Author Topic: 84th Regiment of Foot (Royal Highland Emigrants) NA [2 years on 6-6-22]  (Read 110265 times)

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: 84th Regiment of Foot (Royal Highland Emigrants) NA
« Reply #870 on: August 01, 2021, 02:25:20 am »
 you denied me another chance at CR but ccongratulations.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #871 on: August 02, 2021, 06:49:41 am »
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens
« Reply #872 on: August 02, 2021, 04:05:04 pm »

the Holdfast -> NW arms race is officially underway
a war u will take a L
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 01:19:24 am by LEVIS »

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 02, 2021, 07:12:55 pm »

the Holdfast -> NW arms race is officially underway
a war u will loose
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 08:16:26 pm by RussianFury »

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
click here to join the 84th

Offline Tired_Jake

• Private
  • I'm just a really tired, welcome to state farm
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [45thN_Vet][84th_Fus]_Tired_Jake
« Reply #875 on: August 03, 2021, 09:25:19 am »
Roster Update!  ;D

Offline Saitama

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • older than Glennofnw
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady_Boy
« Reply #876 on: August 03, 2021, 09:33:12 am »
I wish I could attend an event, but I'm a boomer who's always asleep when your events start  :'(

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 03, 2021, 09:34:48 am »
I wish I could attend an event, but I'm a boomer who's always asleep when your events start  :'(

Just don't sleep

Offline 19boboy97

• First Lieutenant
  • Gotta Catch 'Em All!
    • View Profile
    • FSE cat girl
  • Nick: Cat Girl Trainer
« Reply #878 on: August 03, 2021, 09:36:33 am »

Me too :(

Kisses for our NA sister regiment <3

Offline Tired_Jake

• Private
  • I'm just a really tired, welcome to state farm
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [45thN_Vet][84th_Fus]_Tired_Jake
« Reply #879 on: August 04, 2021, 05:58:36 am »
So i was told to make my 30th post special... soooooo

here it is my 30th post!

also...

084 084 084

Offline Dredd

• Second Lieutenant
  • 2e(AU) - 84th(NA)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Dredd
« Reply #880 on: August 04, 2021, 03:24:09 pm »
what the fuck is that

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #881 on: August 04, 2021, 04:00:22 pm »
Who voted this n3rd as CR?!?!?!

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 04, 2021, 08:53:24 pm »

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 06, 2021, 10:37:33 pm »
Spoiler

The 84th Royal Highland Emigrants within the span of six months of 2020 has risen from a meme idea to a top tier North American regiment in all aspects of regimental life. This post will be outlining the growth of the 84th from it’s absolute beginning to the end of the year of 2020 and how our glorious regiment has grown.

The third and fourth sections overlap in time, don’t worry it just makes sense to us.

The Beginning (June 6th 2020)

The 84th Royal Highland Emigrants lead by Major TheJollyCanadian and Captain Glenn was founded on June 6th, 2020. After finding out that the South American community was hosting a groupfighting league, Glenn approached Jolly of the idea of participating in this league. This led to the creation of the 84th Royal Highland Emigrants. Within the span of two weeks, the 84th bolstered a roster of about 30 American, Canadian, Brazilian, British, and German players. The regiment also introduced the NCO core of: Colour Serjeant Theodin, Serjeant Hawkince, and Serjeant Aurum.

Early Struggles: 2v2 Summer Cup and RGL (June 2020-August 2020)

The 84th began its mark in NW by attending various North American and South American casual events throughout the week bringing anywhere from 4 players to 12 players an event. The 84th was enjoying it’s time blasting regiments with artillery in casual events with Dan the Chef generally diming little kids without a second monitor. In the same month of the regiment’s formation, the 84th was invited to participate in the North American 2v2 Summer Cup. The North American 2v2 Summer Cup was a fun and interesting concept, but nothing came out of it for the 84th except the Jolly Canadian special, and Aurum retiring from playing NW to take care of his 8 children. As the North American 2v2 Summer Cup was happening, the 84th participated in the 2nd Season of the North American Regimental Groupfighting League. After losing key members to the returning regiment, the LG, the 84th participated in a match of the North American Regimental Groupfighting league with a weakened roster. In the regiment’s first and only RGL match, the 84th lost to the RSL in a fascinating 1-15 fashion with a 5 minute duel between Ghostrider7811 and Cwater. After realizing the 84th had to face the LG and the 12e as the next two matches, the 84th decided to pull the plug and stop participating in RGL. Also, the 84th pulled out from the South American Groupfighting league as the leaders realized no one will show up. As these two leagues winded down, Theodin and Hawkince trained various casual players from the 84th and the 41e to hopefully improve in the future of their NW careers. Special thanks to players such as: ArgThePirate (stop posting in no liability), Nova (you make Jolly and Glenn want to blow a gasket), Lukasoh (German goat), Mitchell (10th > 45thN), Ghostrider7811 (only owns NW), Metalero (mostly for bringing the Brazilian community), Dan the Chef (top notch memer), Crazy Texan (wheelchair GOAT), Bamboozler (tell Legend to download Teamspeak already), Gryfons (tk’d Glenn in a groupfight in his first event back to lose 13-15 to the 9th), and Nightfall (you are actually taking up the mic bandwidth) for being some of the core players at the beginning of the 84th. 

Our First Competitive Event
[close]
Our First Ever Attendance

[close]

Matches
NA 2v2 Summer Cup
5-3 with COSR vs 93rd & 8e WIN
3-5 with 12e vs 93rd and RSL LOST
4-4 with 8e vs 21st and 1stRWY TIE
1-7 with DKK vs RSL and 1stRWY LOST
5-3 with 41e vs 1stRWY and 9th WIN
1-7 with 41e vs 12e and DKK LOST

[close]

RGL
1-15 vs RSL LOST
[close]
[close]

Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel (August-October 2020)

The 84th continued to grow in size after the 2v2 Summer Cup and Regimental Groupfighting League. With the conclusion of these two leagues, the 84th saw the acquisition of some experienced players such as Yoloswag (40th LOL), Fireboy (bullied out the regiment by Nightfall), Fartknocker (SwagDaddy420), Winters (saying “USMC” gives him nightmares), God (12 ping merchant), Unicorn (beans and Cars 2 enthusiast), Chantakey (terrible Twitch channel), and some 45thN memers, like Headless (best memer 2020) and Jerome (stoned to the bone). The regiment also took the regiment virginity of players such as: Jingles (quit your accounting job), TrussedJaguar (absolute Chad), and Dragon of the West (inspirational). During this time period, the 84th continued to dime in artillery with Dan the Chef and Jingles diming little children without a 2nd monitor. The regiment also had a drinking night on October 2nd as part of the BBG/NRP campaign which was marked as one of the most memorable nights of the 84th. Plus, the 84th had a bingo night on October 14th, to spice up one of the artillery shooting sessions.  On the competitive side of things, the regiment went from having the 9th and 1stRWY as its fiercest rivals to the 20thVR and 12e.

84th vs 9th
[close]
84th vs 1stRWY
[close]

North American Premier League (September-December 2020)

In late September, TheJollyCanadian announced that the 84th would participate in the “9th Season” of the North American Premier League. The 84th was paired up with the LIR and the 24th in their group stage matches for the league. As the league progressed, the regiment saw the acquisition of players such as: Mang (cool dude), Dio (8 inches), Phil (raptor boat goat), WhaleFish (you don’t have to slay yourself for Officer Aim), and Waste (stick in your age group). On the casual side of things, the regiment added some regular cool kids such as: BobNLarry (the two named individual whose dream is to coup the regiment), SammySlammer (New Zealand dude who joins at 2 PM in the afternoon just to get shot), Source (USMC dude that’s a cool cat), and Dredd (you filthy Australian rat). The casual side continued to vibe as any specialty in casual events, and the regiment began attending Oceanic events at 3 am EST, every Sunday. In these Oceanic events, the regiment is generally joined by players from the 1KL community and Hunteh (Lance Corporal). After finishing first in the group in the NAPL, the 84th was the lowest ranked first seed therefore the regiment had to play a quarterfinal match, against the 1stRM. The 84th defeated the 1stRM, 9-1. With this victory, the 84th was matched up against the favorites, the 2v2 Summer Cup and Regimental Groupfighting League champions, the 12e, in the semifinals. In an exciting dramatic fashion, the 84th defeated the 12e, 7-5 in overtime to secure a spot in the grand final. After this exciting match, the regiment promoted Hawkince from Serjeant, to Serjeant Major. On the other side of the bracket, the 20thVR defeated the IX to advance to the grand final against the 84th. In the grand final, the 84th started off the first half with an outstanding 5-0 lead. However, after four straight rounds, the lead dwindled to only a one round lead for the 84th. In a controversial fashion, the 84th defeated the 20thVR to secure the regiment’s first ever league championship. At the end of the match, the regiment saw Colour Serjeant Theodin “retire”.

Our North American Premier League Run
[close]

NAPL Matches
7-3 vs LIR  WIN
9-1 vs 24th  WIN
9-1 vs 1stRM WIN
7-5 vs 12e  WIN
6-4 vs 20th  WIN

[close]

The Present (December 2020)

With the conclusion of the North American Premier League, the 84th continued to do 1v1s and groupfights with the 93e, CB, and the 1KL. Early into December, the strength of the regiment increased with the acquisition of players from the 12e. The regiment also added a couple of new regular memers such as: iodine (Cav nerd), Ehri (regimental simp), and Lasagna (14 year old king). With the Thanksgiving and Holiday sales, the 84th’s casual side growed in numbers averaging 15+ players per event. With the growth in attendance and the shift of competitiveness in the community, the 84th birthed two new groupfighting teams: Big Baller Brand and Small Baller Brand. The 84th’s year concludes with an artillery banger event on December 23rd.

Overview of the Year

2020 was a questionable year throughout the world, however staying inside and playing this decade old module has shielded us away from this weird year. At the beginning of the year, TheJollyCanadian and Glenn never in a million years thought we would unite once again to form a regiment. Here we are at the end of 2020, the regiment was crowned North American Premier League champions and standing as one of the best North American regiments still around. As we cap off the year, the 84th would like to thank every regiment we have either teamed or faced on a competitive and casual level. We also topped off the year undefeated at Competitive 1v1 linebattles.

End of Year Record (30-2-8)

[close]

Final Remarks

We would like to thank the NCO staff, Hawkince and Theodin, for being our biggest critics and contributing your time and energy to making the 84th as great as it is. You two have seen this regiment at its highest and low points from it’s absolute beginning. Theodin, you brought melee knowledge to players that wanted to improve and make the 84th a great regiment. Hawkince, you brought absolute memes, skill, and vibes to the regiment. You two also ended the year undefeated in leading rounds...

Now to all our members - the BIGGEST thanks goes to you, to all those who we have lost and gained on the way. Without you guys, there would be no 84th. For the amount of times you sacrificed a social life, sleep, or anything just to jump on Teamspeak to come to an event, THANK YOU. We wish we could one by one thank you all individually, but the regiment has seen over 200 players involved with us at one point. The officers and NCOs cannot begin to express the amount of gratitude we have for you individually and for your loyalty and servitude. Thank you all for this great community we have and that YOU have built. 2020 has been a game changer for the 84th Royal Highland Emigrants, and we will continue to be great in 2021.

Regards,
Your Officers,

Major TheJollyCanadian
Captain Glenn

[close]

maybe I post the half year update

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 07, 2021, 12:25:57 am »
Always nice to see some homegrown talent having success like Texans or seeing old guys coming back in the game  ;D big ups Glenn + jolly