Author Topic: Let's discuss: Reenacting!  (Read 232744 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Let's discuss: Reenacting!
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2014, 05:57:42 pm »
Oh joy, I can barrow saddle and horsegear for event next week. It'll be so much swaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!

Now I just have to learn how to gear my horse up, Napoleonic style.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
  • Side: Union
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2014, 06:22:37 pm »
I don't know who you are, Duuring.

But at Bourtange, I will find you and I will meet you.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2014, 10:09:48 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

"Ihre Söhne um Schutz für Vaterland Begleiten Sie uns heute! 275th Infanterie Division"   lol wot m8 ???

No idea, asked a kamerad what i should put there, he just gave me this. 

I wanted to say Die Schlacht um Aachen.  But i just found out that event wasnt really purely Aachen-based.  Just a generic 1944-45 Last Stand of the Reich scenario.   

I think its suppose to say "Your sons at guard for Fatherland. Join us today! 275th Infanterie Division."

Spoiler
[close]
Living in Germany for a year i can tell you that is some of the worst German language abuse Ive seen in a while.

In other news I might attend a reenactment event in montmirail France end of May.

Offline Mortem

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [10th] Mortem
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2014, 10:11:58 pm »
In other news I might attend a reenactment event in montmirail France end of May.
AWESOME! I will be there aswell :D
Spoiler
btw i will get my new shoes next week :P
[close]
WiWaWølff: unehrenhaft im nahkampf durch ein bajonett gestorben und nicht absolut ehren- und heldenhaft weit weg des Kampfes auf einem artilleriegaul von einer kanonenkugle zerfezt...moment

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2014, 10:16:45 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

"Ihre Söhne um Schutz für Vaterland Begleiten Sie uns heute! 275th Infanterie Division"   lol wot m8 ???

I wanted to say Die Schlacht um Aachen.  But i just found out that event wasnt really purely Aachen-based.  Just a generic 1944-45 Last Stand of the Reich scenario.   

I think its suppose to say "Your sons at guard for Fatherland. Join us today! 275th Infanterie Division."

Spoiler
[close]
Living in Germany for a year i can tell you that is some of the worst German language abuse Ive seen in a while.

Now I am going to ask him if he used Google Translate for this.   

/note to self, better to ask a native German speaker for translation, not another American.  ::)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2014, 11:46:58 pm »
I don't know who you are, Duuring.

But at Bourtange, I will find you and I will meet you.

Find the guy on a horse under the age of 30. Can't miss me.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2014, 02:45:58 am »
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Vince you should write about your experience at Leipzig. I believe were friends on Facebook and I saw your pictures from that event.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2014, 06:37:32 am »
Also a photo of me just after firing a shot from behind a rock.
Spoiler
[close]

A question to all you other guys. If there was a unit/impression you would like to portray in your in whatever your main period is what would it be? I would love to do western Federal or the 24th Massachusetts.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2014, 01:07:03 pm »
If I was in a far better physical shape, I would absolutely love to portray a WWII German Fallschirmjaeger. My great-grandfather was a Fallschirmjaeger, and I just have this thing for Fjr's. If Napoleonic Reenacting was much more popular here in the US, I would absolutely do that, and probably do an Austrian or French impression.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2014, 01:44:54 pm »
The Doauniers (that group, yes) are apparently thinking about doing Field division of fallschirmjagers/luftwaffe. Multi-period yeeh.

The groups president, who also happens to be the commanding officer, site maintenance and researcher, already has been to one or two WW2 events with the uniform of a luftwaffe officer. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

To counter that, me and a buddy, who does musician in the 7th Bat. of the line, are probably gonna join a Soviet group  :P

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2014, 03:49:37 pm »
I would love to portray 5th Florida of the Florida Brigade. A small but spartan band!  :D

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2014, 03:53:30 pm »
Anything British, I freaking love British Napoleontic uniforms. And perhaps if I was in better shape a 80 Years War/30 years war/ English Civil War unit.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2014, 05:18:02 pm »
Company C, 26th North Carolina Regiment. "The Wilkes Volunteers." Gotta represent the home folks first. ;)

Totally not an excuse for subscribing to the thread.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2014, 05:37:23 pm »
Anything British, I freaking love British Napoleontic uniforms. And perhaps if I was in better shape a 80 Years War/30 years war/ English Civil War unit.

Do the 8th Line in 1814. They wore British uniforms. Which they were given by the Prussians. Makes sense eh?

Offline Ililsa

• Major
  • This knife of Sheffield steel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retired_Ililsa
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2014, 07:31:04 pm »
Given that 3 or 4 years down the line it's entirely possible (perhaps a little unlikely) that I could be portraying an English Knight, we'll rule that one out.

Keeping it within the Medieval era rather than going into the Dark Ages (I wouldn't mind portraying a Northumbrian during Oswald's reign) then perhaps a monastic knightly order would be cool to have as an impression.
Crawling back to you,
Ever thought of calling when you've had a few? 'cause I always do.
FUCKING MEDIEVAL HIPSTERS