Author Topic: Fourth Election (September-October term) - Candidates and discussion  (Read 16188 times)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Fourth Election (September-October term) - Candidates and discussion
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2016, 12:00:16 am »
You had more than enough time to apply.(more than usual)  If this was on time, the election would of been over but things came up.  and this isn't even considering the fact that the election is held at the same interval.(every 2 months)  If you wanted to apply, you had plenty of time to prepare. 

We're not adding any more people to the list. You had plenty of time to make yourself a candidate.
It hasn't even been a week yet lol

+1 besides it is has only just turned September

read the stickied threads about when and how elections work.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Boy Wonder
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2016, 12:24:52 am »
You had more than enough time to apply.(more than usual)  If this was on time, the election would of been over but things came up.  and this isn't even considering the fact that the election is held at the same interval.(every 2 months)  If you wanted to apply, you had plenty of time to prepare. 

We're not adding any more people to the list. You had plenty of time to make yourself a candidate.
It hasn't even been a week yet lol

+1 besides it is has only just turned September

read the stickied threads about when and how elections work.
To my knowledge, you guys never gave anybody an official deadline for applications. From what i could tell, all you said was "apps start" and "apps close", so i had no way of knowing when it would start. When i asked you when the next elections would start all you told me was: "the end of august", which in itself is vague. I posted my application on September 1st, the day the actual election is supposed to be occurring. Your sticky threads don't explain anything about the current election and how it works, only the previous ones.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2016, 12:48:05 am »
This isn't some new system.  It is the same one since we started with a few minor tweaks after the first one.  You are on these forums fairly often.  You know the community rep board is there.  You have plenty of threads to look at that will give you an idea how it all works and when to do certain stuff(apply, vote)  The forums even tell you when a new post is made in these boards by changing the color and font of this board.(looking from the main page)

and at any time you could of sent me, or duuring, or another mod a PM asking for any more insight should you need it.  You could of even asked other forums members how it all works.  even tho we are slightly behind on everything, the time line really hasn't changed.  You had from the 26th until late on the 31st before i made the polls to apply.(which i made a post saying apps are closed)  you applied in Sept.

i don't remember our convo about community reps but i am guessing it was on NA1, a place not suited for a conversation like this.(late Aug is still a good estimate.  It doesn't take much time to check these boards or read the stickied threads to get an idea when this all starts. 

Spoiler
CR's are elected by absolute majority. In the first round, lasting three days, there will be two threads, one for the EU candidates, one for the NA. You therefor can vote in both election if you so desire, but it's not mandatory. You can vote 'None of the Above' if you feel that none of the candidates suit your preference.

If a candidate gets more then 50% of cast votes, this means the candidate wins right away, and there is no 2nd round.

If no candidate wins a majority, there's a run-off poll with the top two-candidates, lasting two days, starting just after the first round results come in. There is no 'None of the Above' option in the 2nd round.
[close]
Spoiler
On the 20th (for months lasting 30 days) and on the 21st (for months lasting 31 days) I will open a thread on this board with all candidacies in the first post. Candidates may put themselves forward on that thread, or by PM (though obviously they will be added to the list). The thread will be open, so people can discuss the election.

After 5 days, I will open the election, giving people three days to vote in the first round. Any run-off will start directly after the results are known, and last two days. On the first day of the new month, the new CR's will take office and the old ones will leave - unless, of course, they are re-elected.
[close]

the only part not in there is that apps are closed after voting starts but i did make a post saying this. 
 with that being said, the only person you can blame is yourself for not applying sooner.  The resources are there. 

it wouldn't be fair to the other candidates or the voters to now add someone(or multiple) to the list.  This is Duuring's thing so he can change or do what he wants.   
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2016, 12:52:12 am »
RIP Maple the Walmart Tammo

Offline Amit_

• Captain
  • 22nd "Cheshire" Regiment
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
  • Nick: [22nd]Maj_Amit
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2016, 02:36:45 am »
AP0C gets the vote.
Who the fug am I? Read up here.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2016, 04:34:17 am »
Tbh Maple, in my mind the end of august is a good enough time frame and if you felt so strongly about applying then for the last few days of august you would of been looking out for this thread. And since you had that information, why wait until September to post?

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2016, 11:48:05 am »
BabyJ was more of a martyr than Harambe