Author Topic: ISIS Thread  (Read 52993 times)

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
  • Side: Union
Re: ISIS Thread
« Reply #180 on: October 03, 2014, 10:32:28 pm »
You guys are nuts, they were building a community and got attacked... they are acting in self-defense.

This just got in, "YPG General Command ended the statement by calling on all the youths of Kurdistan, and all the youths siding with freedom and equality, to join their ranks in order to fulfill their historic responsibilities and to join the struggle of humanity against the savage attacks of ISIS gangs" :
http://www.kurdishinfo.com/ypg-isis-will-never-able-enter-kobane

I sure hope the Kurds get their own autonomous homeland after all this. And then run it with as non-heirarchical a government as is feasible of course. Still, anything is better than being split three ways by lines drawn on a map by western empires

Wait, so groups of anarchists and commies want help from civilized capitalist countries to fight a war against crazy mussies? There is literally no reason for the west to help them other than looking fancy. I'm all for the idea that and enemy of an enemy is your friend, but if i was trying to keep status quo in a country like Turkey i would stay out.

As far as i'm concerned, if they want to build their 'free and equal' society, then they can go fight and win.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #181 on: October 03, 2014, 10:34:50 pm »
Theres plenty of people going there to fight with the YPG...

relevant: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/3-renegade-americans-fighting-isis-syria-report-article-1.1961989
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Hammerstout

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #182 on: October 03, 2014, 10:38:44 pm »
Funny thing is I don't see you going Augy. Yet you will sit there living comfortably in the west and spout your shit that we're not doing enough to help.

Fuck the US, Fuck the West
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 10:46:52 pm by Hammerstout »

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Commissar_DesertThunda
« Reply #183 on: October 03, 2014, 10:52:36 pm »
Rest in peace Allen.

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
« Reply #184 on: October 03, 2014, 10:55:08 pm »
 ;D
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Shortshorts

• Major General
  • I love memes
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 60th_Lt_Shortshorts
« Reply #185 on: October 03, 2014, 11:05:50 pm »
So yeah, why don't you go over there and shoot yourself some religious fanatics? I mean surely the reason Kurdistan is a thing right now is because syndicalism is the absolute shit.

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
« Reply #186 on: October 03, 2014, 11:39:56 pm »
Alan Henning, a British citizen, has just been beheaded. He was forces to read out this message just before he was killed:-

"Hi I’m Alan Henning. Because of our parliament’s decision to attack the Islamic State, I as a member of the British public, will now pay the price for that decision.”

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
  • Founder of Minisiege, EU_Commander & Mininaval
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
« Reply #187 on: October 03, 2014, 11:44:31 pm »
Augy is totally right about the West, they obviously don't want the PKK Kurds to win. They would gladly support those in Iraq, but the Kurds from Syria have strong relations with the PKK, and the PKK has been struggling against Ankara for a very long time. It's not just that they are somewhat communists, they are above all Kurdish. Moreover Turkey is a NATO country, so of course the West can't just send weapons to the PKK and its allies. If those guys were "moderate" jihadists, or "opposition" as they call them on the BBC, they would have sent them money, weapons, food... and probably trained them in Turkey.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #188 on: October 03, 2014, 11:46:54 pm »
Because the west is incapable of being human in any possible way, right?
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline EdwardC

• Donator
  • Cyberbullying + Memes = FSE Forums
    • View Profile
    • 9th East Norfolk
« Reply #189 on: October 03, 2014, 11:52:51 pm »

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
  • Founder of Minisiege, EU_Commander & Mininaval
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
« Reply #190 on: October 04, 2014, 12:00:50 am »
It's a question of diplomacy and strategy, "humanity" hasn't much to do with that. For Turkey, defending its national unity, which implies opposing the Kurds, is also part of its own view on "humanity". Even ISIS is "capable" of being human.

Offline Gizmo

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gizmo
« Reply #191 on: October 04, 2014, 12:59:01 am »

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 04, 2014, 01:17:39 am »
Will the conflict take a new step?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-30/turkish-tanks-position-at-the-syrian-border/5777942
I was wondering when this would finally happen :D Worryingly, however, it does seem that the conflict is spreading West** (oopsie)...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 01:28:22 am by KL4R1N0G4MPR0S »
<3

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #193 on: October 04, 2014, 01:19:53 am »
There are a lot of countries on paper, but the active military fighter jets and bombers is actually quite small, when you compare the size of the targets all the way from Baghdad to Aleppo.  You also have to realize that with every Hornet, F-22 Raptor, B-1 Lancer, etc.. they are all accompanied by refueling craft, intelligence planes, and more in the air on every mission, its really a lower intensity air campaign compared to the higher/boots on the ground one in Iraq, even though we have spent nearly $1B.  But yea, that one battle in that one part of the region will most likely not be supported by airstrikes (at least to a higher capacity), as you need boots on the ground to verify those strikes, otherwise you could end up bombing civilians or allied troops; again not to mention the airstrikes spanning the entire region.  At this rate from the 1600 or so already on the ground (US), they will need more boots on the ground if they want to start a higher intensity campaign that actually weakens ISIS (we studying this in my ROTC class  ;D)

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 04, 2014, 01:22:56 am »
There are a lot of countries on paper, but the active military fighter jets and bombers is actually quite small, when you compare the size of the targets all the way from Baghdad to Aleppo.  You also have to realize that with every Hornet, F-22 Raptor, B-1 Lancer, etc.. they are all accompanied by refueling craft, intelligence planes, and more in the air on every mission, its really a lower intensity air campaign compared to the higher/boots on the ground one in Iraq, even though we have spent nearly $1B.  But yea, that one battle in that one part of the region will most likely not be supported by airstrikes (at least to a higher capacity), as you need boots on the ground to verify those strikes, otherwise you could end up bombing civilians or allied troops; again not to mention the airstrikes spanning the entire region.  At this rate from the 1600 or so already on the ground (US), they will need more boots on the ground if they want to start a higher intensity campaign that actually weakens ISIS (we studying this in my ROTC class  ;D)

karth I  did not know your in ROTC. So am I by the way however I am an MSL1 so not very far in it.
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]