Author Topic: Best Way to make houses?  (Read 1809 times)

Offline PigfacePotato

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Best Way to make houses?
« on: June 10, 2018, 10:15:26 am »
When building houses, adding walls, etc. What is the most efficient way to do it? I often find myself spending over a minute trying to line up one wall piece perfectly. The only tricks I know are Crt - R and G, but there has to be a better way. Also, some houses are bigger than the walls, do I have to scale the walls up to fit the house? I'm terribly dreadful at this and I'd like to get it done faster.

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
  • Nick: 47th_Cpt_Zebaad_Peritz
  • Side: Union
Re: Best Way to make houses?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 10:28:56 am »
 Hey man, sorry to say that you have figured out all the shortcuts and tricks, simply through practice I can assemble a house a lot faster than I used to be able to. The only other shortcut that can be used is inverting walls once you've lined them up, however DO  NOT do this on destructible props as they will glitch.

Also this should really have been posted in one of the pinned threads for mapping support, but I hope this helps ^ ;)

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Best Way to make houses?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 08:54:18 am »
Houses are pretty quick for me using Shift+R and then I also copy the Z height and paste it to the next one. So building a house, the outer walls, might take like 5-6 minutes for like 8 -12 walls. I also sometimes copy and paste the other either X or Y values depending on what I'm doing and how straight the house was when I first laid it out. You might have to resize, but good ol copy and paste works, I'll just remember the values and adjust them, sometimes after I "r" and then paste Z height.