Author Topic: I'm pissed (COVID thread)  (Read 19929 times)

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: I'm pissed (COVID thread)
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2021, 03:44:43 am »
Spoiler
[close]
WEAR A MASK!!!!!! DONT YOU KNOW YOU COULD KILL SOMEBODY!!111!!!
Yeah I know just don't wear a mask and spread a virus that is very efficient in killing old people and people with underlying medical conditions. Like if you can't survive covid why even live??
at this point these people are almost fully vaccinated. death rates are plummetting in countries with vaccination programs for a reason

Ok and? This isn't relevant to the fact that you should still just wear a mask, even young people can suffer long term conditions and there are plenty of at risk people who aren't vaccinated.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2021, 03:45:14 am »

Spoiler
[close]
Yeah I know just don't wear a mask and spread a virus that is very efficient in killing old people and people with underlying medical conditions. Like if you can't survive covid why even live??
agreed

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2021, 03:50:50 am »
Spoiler
[close]
at this point these people are almost fully vaccinated. death rates are plummetting in countries with vaccination programs for a reason

Ok and? This isn't relevant to the fact that you should still just wear a mask, even young people can suffer long term conditions and there are plenty of at risk people who aren't vaccinated.
go live in a bubble and stay in your basement if your afraid of coughing a little bit

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2021, 05:08:23 am »
Spoiler
[close]

in certain situations yes. generally? masks are.. somewhat effective at best, unless you're wearing an N95. for most people, the risk of getting severe covid is already incredibly low. obviously not suggesting we all pretend it doesn't exist but the attitude of extreme caution is overblown and a serious risk to any future return to normalcy
also, areas with mask mandates - like michigan and ontario - are doing much worse than areas without like texas and florida. mask wearing hasn't been a significant factor in changing where and when covid spreads

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 084ever!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2021, 05:17:05 am »
Imagine wearing a mask for a virus you physically can’t see LMAO
click here to join the 84th

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2021, 06:44:19 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]

go live in a bubble and stay in your basement if your afraid of coughing a little bit
[close]

ok you're stupid

Spoiler
[close]

in certain situations yes. generally? masks are.. somewhat effective at best, unless you're wearing an N95. for most people, the risk of getting severe covid is already incredibly low. obviously not suggesting we all pretend it doesn't exist but the attitude of extreme caution is overblown and a serious risk to any future return to normalcy
also, areas with mask mandates - like michigan and ontario - are doing much worse than areas without like texas and florida. mask wearing hasn't been a significant factor in changing where and when covid spreads

"In a study of 124 Beijing households with > 1 laboratory-confirmed case of SARS-CoV-2 infection, mask use by the index patient and family contacts before the index patient developed symptoms reduced secondary transmission within the households by 79%.33"

"A study of an outbreak aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt, an environment notable for congregate living quarters and close working environments, found that use of face coverings on-board was associated with a 70% reduced risk.35"

"A retrospective case-control study from Thailand documented that, among more than 1,000 persons interviewed as part of contact tracing investigations, those who reported having always worn a mask during high-risk exposures experienced a greater than 70% reduced risk of acquiring infection compared with persons who did not wear masks under these circumstances.34"

"Multi-layer cloth masks can both block up to 50-70% of these fine droplets and particles3,14  and limit the forward spread of those that are not captured.5,6,15,16 Upwards of 80% blockage has been achieved in human experiments that have measured blocking of all respiratory droplets,4 with cloth masks in some studies performing on par with surgical masks as barriers for source control.3,9,14"

Mask wearing also reduces viral load which can severely aid in reducing the severity of your symptoms as well as recovery time.

This can be found straight off of the CDC website

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/masking-science-sars-cov2.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fmore%2Fmasking-science-sars-cov2.html

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2021, 07:49:58 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]

[close]

ok you're stupid

Spoiler
[close]

ok you're stupid too
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2021, 02:18:19 pm »

Spoiler
[close]
agreed

Jeez I hope you're infertile.

Can people who wear masks stop touching their masks while wearing them? There's literally no reason to wear a mask if you're going to touch it every 5 seconds.
You might aswell start sneezing in your hands while you're at it.
do you wear glasses?

Yes I do, it sucks but it doesn't excuse bad behaviour.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 02:26:53 pm by Furrnox »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2021, 03:23:18 pm »
Yes Hawkince, thank you, that’s why I said somewhat effective
If you wanna read a whole long article on why they’re somewhat effective read this https://slatestarcodex.com/2020/03/23/face-masks-much-more-than-you-wanted-to-know/
Nothing that I’ve said is incorrect, including about that mask wearing hasn’t been a 1-1 relation in terms of stopping covid spread

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Hess

• Captain
  • 83rdPA, 4eme, 8e, 2ndNYSM
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hess
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2021, 03:43:38 pm »
The problem with COVID, at least in the United States is that it has become too exaggerated and politicized on both sides. There is a general distrust in the government, especially among conservatives and those who tend to lean right. While I don't think COVID should be downplayed, I also don't think it is necessary to shut the entire economy down and ruin small businesses which frankly I believe was political, especially since many large retailers are able to stay open such as Wal-Mart, Target, etc. Another example I often look to is the H1N1 Pandemic (Swine Flu) where I don't remember shutting down the economy or having to wear a mask in public at least in the United States. Sure, Swine Flu was less deadly than COVID, but COVID only has a fatality rate of 1.80 percent as of April 12th of 2021 which has been on an overall downtrend from last year. No, I am not a crazy conspiracy theorist, no I am not saying that COVID doesn't exist, but it's highly politicized and exaggerated. Forgot to add, the fatality rate can change throughout the outbreak as more or fewer people get COVID which is why I specified the date.

If you are interested in my sources:

https://ourworldindata.org/mortality-risk-covid (sources are also listed towards the bottom)
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-h1n1-pandemic.html (Swine flu information)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 03:50:50 pm by Hess »

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2021, 04:01:23 pm »
The problem with COVID, at least in the United States is that it has become too exaggerated and politicized on both sides. There is a general distrust in the government, especially among conservatives and those who tend to lean right. While I don't think COVID should be downplayed, I also don't think it is necessary to shut the entire economy down and ruin small businesses which frankly I believe was political, especially since many large retailers are able to stay open such as Wal-Mart, Target, etc. Another example I often look to is the H1N1 Pandemic (Swine Flu) where I don't remember shutting down the economy or having to wear a mask in public at least in the United States. Sure, Swine Flu was less deadly than COVID, but COVID only has a fatality rate of 1.80 percent as of April 12th of 2021 which has been on an overall downtrend from last year. No, I am not a crazy conspiracy theorist, no I am not saying that COVID doesn't exist, but it's highly politicized and exaggerated. Forgot to add, the fatality rate can change throughout the outbreak as more or fewer people get COVID which is why I specified the date.

https://ourworldindata.org/mortality-risk-covid (sources are also listed towards the bottom)
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-h1n1-pandemic.html (Swine flu information)
Good news Covid cases are becoming stable in the US. This might just lead to another surge but soon 100 million will be vaccinated.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2021, 04:35:03 pm »
The main thing that annoys me is when people wear gloves and start touching everything. Everytime I see that shit I want to chunk a brick at their ass.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2021, 05:55:59 pm »
I want to chunk a brick at their ass.

Offline Runepkyz

• Major
  • Hey, How are you! Best EU.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: PonyBoy
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2021, 06:26:14 pm »
I dont wear a mask makes me itchy my beard doesnt like it. My gf had covid[didnt know at the time] and I was with her and we did the whole 9 yards i never got it. i went and got checked three different times and still never got it oddly enough, im just built different.
8=====================D ~ ~ ~ ~

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2021, 12:43:14 am »
Yes Hawkince, thank you, that’s why I said somewhat effective
If you wanna read a whole long article on why they’re somewhat effective read this https://slatestarcodex.com/2020/03/23/face-masks-much-more-than-you-wanted-to-know/
Nothing that I’ve said is incorrect, including about that mask wearing hasn’t been a 1-1 relation in terms of stopping covid spread
In the subgroups based on different study designs, protective effects of wearing mask were significant in cluster randomized trials and observational studies.
Via https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7253999/
The peer-reviewed scientific evidence for the protective effect of facemasks and respiratory virus infection in healthcare and community settings is overwhelming.
Via https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/media/674/open
Experimental and epidemiological data support community masking to reduce the spread of SARS-CoV-2.
Via https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/masking-science-sars-cov2.html
Our review of the literature offers evidence in favor of widespread mask use as source control to reduce community transmission...
Via https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118#sec-22

yeah slighty
CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases  and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.
Via https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-h1n1-pandemic.html (Swine flu information)
31,158,087 cases in the US and 560,576 deaths in the United States due to the COVID-19 virus
Via https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_casesper100klast7days

I dont wear a mask makes me itchy my beard doesnt like it. My gf had covid[didnt know at the time] and I was with her and we did the whole 9 yards i never got it. i went and got checked three different times and still never got it oddly enough, im just built different.
I always forget how dumb you are
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 01:14:22 am by Dan the Seagull Chef »
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.