Author Topic: Greatness Lies in the Detail: Small Features you would have liked to see in BCoF  (Read 2540 times)

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
As the title suggests, I would like to start a thread where people can list small details you would like to be implemented in the upcoming standalone title.
These could range from UI features/deisgn changes, to animations or minute details in uniforms.
To start off, for example, I would like to draw the devs' notice to a few things, such as:

1) The list of players admins have when slaying/kicking/temp or perm- banning a player should have the player names in slightly larger fonts, to effectively minimise the possibility of punishments being handed out to the wrong person (say, the person immediately above/below the offender). A "Search" function would be great too, allowing admins to quickly punish a player before they leave  the server (especially if it comes down to a temp or perm ban).
2) A sliding animation for the numbers in a (Team)Deathmatch, Battle or Siege, so that players can visibly see the change in the no. of wins
3) If the map has cold/winter weather, the player, while standing still, could cough, or spit, as a response to the low Temperature. An Animation for shielding someone's eyes from the Sun, again where necessary.
4) Possibly, several different 2D  art images for a certain loading screen (depends on the available funds)
5) If a K/D ratio tab is implemented, it would be nice to dynamically see the player names moving up and down in the list (if permitted by the Engine)
6) Horses react when someone mounts them, by bleating, or sitting slightly lower down.
7) A server-side script, available to be turned on/off by the Owner, which shows when players enter/leave the game. Knowing that DanyEle is on the team, I hope that this option would be a piece of cake. If similar scripts could be implemented into the server, if not automatically, then, at least as an option that comes as standard wtih the decicated server hosting software, then I think it would greatly improve our experience, without needing to look for a modder :) )
8 ) You know the admin panel, which offers the option to limit % of troops of certain classes. It would be great to be able to restrict ONLY a certain regiment (eg, No partisans, or no Freikorps, or no Grenzers ONLY).

Please list any small things that you would like to be added - nothing major :)
<3

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
How about forced regimental cooperation in LBs? That'd be nice to have again.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
How about forced regimental cooperation in LBs? That'd be nice to have again.
What in-game system would achieve this? (private in-game channel for Regiment leaders, for example?)
<3

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
Well there's going to be integrated 3D voice-chat in the game. Plus McEwan put forward a good commander idea in the past.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline AllowedRaven

• Sergeant
  • 2nd in command of the 32nd Regiment of Foot
    • View Profile
    • 32nd Regiment Comunity Website
  • Nick: [32nd]Maj.Hugo[32ndMA]
If we are talking about communication I think they should take a look at the Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. The modders their, used PR Mumble. Which allows people to be automatically set into the right channel when they join a squad.

Offline Josy_Wales

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Josy_Wales
  • Side: Confederacy
Realy like the idea of regiments working more toghether :)
This is what i miss in NW and NaS events and syklus be focused on a lot more

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MadManYo
  • Side: Confederacy
Just to add to number 3 when its a cold mapyou should be able to see your charactor 'sbreath and the occasinal hand rubbing animation.