in their early days as well.

FaZe continues to be a big name in the eSports scene with offices in LA and hundreds of members worldwide. They have various rappers and athletes invested into the team such as Ben Simmons, Offset, and others. They even have members such as Lil Yachty and Bronny Jr. apart of the team. FaZe has been quite popular due to the fact they had FaZe Banks running the Clout House with a lot of other personalities and Sommer Ray. Their members were able to collaborate easily due to that. 

Kinda sucks to see OpTic's popularity drop off after Nadeshot's departure. H3CZ selling the organization in 2019 didn't help either. But glad to see H3CZ regaining control of the team.

Overall, it's pretty crazy to see how the eSports scene has grown in the past decade, and it will continue to grow. There are other eSports teams out there, but I don't follow them as closely as these teams.

TLDR: imo, teams should invest more into building their brand around content creators as they are marketable
click here to join the 84th

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 09:44:31 am »

All the top e-sports games are kinda garbage. Overwatch and CSGO are watchable at least. I mean more on the organizational side is what I’d wanna do.
I see, there is Valorant which has just been released and is full of potential
This is the competition, everyone insulting french players and i don't care, we will prove it in tournament - LeBrave "The Precursor"

NW is mental game, I have said what need to be said... you all bad and rue day you mess with me big anime profile man

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 10:39:45 am »

I see, there is Valorant which has just been released and is full of potential
You gotta be good at a game. First try to achieve that ;)  ;D 8) ::) :) ;)
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
  • new and interesting ways to play
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_HGrd /// Nr4_OLt
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 10:52:02 am »

Do you also consider some games that just have many tournaments with high prize money?  :)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2021, 06:47:12 pm »

Do you also consider some games that just have many tournaments with high prize money?  :)

That’s kinda broad. Do you mean like dota or something

Offline Runepkyz

• Major
  • Hey, How are you! Best EU.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: PonyBoy
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2021, 10:40:52 pm »
Just become Pro Dota player like me and go to international with over 40m prize pool ezpz.  8)
8=====================D ~ ~ ~ ~

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2021, 02:10:22 am »
Invest in world of tanks esports
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2021, 02:24:01 am »
Fantastic game

Fantastic waste of my fucking time but I'm still playing it
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2021, 03:21:28 am »
ngl just need some sort of medieval fighting game to become huge

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2021, 11:28:12 am »
ngl just need some sort of medieval fighting game to become huge

Offline ONeil_

• Major
  • epic gamer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: uwuwuwuwuwu
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2021, 11:46:29 am »
halo