Author Topic: Developer Blog 27 - Alpha Released!  (Read 83796 times)

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Developer Blog 27 - Alpha Released!
« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2016, 10:20:09 pm »
Pls no pyramids, I'm a slave and am still traumatised from losing everyone I know the last time I worked on one back in Egypt.
Those were some dark times.. Many brothers were lost to the ruthless overseers who muted and banned all who dare contradict the teachings of the great Squirrels.

rip

Offline Milky

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2016, 03:13:17 am »
Is there a download yet for this mod?

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2016, 07:25:55 am »
this is not a mod but a game

Offline Ghost9447

• First Lieutenant
  • A Pickle
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2016, 06:33:29 pm »
this is not a mod but a game

R u sure
I'm not going to spam anymore. I've tried to stop Ghost by fighting him with his own weapons - but I've failed. The Messhall is his again.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2016, 10:37:43 pm »

Offline 72ndPA

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2016, 05:53:16 am »
Any new  news ?

Offline ThePatriot98

• Lieutenant General
  • FOR THE UNION!!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USADominic
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2016, 11:54:38 pm »
Major of the 11th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment, 1st Division, 2nd "Eagle" Brigade

Offline Moldplayer

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19te_Pfd_Lt_McMoldy
« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2016, 07:07:34 am »
This is a bit off topic, but this concerns on how ranks will work in the new clan system. Will there be a set number of ranks, and will we be able to change the name of the ranks if we so desire?
Gott damnit moldy, my history page is never safe - 19te_Aussie

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2016, 10:15:53 am »
This is a bit off topic, but this concerns on how ranks will work in the new clan system. Will there be a set number of ranks, and will we be able to change the name of the ranks if we so desire?
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=993.0

I think they originally wanted set ranks but then conceded to the communitys opinion that custom ranks should be implimented

Spoiler
Regiment names are not going to be forced, but the ranks quite possibly are. This is not 100% due to historical accuracy.
The discussion (there was one, and it was lengthy) was centred around the benefits of giving freedom of choice over the benefits of for instance having a global rank structure. This means that everyone can easily see and recognise what a rank means, and we can use this system coupled with our medals and clan ranking to basically put another layer on the individual player. As in, instead of getting to call his private rank spacetrooperz.. He can instead be shown to be a Private of the 103rd (Fighting Dogs) and we can also show their clan rank, with his rewards, his medals etc.

With the sole exception of the Russians*, I've yet to see a ranking system that isn't easily recognisable. Thus the issue isn't very.. prominent in the community. The one space-based regiment I've run into (The 00th, of course.) has a very simple to understand system in place. I simply see no reason to restrict what ranks one could use simply because of a fringe-group of people, who haven't, as of yet, even appeared in the community.

[* This is with historically correct ranks, as well.]

Edit; And as a further note, I really don't see why ranks would even be important. Perhaps I am alone, but when I play games, I don't play them to show off that I'm a leader, but to enjoy the game itself. (Hence my lack of identifying signature, actually.)
Its kind of sad to see regiments that want to bring their own regiment into this new game but still keep their own ranks. For example the 00th, Imperial Eagle Clan, imperial Japanese army, Goons with Spontoons and the reddit. I think these regiments have unique ranks and regiment names and I would hope that they would be able to keep them.  Most of these regiments have supported NW and have never ruined my "immersion" in game. I feel its unfair to give them no choice but to change their regiment name or deal with these ranks.

Hmm... Since a lot of you people do not like the idea of "forced" ranks, I think it is best to make them a bit more dynamic...
[close]

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2016, 01:47:57 pm »
I don't quite understand the fuss. These ranks were never incooperated into the game before and now that some ranks can be incoorperated, people are pissed because their special, non-historical ranks can't be in the game? Pls.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2016, 05:20:34 pm »
I don't quite understand the fuss. These ranks were never incorporated into the game before and now that some ranks can be incorporated, people are pissed because their special, non-historical ranks can't be in the game? Pls.
I think the issue is the other way around.. people want to have their special, non historical ranks and don't want to be stuck with the ranks you guys incorporate into the game.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2016, 05:42:49 pm »
How is that the other way around?

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2016, 06:52:47 pm »
Freedom in ranks, max 20 slots that can be named whatever they want with a pre-set list of rank icons. So you can be a Grand Fusilier Marksmen with a gold Swastika ingame please.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2016, 07:14:43 pm »
Yea, I think the naming system/ranking should work the same as it does NW. That way you can adjust ranks and names to what fits your regiments needs plus it just gives your regiment a personality.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2016, 09:54:18 pm »
Freedum!