Author Topic: NBA #BALLISLIFE  (Read 69582 times)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
NBA #BALLISLIFE
« on: June 25, 2017, 04:18:23 pm »

This thread is for the discussion of basketball relating mainly to the NBA and everything associated with it.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 04:29:56 pm by Marceaux »

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
Re: NBA #BALLISLIFE
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 04:21:09 pm »
So i have recently gotten into the NBA more then ever and i really like this new and young Lakers roster, alot of potential and i am a big fan of Lonzo Ball and was pleased to see him drafted #2 overall i also really like Brandon Ingram/Julius Randle so hopefully they can come together this season.

On another note i cant believe Butler got traded to the Wolves!!!!!!!!! :o

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 04:39:25 pm »
The Ball family is cancer. But I don't mind the Lakers anymore I suppose since they aren't plowing through every team like they did when they had Kobe. The Wolves are going to be a great team next year, I've always like them. Towns, Wiggins, and now Butler is the ultimate 3 pair. 

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 04:55:59 pm »
The Ball family is cancer. But I don't mind the Lakers anymore I suppose since they aren't plowing through every team like they did when they had Kobe. The Wolves are going to be a great team next year, I've always like them. Towns, Wiggins, and now Butler is the ultimate 3 pair.

Yes i am very excited to see the wolves now also! I have also always liked the team for some reason and Towns played for the glorious Kentucky during his time in college so im a pretty big fan of his also! And the Balls aren't that bad, i mean LaVar is pretty outrageous but Lonzo seems really humble and soft-spoken as does his brother LiAngelo. And you cant deny all three brothers are pretty amazing players. And yes i actually hated the Lakers when they had Kobe but i really like these young players and they have actually kind of made me a Laker fan although i really want to love the Magic but they are so shit its impossible to root for them lol.

I really like the prospect from France, Frank Ntilikina as the 8th pick overall by the Knicks. He seems like he could turn out to be something like the Greek freak Antetokounmpo.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 05:03:51 pm by Marceaux »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 05:22:19 pm »

Yes i am very excited to see the wolves now also! I have also always liked the team for some reason and Towns played for the glorious Kentucky during his time in college so im a pretty big fan of his also! And the Balls aren't that bad, i mean LaVar is pretty outrageous but Lonzo seems really humble and soft-spoken as does his brother LiAngelo. And you cant deny all three brothers are pretty amazing players. And yes i actually hated the Lakers when they had Kobe but i really like these young players and they have actually kind of made me a Laker fan although i really want to love the Magic but they are so shit its impossible to root for them lol.

I really like the prospect from France, Frank Ntilikina as the 8th pick overall by the Knicks. He seems like he could turn out to be something like the Greek freak Antetokounmpo.

Yeah I started liking the Wolves even more when they got Wiggins, who's Canadian. They're all great prospects but some things throw me off about Lonzo. For ex. his absurd shoe pricing and his "i only want to play for the lakers" thing he had going on. LaVar is a meme at this point and I honestly think he's just trolling everyone. You gotta stick through with your hometown team man. It's okay to like other teams but every team suffers. As a Raptors fan we've been pretty shit in the past and we had a good past few years but I think we'll start to fall off especially now that Kyle Lowry is gone. Koumpo is one of my favourite players right now in the NBA, he's already a beast and he's only 22.

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 05:48:05 pm »
Lets go Raptors!

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 06:16:26 pm »
This is that game where you kick a ball into a hoop right?
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 07:54:08 pm »

Yeah I started liking the Wolves even more when they got Wiggins, who's Canadian. They're all great prospects but some things throw me off about Lonzo. For ex. his absurd shoe pricing and his "i only want to play for the lakers" thing he had going on. LaVar is a meme at this point and I honestly think he's just trolling everyone. You gotta stick through with your hometown team man. It's okay to like other teams but every team suffers. As a Raptors fan we've been pretty shit in the past and we had a good past few years but I think we'll start to fall off especially now that Kyle Lowry is gone. Koumpo is one of my favourite players right now in the NBA, he's already a beast and he's only 22.
Lets go Raptors!

Well the thing is i do not have a hometown team in the NBA, but alot of the best college prospects and top draft picks come from my states/cities NCAA teams Kentucky and Louisville. We actually dominate the draft usually, so i am usually a big fan of teams that sign those guys. Like Anthony Davis and John Wall for example and Karl-Anthony Towns among several other huge names like Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and recently De'Aaron Fox and Malik Monk.

This is also the first year i am ever going to actually pick a team to be a real fan of and follow them all season and also follow the NBA more as a whole. The Magic was my favorite team as a kid however as i liked Tracy McGrady back then and i liked the older Magic with Shaq etc. But here are the teams i really like and might become a real fan of eventually, listed from most interest to least interest:

Raptors - DeRozan is probably my favorite player in the game right now and i use these guys all the time in 2K haha. I also love how they were branded based on Jurassic park. I just miss the old purple and red color theme.

Lakers - Really LOVE the potential of the new young core they have just built based around, Ball/Randle/Ingram. Although i hated the Kobe era and really do not like the color scheme.

Hornets - Really like Kemba Walker and Kidd-Gilchrist also love the organization and the history. Also really like the color scheme and logo and the fact that they are kind of an underdog team imo.

TimberWolves - Always liked the colors and logo's. Big fan of Karl-Anthony Towns and really like the idea of seeing Butler in this team!

Wizards - Really like John Wall and Bradly Beal also quite fond of the Wizard theme for some reason but not sure about the newer colors and jerseys as i preferred the style they used around the time Jordan played for them. Also not very fond of the organization behind the team.

Pelicans - I love the new team and everything that comes with it, also a big fan of Anthony Davis and Demarcus Cousins of course. But thats about it.

These are also some teams that i like but at the moment have nothing more to interest me then the branding basically:
Magic *If they can fix it up then maybe...
Bucks *Love Antetokounmpo and Parker
Jazz *Love Hayward but hes leaving
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 04:39:48 am by Marceaux »

Haze

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 07:58:35 pm »
Let's go Knee-lee-kee-naa!!!

Knicks will rise again (oh..wait) with him

« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 08:02:46 pm by Drake »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 10:08:15 pm »
Spoiler

Lets go Raptors!

Well the thing is i do not have a hometown team in the NBA, but alot of the best college prospects come from my states/cities NCAA teams Kentucky and Louisville. We actually dominate the draft usually, so i am usually a big fan of teams that sign those guys. Like Anthony Davis for example and Karl-Anthony Towns among several other huge names like Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and recently De'Aaron Fox and Malik Monk.

This is also the first year i am ever going to actually pick a team to be a real fan of and follow them all season and also follow the NBA more as a whole. The Magic was my favorite team as a kid however as i liked Tracy McGrady back then and i liked the older Magic with Shaq etc. But here are the teams i really like and might become a real fan of eventually, listed from most interest to least interest:

Raptors - DeRozan is probably my favorite player in the game right now and i use these guys all the time in 2K haha. I also love how they were branded based on Jurassic park. I just miss the old purple and red color theme.

Lakers - Really LOVE the potential of the new young core they have just built based around, Ball/Randle/Ingram. Although i hated the Kobe era and really do not like the color scheme.

Hornets - Really like Kemba Walker and Kidd-Gilchrist also love the organization and the history. Also really like the color scheme and logo and the fact that they are kind of an underdog team imo.

TimberWolves - Always liked the colors and logo's. Big fan of Karl-Anthony Towns and really like the idea of seeing Butler in this team!

Wizards - Really like John Wall and Bradly Beal also quite fond of the Wizard theme for some reason but not sure about the newer colors as i preferred the colors they used around the time Jordan played for them. Also not very fond of the organization behind the team.

Pelicans - I love the new team and everything that comes with it, also a big fan of Anthony Davis and Demarcus Cousins of course. But thats about it.

These are also some teams that i like but at the moment have nothing more to interest me then the branding basically:
Magic *If they can fix it up then maybe...
Bucks *Love Antetokounmpo
Jazz *Love Hayward but hes leaving
[close]
The Raptors need more American fans! But remember that once you pick a favourite team, you'll have to stay with them for life. So just because you like certain players now does not seem like the best reason to pick a favourite. Usually the team closest to you is what's common. So you live in Kentucky then, the closest team is probably Memphis (yikes), Charlotte (yikes), or Indiana (yikes). I liked the Hornets better as the Bobcats.

Let's go Knee-lee-kee-naa!!!

Spoiler
[close]

Knicks will rise again (oh..wait) with him

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 10:40:54 pm »
Yah I'll likely choose one that I listed I dont really care to much  to choose a team thats really close to me. So I'm going to do some research on the teams I listed and I'll pick one soon based on a lot of factors.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2017, 11:09:00 pm »
Yah I'll likely choose one that I listed I dont really care to much  to choose a team thats really close to me. So I'm going to do some research on the teams I listed and I'll pick one soon based on a lot of factors.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 01:07:03 am »
I like the Pistons but their pretty bad. Clippers are probably my second favorite cuz i just love Paul, griffin and jordan.

Looking forward to watching the TWolves. Should be pretty fun

Chris Paul has always been my favorite player. John Wall is up there as well.

Theres also a good chance Hayward stays iait. n Utah. They can pay him alot of money and they arent even a bad team. But I guess we will just have to wait and see
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 01:17:43 am »
Griffin just opted out of his contract with the Clippers I think lol. The Utah Jazz are pretty mediocre.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 01:34:13 am »
Griffin just opted out of his contract with the Clippers I think lol. The Utah Jazz are pretty mediocre.
so is Chris Paul so rip al my love for the clippers lol.

>Calls 5th seed in the western conference mediocre

Also I miss the days when Dwight Howard carried the Magic to the finals :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 01:37:16 am by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time