Author Topic: Let's discuss: Reenacting!  (Read 231533 times)

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Let's discuss: Reenacting!
« Reply #1395 on: October 07, 2014, 08:32:50 pm »
you both still don't know shit

Hi, I am shit, nice to meet you.

Also, nice strawman. We never said we did.
Also, gg for the way you treat people who are genuinly interested in your hobby.
You seem to only confirm that re-enactors are full of themselves.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: October 07, 2014, 08:35:32 pm »
You guys give a great first impression to people who are interested in your hobby.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #1397 on: October 07, 2014, 08:36:47 pm »
You guys give a great first impression to people who are interested in your hobby.

Prepare for the organised sound of rustled jimmies.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1398 on: October 07, 2014, 08:41:16 pm »
Oh, just because I don't reenact means I cannot post here? Seems fair. It's cool that you guys reenact but sometimes you act like some sort of "master race." Insulting and shunning people away who aren't 110% historically accurate or correct when they reenact and aren't "superior" like you guys. You also assume that people who haven't dedicated their time and money to reenacting know nothing about it.

This is not directed to everyone who posts here, only a select few who believe that they are "better" than everyone else because they have the time and money to always be historically accurate when they reenact. And apparently have "infinite knowledge" when it comes to this stuff.

I have been to several Civl War reenactments as a spectator, but I have never participated because I don't have the time or money for it.

+1
Let people do what they want to do.

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #1399 on: October 07, 2014, 08:48:10 pm »
It's a forum, you can discuss things on a forum...  last time I checked...

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
« Reply #1400 on: October 07, 2014, 08:50:30 pm »
Oh, just because I don't reenact means I cannot post here? Seems fair. It's cool that you guys reenact but sometimes you act like some sort of "master race." Insulting and shunning people away who aren't 110% historically accurate or correct when they reenact and aren't "superior" like you guys. You also assume that people who haven't dedicated their time and money to reenacting know nothing about it.

This is not directed to everyone who posts here, only a select few who believe that they are "better" than everyone else because they have the time and money to always be historically accurate when they reenact. And apparently have "infinite knowledge" when it comes to this stuff.

I have been to several Civl War reenactments as a spectator, but I have never participated because I don't have the time or money for it.

+1

+1 too.

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: October 07, 2014, 08:51:02 pm »
Personal attacks and insults on people who don't agree with you is not a form of discussion.

you both still don't know shit

Also, if you don't reenact, gtfo...

Several others..

Remember guys, its called a "hobby" for a reason. You do it for fun. Just because someone doesnt have the money to do reenacting or be 100% historically accurate while doing it doesn't give you the right to harass and insult them.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 09:10:48 pm by Pineapple »

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
« Reply #1402 on: October 07, 2014, 09:11:08 pm »
Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #1403 on: October 07, 2014, 09:12:06 pm »

+1

+1 too.

Totally agreed
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #1404 on: October 07, 2014, 09:24:22 pm »
I don't mind the fact that you want to talk about it, but when you provide nothing but nonsense in a discussion between reenactors discussing the use of tents and whatnot, it's annoying and irritating for many of us. You guys have not done what we have done, to the extremes that some of us have done... If that makes up me full of myself for doing that, then whatever... I nearly went to the hospital after my FIRST event ever, because I had hypothermia. Luckily, I managed to warm my body enough before I had to leave the event to avoid going to the hospital. Some of us take this hobby very seriously, and I am one of them. I don't joke around for shit about the things I do. The only problem with me, which I have been working on and continue to work on, is my weight. Once that's set, I'll fit in even better.

Offline Wolff

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: October 07, 2014, 09:31:52 pm »
it's annoying and irritating for many of us

for you and two other reenactment master race muricans. plox gib more freedom to reenactment.

Seriously, riddelz and pineapple seem to be the smartest guys in this thread :D

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1406 on: October 07, 2014, 10:03:51 pm »
I like how you guys avoid sleeping without tent because of the damp.

While wool blanket is there to keep you warm and gum blanket to keep you dry.  Now before you try fight back by saying nap war is way earlier than ACW. My buddy Brent sitz does Rev War and he too has a rubberized ground sheet. So, you telling me that nap war decided to drop that certain piece of equipment?

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #1407 on: October 07, 2014, 10:18:08 pm »
it's annoying and irritating for many of us

for you and two other reenactment master race muricans. plox gib more freedom to reenactment.

Seriously, riddelz and pineapple seem to be the smartest guys in this thread :D

Seems like you EU boys and girls are just so fucking different than the way we do it in America. Lern 2 hardcore pl0x

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: October 07, 2014, 10:36:56 pm »
I like how you guys avoid sleeping without tent because of the damp.

While wool blanket is there to keep you warm and gum blanket to keep you dry.  Now before you try fight back by saying nap war is way earlier than ACW. My buddy Brent sitz does Rev War and he too has a rubberized ground sheet. So, you telling me that nap war decided to drop that certain piece of equipment?

Yes, definitely. No such items were ever issued to French (or Dutch) units.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #1409 on: October 07, 2014, 11:11:15 pm »
Gum blankets in Europe? :P  Not at that time, no.

Anyway, I found some nice pics. Wish I was there.

Spoiler

[close]