Author Topic: [NEWS] The NW TaleWorlds Sub-Forum is not closing down.  (Read 12985 times)

Offline Kator Viridian

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [NEWS] The NW TaleWorlds Sub-Forum is not closing down.
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2012, 11:50:15 pm »
I think the only reason why people did is because we were told that we have 1 week to move and all of the game resources (patches, Info) threads were deleted.

Pretty much how I saw it.

Never the less, I will still be using both forums. Luckily TW is blessed with a group of very active moderators who will keep an eye on the NW forums as well as the rest of the forum.

Aye same here moogs, when you have a twisting of the arm there is not much you can do ... 2 options really "Do and keep it or don't and lose it"

Lust will cover the TW NW boards.

And Lust is a very good admin, I'm also pretty sure if there were enough people still using Taleworlds (Which there probably will be as its first contact for new players seen as the first thing they see is "Taleworlds", I doubt FSE will be getting much of a look into new players coming in apart from their slim amount of Money) so admins from FSE will more than likely be popping on anyway.

It would be more beneifical to keep an eye on both forums now that the options have opened up, creating floodgates and opening dosn't mean all the water ends up on one side ... it evens out.

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
  • Nick: MaHuD
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2012, 11:29:55 am »
I don't plan to leave either of these forums, so redirecting people won't be a problem. :P
[18:51] <Evanovic> Mahud can I nominate you for best villian 2013?

Offline Comando96

• First Sergeant
  • If you see my name somewhere, it's most likely me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Comando96
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2012, 05:09:41 am »
And no one is forcing the players to port to this forum...altough all Devs, Mods, and Admins left the TW forum

Err... I'm sorry but... surely you must see the self defeating statement you have made there...

No once forced you to join the army... however if you don't then you'll [go to prison for poaching] / [starve as you have no profession]...

I would be fine with a move, however please be damn honest about what you were playing at here...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 05:16:27 am by Comando96 »

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
  • Side: Union
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2012, 06:21:23 am »
Yea.  I will always need to refer back to the old forum for some old threads/posts I have there, old maps and private messages, etc...

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2012, 01:46:38 pm »
Well regardless of what is said the real reason(s) for moving forums are blatantly obvious.

If vince had said that they will be making their own forums as well as the TW one in the first place I do not believe that people would have left TW, I think the only reason why people did is because we were told that we have 1 week to move and all of the game resources (patches, Info) threads were deleted.
+1
I somewhat enjoyed the large community of TW but I enjoy that FSE's website isn't blocked on my school internet since its new.

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
  • Nick: MaHuD
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2012, 02:36:15 pm »
Why would your school block taleworlds?
[18:51] <Evanovic> Mahud can I nominate you for best villian 2013?

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2012, 04:31:27 pm »
Why would your school block taleworlds?
Something about students stealing bandwidth for non educational purposes. I'm happy I can browse FSE in boredom.

Spoiler
They don't officially say its stealing but I think the IT person blocked a bunch of sites in the start of the year.
[close]

Offline bdd458

• Second Lieutenant
  • I write words on the internet.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_KF_Mks_Gen_Illuminati
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2012, 05:09:21 am »
I'm kind of glad, as it didn't make much sense for a TW product to not be on their on forums at all.
The 8th is not dead! Proud Colonel of the WWI and Blood and Iron/Verdun regiment 84th Infantrie d'regiment [both are recruiting. Add calicoyoda on Steam if you want to join either]