Author Topic: Let's discuss: Reenacting!  (Read 231548 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Let's discuss: Reenacting!
« Reply #825 on: June 04, 2014, 04:00:17 pm »
Ze Soviet ranks are swelling. Soon Landrik and Ethan will be unable to resist the urge to join the Red Ranks any longer. Then, George and Joer, Vorposten and Wolfy...and before long...ZAC! MUWHAHAHAHAH

SLAVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
  • Side: Union
« Reply #826 on: June 04, 2014, 04:07:44 pm »
Okay, okay, I admit.

WW2 reenactments look pretty darn kewl.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Captain America

• Second Lieutenant
  • One realm, one God, one King!
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: June 04, 2014, 04:19:01 pm »
Gotta say, the greatest purchase I've ever made is the soviet field mug. It's basically blackened on the inside from near constant use holding everything from pivo to coke. Thinking of scratching the name of some lovely zhenshchina on it to differentiate it a bit but I'm torn between Zoya and Alina at the moment, and inkling on what'd look better?

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: June 04, 2014, 04:45:04 pm »
*sings to self* haha  @Duuring
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 04:52:08 pm by zac »

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 04, 2014, 04:55:24 pm »
Shhh, comrade Zac. It will all be over soon.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #830 on: June 04, 2014, 04:58:36 pm »
Ze Soviet ranks are swelling. Soon Landrik and Ethan will be unable to resist the urge to join the Red Ranks any longer. Then, George and Joer, Vorposten and Wolfy...and before long...ZAC! MUWHAHAHAHAH

SLAVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

I refuse...........................only because the local soviet unit are the gayest men you will ever meet. 

#ProudToBeDeutsch  #Lebensraum #CommunismFailed  #StalinHasADildoinHisAss 

not really though  :(  The soviet unit dressed up with 90's soviet equipment. Trust me I know that shit because I wanted a 90's impression for airsoft.  I'm going to make my German unit a secondary unit and making L Company, 16th IR - 1st ID my main unit next year.  All my 4 grandparent and uncles gonna be proud.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: June 04, 2014, 05:03:31 pm »
So are American impressions basically taboo among respectable ww2 reenactors? Seems like it's considered kind of a copout.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: June 04, 2014, 05:11:36 pm »
huh what? sorry?  Uhhh no. I'm doing US GI because i am a living historian. I want to do all the sides. I do Union and Confederate. So I want to do US GI and German Heer. I would love to do british as well.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 04, 2014, 05:36:07 pm »
Alright alright, I was just wondering what the general sentiment was. I have no personal opinion whatsoever - I just thought it could be possible that some people would avoid American units because they were too run of the mill or whatever. Fair enough though, I suppose the type of people to reenact wouldn't exactly care about that kind of thing

Offline Captain America

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 04, 2014, 05:55:08 pm »

huh what? sorry?  Uhhh no. I'm doing US GI because i am a living historian. I want to do all the sides. I do Union and Confederate. So I want to do US GI and German Heer. I would love to do british as well.
Or, tovarish, you could join the dark side! We have vodka, cheap guns, and trusty T-34s!

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 04, 2014, 05:57:25 pm »
Or, tovarish, you could join the dark side! We have vodka, cheap guns, and rusty T-34s!

Offline Captain America

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: June 04, 2014, 06:06:07 pm »
Rusty IS trusty until the shells start flying!

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 04, 2014, 06:12:38 pm »
Alright alright, I was just wondering what the general sentiment was. I have no personal opinion whatsoever - I just thought it could be possible that some people would avoid American units because they were too run of the mill or whatever. Fair enough though, I suppose the type of people to reenact wouldn't exactly care about that kind of thing

Ohhhh I get it.  I had the same thought, thats why I did German first since I was able to find a progressive unit.  After doing 4 events so far, I finally found a progressive GI unit. Americans are easily more to be annoying than Germans. Cuz everyone is like fuck yeah america. But there is still some great GI unit somewhere, ya gotta dig around.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #838 on: June 04, 2014, 06:16:52 pm »
Russian tanks are best tanks.

Wait did I just said that? Oh god, they are taking over my mind. MUST. RESIST.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 04, 2014, 06:18:00 pm »

Ohhhh I get it.  I had the same thought, thats why I did German first since I was able to find a progressive unit.  After doing 4 events so far, I finally found a progressive GI unit. Americans are easily more to be annoying than Germans. Cuz everyone is like fuck yeah america. But there is still some great GI unit somewhere, ya gotta dig around.
Ah yeah, that was sort of my impression as well. I talked to my uncle who's a reenactor in the Midwest and he said he didn't like a lot of American units because they didn't take their impressions as seriously as the German and Soviet guys. I guess it varies greatly though.