Author Topic: Developer Blog 26 - Alpha Announcement!  (Read 198713 times)

Offline BNS Marko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Bear Force 2
  • Nick: BNS Marko
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Developer Blog 26 - Alpha Announcement!
« Reply #225 on: October 16, 2015, 04:59:37 pm »
What about games like Ultimate General: Gettysburg?
There are numerous Kickstartered or Early Access games over there.

Infact, every other game in the same genre is a direct competitor, and every other game that exists is a potential competitor in sales.

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 16, 2015, 05:02:15 pm »

Infact, every other game in the same genre is a direct competitor, and every other game that exists is a potential competitor in sales.

Not every game is a massive multiplayer shooter like BCoF or WoRs. With your mentally Minecraft should be banned because it has swords and BCoF has swords. + This is the BCoF forums not "Hey look WoRs go donate pls" forum. They have their own forum it's time people go to it if they aren't playing BCoF.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #227 on: October 16, 2015, 06:09:39 pm »

Not every game is a massive multiplayer shooter like BCoF or WoRs. With your mentally Minecraft should be banned because it has swords and BCoF has swords. + This is the BCoF forums not "Hey look WoRs go donate pls" forum. They have their own forum it's time people go to it if they aren't playing BCoF.
I don't understand a clear word...

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 16, 2015, 06:54:28 pm »
People, for once and for all; Advertisement on this forum is forbidden. We make exceptions to that rule, yes, but that doesn't entitle anyone to anything. Please respect the rules.

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

Where did I link to Ark? + Don't be so agressive PM me if you still feel strongly on advertising WoRs here. If you continue to post about the subject on this Dev Blog (it'll be very off topic) you'll be muted.

Offline Tharan

• Donator
  • Owner of Sheb Kebab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 16, 2015, 07:19:45 pm »
Oh no FSE delete any threads to do with its main competitor.

No fucking shit.

Its called business.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 16, 2015, 07:20:40 pm »
Spoiler
Shame it couldn't get a Kickstarter of its own  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[close]
<3

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 16, 2015, 07:23:46 pm »
Stay on topic please.

Offline _Leon_

• First Sergeant
  • Look this fucking good Patriot.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #232 on: October 16, 2015, 07:37:51 pm »
I predict this thread is gonna get closed veryyy soon...

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #233 on: October 16, 2015, 07:38:44 pm »
good luck with the alpha!

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 16, 2015, 07:53:18 pm »
Just be honest about not wanting discussion of a direct competitor, it's not going to make you look worse than banning threads for their game (which is already reinforcing a lot of people's low opinions of FSE on TaleWorlds). People will understand, they might not all still agree, but at least you'll be being honest about it and not look a bit hypocritical and silly when you have threads that are somewhat advertiser (as is natural when it comes to talking about games, there isn't necessarily anything actually wrong with these threads) like the Space Engineers, Verdun, scottgames.com (which I think actually is just an ad?), Fallout 4 (game isn't even out yet), Hearthstone or Ark (just says "Buy it") threads.

Glad to hear that FSE is still working on BCF too, I had assumed it was dead by now. I hope they are still able to finish it!

If you mean my thread about Fnaf, that's not advertisment but a discussion thread

Norwegian13

« Reply #235 on: October 16, 2015, 07:59:07 pm »
I don't wanna do backseat moderation here, but really, this thread should be locked if this continues. My opinion. Otherwise, this should be kept to dicussion of Battle Cry of Freedom. Not a debate about rules on the forums.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #236 on: October 16, 2015, 08:00:31 pm »
Guys, the main problem here is that WaR and BCoF are like Call of Duty and Battlefield in this respect.

Both have similar gameplay styles, aesthetics, communities, playerbases, so on... and therefor, the games take player-base away from eachother. I can honestly see a LOT of people either playing solely BCoF or WaR, not both. And considering that this is the BCoF forum, it kinda would shoot'em in the foot to allow their kickstarter to be advertised here.

That being said, is it honorable? Is it morally right? I dunno, that's a different answer from person to person. But the bottom line is if something might threaten your product... why give it the air-time? And it's not like FSE's shitting on Campfire Games' work here, they just wanna keep things focused.

Y'all are... blowing this outta proportion.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 16, 2015, 08:06:04 pm »
Guys, the main problem here is that WaR and BCoF are like Call of Duty and Battlefield in this respect.

Both have similar gameplay styles, aesthetics, communities, playerbases, so on... and therefor, the games take player-base away from eachother. I can honestly see a LOT of people either playing solely BCoF or WaR, not both. And considering that this is the BCoF forum, it kinda would shoot'em in the foot to allow their kickstarter to be advertised here.

That being said, is it honorable? Is it morally right? I dunno, that's a different answer from person to person. But the bottom line is if something might threaten your product... why give it the air-time? And it's not like FSE's shitting on Campfire Games' work here, they just wanna keep things focused.

Y'all are... blowing this outta proportion.

I agree 100%.

Offline Nox

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 16, 2015, 08:06:53 pm »
Totally worth still checking in every now and then to see if there's a new blog.
Good work, and keep it up (pretty please)!

Norwegian13

« Reply #239 on: October 16, 2015, 08:13:29 pm »
How long do you guys reckon the Alpha will last?