Author Topic: Developer Blog #3 - Revival Plans, Iron Europe 2.0  (Read 50211 times)

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Developer Blog #3 - Revival Plans, Iron Europe 2.0
« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2014, 09:34:42 am »
Anything new?

apparently they have a release date for this but they wont tell us... probably because they cant promise anything.

Offline Baillie

• Second Lieutenant
  • Baillie
    • View Profile
    • Iron Europe
  • Nick: Baillie
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2014, 12:45:01 pm »
Anything new?

If you're looking for something new, there is no point asking on an out of date update ;)

Try developer blog 4, have you not already seen it?

Anything new?

apparently they have a release date for this but they wont tell us... probably because they cant promise anything.

We don't have a release date at all. Who told you that? Or if we do, I have not been told, and I'm the main coder, so that would be pretty wierd...
Steam profile.                    Iron Europe Developer.
NW Immersion Mod. -  UPDATE RELEASED 26/09/2015

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
  • Royal Engineers Commander and IE Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 30, 2014, 12:53:32 pm »
Anything new?

If you're looking for something new, there is no point asking on an out of date update ;)

Anything new?

We don't have a release date at all. Who told you that? Or if we do, I have not been told, and I'm the main coder, so that would be pretty wierd...

Nobody has even uttered the word release date to me?!?!

Offline Baillie

• Second Lieutenant
  • Baillie
    • View Profile
    • Iron Europe
« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2014, 12:54:28 pm »
Anything new?

Anything new?

Nobody has even uttered the word release date to me?!?!

I would really like to know where this has come from..

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
  • Side: Union
« Reply #139 on: August 30, 2014, 06:20:29 pm »
People like to make up stuff and then spread it around saying that they heard it from someone else.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 31, 2014, 01:56:01 pm »
People like to make up stuff and then spread it around saying that they heard it from someone else.

Rumour has it that this mod is ded.
Cri homez.
<3

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
  • Royal Engineers Commander and IE Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 31, 2014, 02:43:51 pm »

Cri homez.

What?!?!? Did you hear that guys?!? The mod is dead! I guess we will have to stop making stuff for it then... :P I joke of course, no the mod is not dead. :)

Offline Baillie

• Second Lieutenant
  • Baillie
    • View Profile
    • Iron Europe
« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2014, 04:27:07 pm »

Cri homez.

What's your problem? Aren't you one of the people who declared the mod dead based upon the fact that there was no surrender animation?

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2014, 04:34:17 pm »

Cri homez.

What's your problem? Aren't you one of the people who declared the mod dead based upon the fact that there was no surrender animation?

Lolwut? You serious, when did I say that? Go fix the mod, get some players, and then complain.
Spoiler
And a surrender animation would be a nice addition, but that doesn't necessarily define a game or mod ffs
[close]
<3

Offline Baillie

• Second Lieutenant
  • Baillie
    • View Profile
    • Iron Europe
« Reply #144 on: August 31, 2014, 04:37:07 pm »
If you want us to get some players, then why do you go around exclaiming that the mod is dead?

Please, either complain about low populations, or spread that it's dead, but not both!

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 31, 2014, 04:58:46 pm »
If you want us to get some players, then why do you go around exclaiming that the mod is dead?

Please, either complain about low populations, or spread that it's dead, but not both!

The only thing that I ever experienced in I.E. (when released) was the lag, the lag, the trolls, the lag, and the 600m pistol headsh0ts.
So now I'm kinda "meh" (universal sound of disinterest) when I hear people talking about IE. Im sad to say that Ive lost interest :'(

On a serious note, I hope that you have undertood by this point that most people (casual players) dowloaded IE at launch, played it a bit, got a shit impression, and promptly pressed Alt-F4 and went back to NW. Also, the active NW player base is slowly declining, which is why so many NW only mods have low player counts, or are as dead as the zombies I killed this morning in L4D 2. A lot of work needs to go primarily into trying to change IE's image, in order to get people to try it just because of good publicity, nothing else.

Spoiler
Low player counts = dead as a dodo. Im complaining about the same thing. If you think that a) I actually care enough about IE to "spread the word"  that it's dead, or b) People will read just my comment and immediately become convinved that the mod is ded without further investigation, then, well, you are deluded.
[close]
<3

Offline DanyEle

• Board Moderator
  • Sssh! I'm coding, don't disturb :D
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DanyEle
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #146 on: August 31, 2014, 05:37:17 pm »
My dear Klaringos, your post seems to be exactly what you posted some weeks ago.

At release IE, had a shitload of problems. Now, some of them fixed, it still has more.
I abandoned it soon after release, but some of my "complaints" were:
Lag above 120 players- Only two factions with not a great number of troops between the two - Lag - OP snipers - OP pistols/revolvers at medium range (so accurate and no bullet drop? Why? ) - Lag - Reasonable variety of maps, but nothing earthshattering - overwhelming focus on Conquest mode - Lag - Trolls who threw grenades into packed trenches and left, gettng tens of teamkills at once - Lag - Medics, and loss of health if injured (led to even more trolling) - Lag - No Naval maps (say sea invasions like GALLIPOLI and the Anzacs, for example) - Lag - No melee at all, and the little needed in the trenches mostly was fucked due to the lag - No admins on the less populated servers - rapid community disinterest after a few days - Lag.

I hope this mod picks up a bit... before Warband dies as a game :D
I do believe we have all understood why Iron Europe sucked so badly, but why dont you start changing your mind yourself, instead of complaining the entire day? The Development Team is actually putting some effort into getting some sort of community back for this mod by organizing events, releasing Developer blogs and actively playing on the Official servers. In fact, there has been a good response from the players, and the server population has been steadily increasing throughout the last few weeks. Also some new regiments have started getting back to training on official servers, and we're trying to help them by putting servers at the players' disposal. Why don't you help you, and spread some good publicity too instead of complaining?  "Want something done good? Do it yourself!". Before i forget, the surrender animation, along with a few other "RP" animations have been implemented in 1.21 patch.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 05:38:59 pm by DanyEle »

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 31, 2014, 05:50:35 pm »
My dear Klaringos, your post seems to be exactly what you posted some weeks ago.

At release IE, had a shitload of problems. Now, some of them fixed, it still has more.
I abandoned it soon after release, but some of my "complaints" were:
Lag above 120 players- Only two factions with not a great number of troops between the two - Lag - OP snipers - OP pistols/revolvers at medium range (so accurate and no bullet drop? Why? ) - Lag - Reasonable variety of maps, but nothing earthshattering - overwhelming focus on Conquest mode - Lag - Trolls who threw grenades into packed trenches and left, gettng tens of teamkills at once - Lag - Medics, and loss of health if injured (led to even more trolling) - Lag - No Naval maps (say sea invasions like GALLIPOLI and the Anzacs, for example) - Lag - No melee at all, and the little needed in the trenches mostly was fucked due to the lag - No admins on the less populated servers - rapid community disinterest after a few days - Lag.

I hope this mod picks up a bit... before Warband dies as a game :D
I do believe we have all understood why Iron Europe sucked so badly, but why dont you start changing your mind yourself, instead of complaining the entire day? The Development Team is actually putting some effort into getting some sort of community back for this mod by organizing events, releasing Developer blogs and actively playing on the Official servers. In fact, there has been a good response from the players, and the server population has been steadily increasing throughout the last few weeks. Also some new regiments have started getting back to training on official servers, and we're trying to help them by putting servers at the players' disposal. Why don't you help you, and spread some good publicity too instead of complaining?  "Want something done good? Do it yourself!". Before i forget, the surrender animation, along with a few other "RP" animations have been implemented in 1.21 patch.

How thoughtful of you to quote that here, Danielle.
I'm aware that this mod's community has picked up, yet, for obvious reasons, I will not advertise or promote anything which I havent even played. You have others to lie on your behalf.
When/If the I.E. 2.0 patch comes out, marking, hopefully, a new era for the mod, then I will try it, give feedback, tell my classmates about it, host a huge billboard on the highways displaying it, write to the media to inform them, etc. etc. But for now, you have work to do, and sadly the mod is far from puurfect.

Im sure that any feedback I could possibly give has already been mentioned on this glorious board somewhere, so, well, happy coding I suppose. Im curious to see if and how this mod can be saved.

Spoiler
Pr0 T1p: Do not set the friendly fire to 100% on public servers, ever. Or you will see the largest influx of trolls ever known to our community.
[close]
<3

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #148 on: August 31, 2014, 08:29:28 pm »
Im sure that any feedback I could possibly give has already been mentioned on this glorious board somewhere, so, well, happy coding I suppose. I'm curious to see if and how this mod can be saved.
Hm. 15-30 players on public servers daily for almost a month and 100+ players for events almost three weeks. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that the mod has been saved already.

Offline EdwardC

• Donator
  • Cyberbullying + Memes = FSE Forums
    • View Profile
    • 9th East Norfolk
« Reply #149 on: September 01, 2014, 04:04:28 am »
Im sure that any feedback I could possibly give has already been mentioned on this glorious board somewhere, so, well, happy coding I suppose. I'm curious to see if and how this mod can be saved.
Hm. 15-30 players on public servers daily for almost a month and 100+ players for events almost three weeks. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that the mod has been saved already.

FUNNY that it's NA players playing the mod, on bloody EU servers. The only NA server is deathmatch... -.-