Author Topic: Help wanted for upcomming Napoleonic Wars patch  (Read 54248 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Help wanted for upcomming Napoleonic Wars patch
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2017, 04:58:33 pm »
Is there actually any point in adding new units to a game that's well sad to say but dying? Of course, I am a fan of your work Vince I truly do appreciate all the time and effort that you've spent into developing not only the game but the community itself, I just feel that there isn't any needs to patch the game, many would disagree with me and I respect their opinions but this is my opinion, I feel like you might as well just put the time into BCoF.
Vince said he won't be putting much work into this it will be thunderstormer doing most of it I believe.
Exactly, I'm working hard on BCOF, but you guys in the community could get together and make a patch to make the game better, why not right?
I would be interested in the idea of putting forward a team that could on a somewhat regular basis puts out community made maps, units and scripts etc. Kinda like what Roblox does, tons of game modes that alot of kids play that were made by the community.

Could do something like a community spotlight every month, 1 unit, 1 script/mod (Maybe? Admin tools by Kannade is a good example) and 1 map then implement them on a monthly or quarterly basis? Do that for a year while everyone waits for BCoF and Bannerlord. I know at least 50 people that would play if they knew the game was having some life breathed into it.

Would also be absolutely minimal effort by the FSE team to focus on their project. Along with still keeping the game smooth. They are just maps and units/skins. Only for a year, not indefintely. I know the reason people are turned off by this game isn't the mechanics or (very minimal) bugs, its the lack of content, the same thing every other day for what, 3 years is tedious :)
Like freelancers?
Yeah, just bringing together the vast modding community. Perhaps do what WoT has done, "Community Contributers"  ? Have them run the spotlight?

Have them as the people who have actually contributed over the years. I.e myself, Herishey, DasBrot just to name a couple of them.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Blaze

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blaze
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2017, 05:16:19 pm »
I mean my brain is too thin to texture ect, I'm learning Photoshop currently so I could help out that side, but ye Community Contributors sounds like a good idea.
[5th] alax has changed their name to I give up fuck this.
Blaze has a small peepee, but atleast he doesn't ban me like a manchild

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2017, 05:28:11 pm »
What about that one bug where sometimes at spawn there's an invisible wall you can run behind that the other team can't get to?

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2017, 05:41:41 pm »
What about that one bug where sometimes at spawn there's an invisible wall you can run behind that the other team can't get to?
If its a custom map then its not a bug..
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2017, 07:58:52 pm »
Apologies if some of these have been said or commented on,

1) Fix the animation bug (sideblocks etc when you can't see them)
2) Give the models legs,
3) There is a wall which lets you walk through it, (I'll find it soon)

In regards to requests:

- Admins can see both dead and live all chat at all times?
- More than 20 custom maps if possible
- The ability to select a custom map in game instead of having to restart the server etc.
- Teamhitting damage log outputs.

If I can think of more, I'll post some.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2017, 08:19:59 pm »
A community tailored patch huh? This is really minor but how about the 33rd Regt. of Foot officer using the same stovepipe shako in the troop code as the ranker?
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Destiny

• Second Lieutenant
  • The real Destiny
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 20th_CSjt_Destiny
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2017, 11:08:22 pm »
I'm not sure if this was a bug or intentional, but on the rebound with a bottom attack a rifle musket deals damage. It means you can bottom attack, miss someone, flick over next to him and on the rebound it'll hit. Not sure if this is very realistic, can probably provide a video if it isn't clear what I mean with this.
have you considered going sailors and/or partizani might ruin the lb for other regiments?
Itll ruin it for others? id say make it more fun to see a bunch of partizani or sailors rushing b

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2017, 12:13:25 am »
there are maps that have spawn points near the map edge.   and when it starts spawning people in, they get deployed farther and farther back.   Eventually, people will spawn behind the barrier.  If they don't cross the barrier, then they cant be reached unless they are shot or an admin Tps through.

There were a few maps on NA1 back in the day with this issue.  Between the constant asking people to get back on the map, or people staying back there when admins weren't on, then delayed the round. i went through and "fixed" those maps so they wouldn't happen anymore.  i am kinda wanting to go and fix all those maps, and remove things like getting on to rooftops by climbing up fireplaces.  Things like that.   The thing is, how many people/servers still use vanilla maps?  while each map wouldn't take too much time,(i would assume), it still may not be worth it,

also, are people/servers still crashing because of the flags bug?  i haven't heard it be an issue in a long time, and may of been fixed in one of taleworlds patches. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline SpicyDwarf

• Major
  • wagwan piff tings
    • View Profile
  • Nick: whats your bbm pin
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2017, 12:39:55 am »
there are maps that have spawn points near the map edge.   and when it starts spawning people in, they get deployed farther and farther back.   Eventually, people will spawn behind the barrier.  If they don't cross the barrier, then they cant be reached unless they are shot or an admin Tps through.

There were a few maps on NA1 back in the day with this issue.  Between the constant asking people to get back on the map, or people staying back there when admins weren't on, then delayed the round. i went through and "fixed" those maps so they wouldn't happen anymore.  i am kinda wanting to go and fix all those maps, and remove things like getting on to rooftops by climbing up fireplaces.  Things like that.   The thing is, how many people/servers still use vanilla maps?  while each map wouldn't take too much time,(i would assume), it still may not be worth it,

also, are people/servers still crashing because of the flags bug?  i haven't heard it be an issue in a long time, and may of been fixed in one of taleworlds patches.
Can confirm the flag bug still exists as of two weeks ago, I may or may not have been involved in crashing a server  ::)
Single widow. Parent to 14 Uzbekistani children.
spicy's leadership won us nwl
his leadership won us a trip to being banned from like 5100 events smh

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2017, 01:18:02 am »

Can confirm the flag bug still exists as of two weeks ago, I may or may not have been involved in crashing a server  ::)
how up to date is the server?  is everything up to date including the taleworlds stuff?
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline Savolainen5

• First Lieutenant
  • Official Server Admin and Language Nerd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: _1stRddt_E77_Savs
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2017, 08:19:54 am »
Thanks for doing this!

I'm not sure if it's really a bug, though I heard talk of it some time back, but sometimes depending on the angle of approach, you don't hear horse hoofbeats approaching, often from behind, until the horse is essentially on top of you. It makes for cav sneak attacks. I wonder if that's possible to fix.
Wanna know what a wug is? Read here!

Juice_Kelly: no one wants to be savs, he's the biggest firegiant on the server.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2017, 09:15:52 am »
Thanks for doing this!

I'm not sure if it's really a bug, though I heard talk of it some time back, but sometimes depending on the angle of approach, you don't hear horse hoofbeats approaching, often from behind, until the horse is essentially on top of you. It makes for cav sneak attacks. I wonder if that's possible to fix.
Tbh, idk either.  hussars are normally pretty quiet.   maybe others know. 

in the mean time, i have already fixed several stuff.  will need to be tested of course.   

i will probably add tonight a generic join message that tells people their ID.   people can change it to whatever they want on their servers.  perhaps that will cut down on the people who don't know their IDs. 

other things i can add as well are the saying when the round ends and maps change, and the teamwounding allies or their horses, or tking their horse.   these would only be in the logs not broadcasted to the entire server.(though you could make it that way)

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2017, 11:41:00 am »

Hello, can you PM me the exact steps to reproduce it?
Thanks.

Offline Dren

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2017, 01:32:29 pm »
Overhaul how the poke work in melee. I mean for most of them there is a reason, either it the speed modifier or the distance, but sometime your hit will just bounce off the nose of an enemy at close range...  And with that, poking someone can sometime even let you stuned for a few secs, wich is enough to take a free hit without anything u can do about it. I'm not sure if you would consider that a bug but i thought it was worth mentioning (i'm actually suprised that no one pointed this out yet, it always seems to me like one of the main issues of the melee system).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 01:35:38 pm by Dren »

Offline Savolainen5

• First Lieutenant
  • Official Server Admin and Language Nerd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: _1stRddt_E77_Savs
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2017, 09:01:03 pm »
Posted by TitaniumNation on reddit:

Sapper Bugs:

-If you place a plank at a steep enough angle (one end high than the other), you can subsequently jump and place a plank on top of it to create a floating plank platform. You can keep jumping and placing into the sky until you run out of points.

-Digging an earthwork builds it slightly less than undigging. This means that if you undig it once, you can then dig it back up twice. If you keep repeating this process (Undig, Dig, Dig), the earthwork will grow until it reaches max model size (like twice as high as default), then start climbing into the sky.

Cavalry Bugs:

-A mounted lancer has only a down attack (not including couch), but a dismounted lancer has up and down attack. A dismounted lancer can hold an up attack and then mount a horse. It will result in holding an up attack while mounted, which doesnt really provide a benefit, but is still unintended.

Musician Bugs

-If you click on a song and immediately switch weapons, it will play the song but allow you to run around at full speed. This also allows you to do other weird things like stacking songs and quickly switching around.

Also, I dunno if this is still a thing, but sometimes a song (piano, organ, or unit instruments) which has just begun playing as a round ends continues playing in that exact same spot on the next map.
Wanna know what a wug is? Read here!

Juice_Kelly: no one wants to be savs, he's the biggest firegiant on the server.