Poll

When would you prefer a cavalry gf tournament to happen?

Every two weeks
5 (11.9%)
Every month
11 (26.2%)
Every two months
15 (35.7%)
Every three months+
7 (16.7%)
Don't care so long as I can play
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: The Fighting Pit - 5v5 Tournament  (Read 21119 times)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The Fighting Pit - 5v5 Tournament
« Reply #225 on: January 15, 2021, 08:54:23 pm »
Last updates done, tournament is about to start.

Assemble, hussars! From deep down the sewers of the arena, you hear the roarings of the crowd waiting for blood. You and your mount both shaking, you get mentally reading for what's to come: The glory of the Pit, a fight to the death. You have been training hard for this and are eager to prove your worth to the community. But you ain't standing alone. Your crew is there with you, united in combats, willing to give their best on your side. Will the Pit crowns its first cavalry champions in your person? Or will you fall on the dust of the fighting ground, like many before you. From now on, you write your own legend. From now on, you enter the Fighting Pit!

Good luck everyone!
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Soartex

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Huss_Lt_Soartex
« Reply #226 on: January 16, 2021, 12:35:44 am »
Gg to everyone we fought in the tournament, was a very fun event that we enjoyed a lot on our side.

Thanks to Tardet and Skittles for hosting this.

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #227 on: January 16, 2021, 12:35:58 am »
GG fun tournament!

very unsatisfying ending for us though - gg wp frenchies
[close]
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline OuRaNos

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: OuRaNos
  • Side: Union
« Reply #228 on: January 16, 2021, 12:36:27 am »
ez
Currently: SdtV Dans Le IVe_45e
Previous: Brg/GrdH Dans Le 1er_Huss - CvlE Dans Le 3e_Huss - CvlE Dans Le 2e_Huss - BrgF/Adj Dans Le 9e_Huss - SgtMaj Dans La 7eBrigade - Trmp Dans Le 1erRH - FlqP Dans Le 7eFlq - Gnd Dans Le 16eJG - SoPV Dans Le 31e_Volt

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 16, 2021, 12:37:15 am »

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #230 on: January 16, 2021, 12:38:29 am »
treiz winning tournaments

Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Treiz35

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Treiz
« Reply #231 on: January 16, 2021, 12:41:20 am »
GG fun tournament!

very unsatisfying ending for us though - gg wp frenchies
[close]

Dont forget Tim !!

GG wp to all the teams was a fun & nice tournament thanks for hosting it Tardet (still rigged a round with despawning a horse) and Skittles !!

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning
« Reply #232 on: January 16, 2021, 12:42:18 am »
ggs to everyone we played and to the winners HWE (atleast we lost to the later winners  :'().

I liked the execution of this tournament and felt like it was a nice change. I know 3 hours a re a long time for some and it mightve gave some problems in their performance but I appreciate not playing an 5v5 tournament for a whole month.

Offline MaxenceIV

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2e_Gren_Cpt_MaxenceIV
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #233 on: January 16, 2021, 12:47:05 am »
GG guys ! Very nice tournament !

Spoiler
Legends say if Dokletian win a tournament he dies
[close]

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: The Fighting Pit - 5v5 Tournament | 1st. HWE / 2nd. CR / 3rd. PC
« Reply #234 on: January 16, 2021, 12:54:52 am »
The tournament is now over! Overall it felt like a good experience from our perspective, with very few hiccups and some intense fights. But before delving further into how things went, let's congratulate our winners first!

Winners from HWE & friends.

1 - Hot Wheels Equitation
Treiz - Bedoyère - Soartex - Maxence - Harbinger

2 - Cereals Killers
Dokletian - Hannes - Andros - Carlos - Ciiges - Aless - Stannis

3 - Purple Cobras
JellyKing - Skittles - Shade - Giorno - Txm - Octonidas - Law

The edition was a test in many aspects. First, because it was locked on one-class only but also because we didn't have a 5v5 on one evening in a while. The special ruleset for rosters also added a different flavour for the tournaments, as it is expected many of the teams we saw attending the Fighting Pit tonight wouldn't have existed if that rule hadn't been enforced. We hope that gave some players the chance to try themselves a different competitive environment and that this tournament acted as a nice bridge between regimental events and the upcoming Fantasy League hosted by Skittles.

The duration of the tournament was one of our fears/concerns but we are happy how things unfolded. Most teams were done at 10:00GMT which was the goal we set for ourselves. Eventually, for the 4 remaining teams, the tournament was a tad longer (we finished at 11:30GMT due to a really long semi-final) but for these kinds of one-night tournaments, the best players have to expect that sort of commitment. Starting half an hour before could also help not finishing past midnight for Europeans so it's worth being considered.

Very happy about the quality of the servers overall which we owe a big thanks to Lindblom, as per usual for his amazing free services. A big thanks to Lightning as well who always stayed in touch with us to make sure we were not missing on anything server wise. Skittles, on top of making the map on his own, entirely from scratch, handled all that aspect, therefore, every credit goes to him. Organisation wise, despite a slight confusion we had once we were to switch servers for the quarter-finals, the rest of the tournament felt rather smooth.

Can't thank Skittles himself long enough for his help. Without him, the Fighting Pit would have never been a thing and I am glad I was finally able to come around and host a one-night event for the cavalry community thanks to him. A big thanks to all our referees tonight which helped tremendously, on top of my head; Thorny, Shagon, Lightning, Dokle, Maxence, Cage, etc...

I will say that much, a lot of fights were really one-sided and might have taken away a bit of excitement overall which we fully understand but as we mentioned several times, this tournament main's objective was to give material for the seedings/pricings of the Fantasy League. I would very much like to host another edition in the future, but this time let people make their teams like they so wish. I would like to give a proper round of applause to Not Only Polish who managed to take away four rounds to our champions in the quarter-final, which is no small achievement when looking at the semi-final & grand-final result. Clearly not something I expected but which also highlights how some players which are not the best rated can do some proper damages in these kinds of competitions, against some of the toughest opposition there is.

With that being said, thanks a lot everyone for attending, we hope you enjoyed yourselves and encourage all of you to share a large interest for the fantasy league whenever the applications open. The event should be an absolute banger so don't miss out on some proper fun.

Take care,

Skittles & Tardet

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #235 on: January 16, 2021, 12:56:48 am »
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile

Offline King Stannis Baratheon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_Cpt_Stannis
« Reply #237 on: January 16, 2021, 05:22:15 am »
Thanks for the tournament i enjoyed it all the way to our cursed final   :-[  8)

The only criticism i have is of the later start time. Even an hour earlier would've helped a little for those who got further into the tournament and have an early start the next day :'(

Offline DarkLight

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkLight
  • Side: Union
« Reply #238 on: January 16, 2021, 05:23:20 am »
Ggs wp, map is not bad but maybe make a bit bigger? seems fine for something like 3v3 but 5v5s it felt a bit short

Offline Hawriil

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 16, 2021, 08:08:35 am »
Thanks for good spending time with hussars on pit. GG and I wait on another edition. And rememba - Not Only Polish !