Author Topic: The Star Wars Thread  (Read 107665 times)

Offline MikeyBruh

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Multi Region Choker GVT Gang Member
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The Star Wars Thread
« Reply #825 on: June 02, 2022, 06:43:40 am »
You dont enjoy leia or darth shaquisha the lesbian????
Also, I'm not friends with HiReaper, dudes a complete weirdo

Offline James.

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #826 on: June 02, 2022, 06:57:36 am »
Obi-Wan Kenobi is an absolute dumpster fire of a show. Horrible writing, awful directing, mediocre acting. I actually can't believe this is what they produced.
Shut the fuck up

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #827 on: June 02, 2022, 07:29:55 am »
Y’all are lucky I have covid. I’d have hopped on TS and given you a piece of my mind, but as a guideline respecting individual I must maintain my social distance.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #828 on: June 02, 2022, 08:00:59 am »
So far I’ve not had many issues with it apart from certain characters just being annoying

Offline Chainsor

• Major General
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Hptm_Chainsor
« Reply #829 on: June 02, 2022, 08:30:05 am »
Episode 3 was kind of a banger, but Ep1 and Ep2 were poor especially Ep2

Offline Mexican

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • perpetually injected with Imipolex G since 2013
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Meximemer
  • Side: Union
« Reply #830 on: June 02, 2022, 09:06:01 am »
I think fartknocker is right  :-\
666x 1v1 Champion | 69x 5v5 Winner | 420x Regimental Champion | 1x Autistic Memer Award

Skaen

« Reply #831 on: June 02, 2022, 09:13:06 am »
I think the show is pretty good to be honest. The only issue I have is with the third sister. It wasn’t right to give her that role. The two others looked menacing and she is just a normal black woman. I am not a racist, nothing’s wrong with black women. Just give her an other role. Imperial officer maybe or even a Jedi on the run...

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #832 on: June 02, 2022, 10:25:54 am »
Usually I don’t judge shows or actors till the full thing has been completed. Since we don’t know where that character is going or there purpose so their actor could very well fit the role. We just don’t know it yet
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 10:30:19 am by Blitzkrieg. »

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens
« Reply #833 on: June 02, 2022, 05:14:36 pm »
Obi-Wan Kenobi is an absolute dumpster fire of a show. Horrible writing, awful directing, mediocre acting. I actually can't believe this is what they produced.
Shut the fuck up

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 02, 2022, 05:22:24 pm »
I personally think episode 3 is a joke. It was not strong whatsoever. The writing was so bad.

Spoiler
First, why is Obi Wan so impatient at the meetup point? They get there and don’t even wait 5 minutes to see if their help arrives.
Then on the speeder with the stormtroopers Obi Wan fucking calls Leia her real name? He was the one who came up with the fake story! The acting here was also kind of cringe and the pacing terrible.
They pull up to the checkpoint and then Obi Wan turns into John Wick and kills like 6 stormtroopers. Then a transport with only three stormtroopers pulls up right in front of him, drops the ramp, and Obi Wan doesn’t shoot them like he just did against six stormtroopers? He just surrenders and gets bailed out by the officer being a spy.
The next part is kind of cool with the little Jedi Underground Railroad, but this leads to the biggest writing WTF of the entire episode.

So Vader arrives (which was awesome to see him massacre people on sight) and Leia and spy lady escape into the tunnel. Reva finds their secret tunnel. The spy lady goes back towards the entrance, where a Sith Inquisitor should also be waiting and/or walking her direction. Then boom, spy lady saves Obi Wan. How did she find him? How did she not run into Reva or any imperials? How did the stormtroopers not see her after firing two blaster shots? Why did Darth Vader stop pursuing Obi Wan after a mild inconvenience? She literally just reignited the fire Vader had already just created and put out. Obi Wan was also carried off by a droid which Vader could have just used the force on. And then after all this, Reva teleports to the exit of the secret tunnel to capture Leia. It’s just such laaaaazy writing man.

Also the Vader and Obi Wan rematch really fell flat for me. There was no emotion. No epic music. No feeling of threat. It just didn’t do anything for me. I understand Obi Wan is rusty and hasn’t used the force or his lightsaber in a decade. That is what they were trying to show in that one sided fight. It just was done so poorly in my opinion. Felt like an average fan made scene. Even as a Star Wars fanboy I couldn’t get into a fucking Vader vs Obi Wan rematch… The dragging Obi Wan through fire part was cool at least.
[close]

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #835 on: June 02, 2022, 05:41:52 pm »
We're 3 episodes in. Calm down.

I love star wars. More star wars content is always good.

If you wanna get into it further, star wars has never been good. Just sit back and enjoy what it is. Cowboy's and samurai's in space.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #836 on: June 02, 2022, 06:17:22 pm »

If you wanna get into it further, star wars has never been good. Just sit back and enjoy what it is. Cowboy's and samurai's in space.
yea we are only half way through!
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 02, 2022, 06:19:37 pm »

Trust me I’m still extremely happy that there’s three episodes left. But why just accept a disappointing  product from something you’re so passionate about? It has not been a good show so far and it should be talked about. We are at 3/6 episodes so you can look at it as a glass half full or glass half empty way. I’ll be more optimistic because there’s still so much potential and a lot of story left to tell in another three episodes.

Offline Chainsor

• Major General
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Hptm_Chainsor
« Reply #838 on: June 02, 2022, 06:55:56 pm »
is it just me or do the Disney series just dont give a proper Star Wars vibe? Dont understand me wrong, Mandalorian i.e. was a good series but i never felt the same Star Wars vibe, like i did with prequels and classics and also clone wars. Its the same with Kenobi. As i mentioned Ep1 and Ep2 were poor. Ep3 was a banger, but mainly because of the Vader scenes (especially the 0-fucks-given scene). The rest is something for the bin. Fart summs it up quite good

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #839 on: June 02, 2022, 08:31:02 pm »
The whole writing crew seems conflicted on how to approach its themes. The mature elements are there but the majority of their revenue still comes from toys so they have to factor what the kids want as well. Seems like a mish-mash of ideas that fall flat. The Clone Wars formula would work wonders here but they keep going for the Western-esque approach that IMO only really worked with the Mandalorian.