Author Topic: NW Community - Where are they now???  (Read 31266 times)

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
  • Side: Neutral
NW Community - Where are they now???
« on: December 13, 2018, 12:36:45 am »
Pretty bored and I’ve been reminiscing on the good old days wondering. what have the teenage kids we started as grown into?

Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of):
What games do you play now?:
Any unit/regiment type infrastructure?:
Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying):
What do you do in the real world (job/hobbies):

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NW Community - Where are they now???
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 12:46:30 am »
Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of): Various of my own regiments, started in the PSG back in mid 2014 and joined the 1stIR in late 2014 when I was literally 14. Made my own regiment in May of 2015. More notable regiments: 74th (18e), 18e, 6teSLR, 30th.
What games do you play now?: Mostly SP games or Paradox games with some close friends when I have the time.
Any unit/regiment type infrastructure?: Not really in Paradox games. Eventually I plan to get involved with regiments again, but for the time being I'm dedicating most of my time to studies.
Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying): Eh. Depends if I have the time. I do plan to at least make an effort for Bannerlord. Not sure about BCoF quite yet.
What do you do in the real world (job/hobbies): Currently attending a community college studying Information Technology. I plan to go down the Routing or Network Security path.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 12:57:21 am by ~Midnight~ »

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 12:56:21 am »
It was a follow up question to the what games you play. Like how there are units in ARMA or Squad things like that

« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 01:00:34 am by Rutger Müller »

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 12:57:37 am »
It was a follow up question to the what games you play. Like how there are units in ARMA or Squad things like that

I figured but I just wanted to be sure. Thank you. :D

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 01:01:06 am »
Also for the network security just try to work on the certifications and job experience. My dad hires for the IT department in the Dept of Treasury and told me to just get sec+, CCNA and a year of experience

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 01:02:43 am »
I'll keep that in mind for Network Security. I don't really know what I want to specialize in currently, but I did hear that Routing has some of the big bucks.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 01:06:23 am »
Could do that but it’s best to future proof yourself and try to build on your knowledge. It’s one of the fastest changing industries so I’ve been told to learn as much of everything as possible so you always have an understanding and you won’t get left in the dust when suddenly your specific field of expertise is no longer the money maker

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 01:08:55 am »
Could do that but it’s best to future proof yourself and try to build on your knowledge. It’s one of the fastest changing industries so I’ve been told to learn as much of everything as possible so you always have an understanding and you won’t get left in the dust when suddenly your specific field of expertise is no longer the money maker

Yeah, I get that. I doubt Routing will suddenly drop off sometime soon but it would never hurt to be prepared. Just means I'll have to study more xD.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 01:17:54 am »
Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of): the 3DM boys/Andee reg/Fancy reg/Maccle’s Butt buddy. Just a dude that enjoyed leading line battles, not really much of a group fighter. I usually end up getting bored and using meme tactics
What games do you play now?: none really because there’s not a lot that appeal to me. Been playing BF5 and the occasional game of counter strike
Any unit/regiment type infrastructure?: no was thinking of getting back into that sort of stuff
Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying): can’t wait for bannerlord and the shitty NW mods people will try to make as quickly as possible
What do you do in the real world (job/hobbies): Currently still in the Marines stationed at Camp Pendleton in Southern California. My MOS is 0671 I mostly do small scale Server and Network administration at the Battalion level. Also got married this year

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2018, 02:14:07 am »

Yeah, I get that. I doubt Routing will suddenly drop off sometime soon but it would never hurt to be prepared. Just means I'll have to study more xD.
If you're working with computers and routing you're gonna wanna know how to do networking in general and being in a domain and all that shit so learning other shit like databases, programming, IT stuff, etc. is definitely extremely helpful and widens your job pool to get hired pretty much for whatever company.

Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of): the 3DM boys/Andee reg/Fancy reg/Maccle’s Butt buddy. Just a dude that enjoyed leading line battles, not really much of a group fighter. I usually end up getting bored and using meme tactics
What games do you play now?: none really because there’s not a lot that appeal to me. Been playing BF5 and the occasional game of counter strike
Any unit/regiment type infrastructure?: no was thinking of getting back into that sort of stuff
Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying): can’t wait for bannerlord and the shitty NW mods people will try to make as quickly as possible
What do you do in the real world (job/hobbies): Currently still in the Marines stationed at Camp Pendleton in Southern California. My MOS is 0671 I mostly do small scale Server and Network administration at the Battalion level. Also got married this year
wow that was fast a young gun like yourself and you're already married huh

not that anybody should care or anything but here:
Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of): PSG, 30th were the 2 biggies
What games do you play now?: UHhhh  for PC I play league rn but ill prolly get bored of it, tryna get into warframe, starcraft, strategy/fighting games, still merc NW weekly.
Any unit/regiment type infrastructure?: no none right now
Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying): im still here bb and 100% yes
What do you do in the real world (job/hobbies): In college for computer systems with heavy emphasis on network  admining, I train like mma stuff with Mitch Gagnon(UFC)  , uhh ye
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 06:54:58 am by Windflower »

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2018, 11:55:44 am »
Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of): 8th Kings, 104th, 3teSLR, 84th, 6teSLR, 79e, 12th, 15thYR

What games do you play now?: Still on NW ( help ),  Paradox Games ( stellaris, eu4, ck2 ), 7 days to die. Other random shit with the 6te / 15th.

Just regular NW setup.

Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying):
I don't know how much longer IL be playing NW but will definitely try bannerlord.

What do you do in the real world (job/hobbies): Work in the IT Dept of my local hospital. Tech Support / Networking / Systems admin. Studying CCNA on the side. Hobbies wise just a bit of cycling, keeping track of the football, used to play but not anymore ( injury prone life chose me ).  Other than that just chilling with the gf.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 11:57:28 am by Eamon »

Offline Jayke

• Major
  • Jayke
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr.55 l Hursty l FP Jayke
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2018, 03:28:51 pm »
Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of): 8th Kings, 104th, 3teSLR, 84th, 6teSLR, 79e, 12th, 15thYR

What games do you play now?: Still on NW ( help ),  Paradox Games ( stellaris, eu4, ck2 ), 7 days to die. Other random shit with the 6te / 15th.

Just regular NW setup.

I don't know how much longer IL be playing NW but will definitely try bannerlord.

What do you do in the real world (job/hobbies): Work in the IT Dept of my local hospital. Tech Support / Networking / Systems admin. Studying CCNA on the side. Hobbies wise just a bit of cycling, keeping track of the football, used to play but not anymore ( injury prone life chose me ).  Other than that just chilling with the gf.
Who let you off the leash you mad bastard

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2018, 03:30:51 pm »
I'm nowhere

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2018, 09:38:12 pm »
Guess i gotta be the first eu. No one knows mehr anyway
Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of): started when I was 15 in the Spartans the joined 72nd and after their demise Nr12
What games do you play now?: a Bit of stellaris and Smite now and then, but i barely have time nowadays
Any unit/regiment type infrastructure?: nah
Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying): probably not
What do you do in the real world (job/hobbies): Im currently Training to become a Policeman. That essentially takes up my entire time

I met 3 of my best friends on here, kinda weird but I dont regret a minute of this game. Essentially everyone in this game was very nice, and a few People really helped me mature.
Thank you all
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2018, 09:55:53 pm »
Where you from? (Most notable regs/what group you were apart of): 63e, 71st, and Nr8
What games do you play now?: MOWAS 2 (robz realism mod though), Wargame Red Dragon, Paradox Games (but mostly CK2 and HOI4)
Any unit/regiment type infrastructure?: I hang out with most of my old 63e friends like Offizer, PJ, Thompson, CSDerp, and a few others in a discord.
Are you coming back to the community when BCoF or Bannerlord comes out? (>implying): Will make bannerlord videos for youtube money; BCoF is never coming out but I have hope that some mod for bannerlord will be made by these blokes.
What do you do in the real world (job/hobbies): I'm a receptionist in an office while I attend college. I'm hoping to apply for nursing school and get in during the fall of 2019. Turned 21 on the 10th and I've been legally killing my liver ever since.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]