Author Topic: Crimean war (1854-1855) mod  (Read 144322 times)

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
  • Side: Union
Re: Crimean war (1854-1855) mod
« Reply #465 on: June 04, 2019, 06:49:02 pm »
Any news? Can't wait to cross the Alma.
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ivkolya
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #466 on: June 05, 2019, 12:56:26 am »
I was working very hard to release alpha-version of the mod to anniversary of the first assault on the Malakoff, but sadly I have almost no free time lately, so I doubt I will release mod as I wanted, but I'll try anyway :)

Offline thepenguin

• Sergeant Major
  • Voor God en Vaderland!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jan_Pieterszoon_Coen
« Reply #467 on: July 11, 2019, 03:14:06 pm »
Nothing new?

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 31, 2019, 02:45:03 am »
I was working on new horses textures (and changing mesh also).

Next step is making saddles :)

Offline thepenguin

• Sergeant Major
  • Voor God en Vaderland!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jan_Pieterszoon_Coen
« Reply #469 on: July 31, 2019, 06:46:17 pm »
Looks nice.

Offline Jacktropolis

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 30, 2019, 11:49:40 pm »
I am REALLY looking forward to the eventual release of this mod. The Crimean War has been missing for the longest time as a modification for Mount and Blade: Napoleonic Wars, and I'm glad to see that work is being done to make it possible! Please keep people like me up to date on when the first version of the mod gets released!

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 01, 2019, 04:00:30 pm »
Glad to see interest in this theme and in my mod:)

I was planning to release at least alpha version or on 8th September this year (it's anniversary of the fall of Sebastopol in 1855), or on 20th September (anniversary of the Alma battle in 1854 - first battle in the Crimean campaign), but there is a lot to be done before release and as I work alone and only in free time (meaning couple hours after I come home from my job and as lond as I can work on the weekends), I don't know if I will finish all I want in time.

But I think the mod will definitely released this fall (on 5th November - anniversary of the Inkerman battle - at longest I hope)

As for the progress up to now - I've made all units for the British army (I need to make couple of cavalry swords though), for the Russian army I need to finish saddles for cavalry and swords, for the French army I need to make cavalry saddles and sabre and maybe I'll add French dragoons, for the Ottoman army I need to make whole cavalry section (bashi-bazouks and lancers)
As for maps - I've made playable map of the last assault on Malakoff on 8th September 1855 (it needs some polishing, especially a lot of LODs to make) and now I'm working on the map of the Alma battle - yesterday I've finished terrain (I worked more than a full week on it), now I'm trying to make the Alma river (it's not easy because of uneven terrain and if I'll just lower terrain to the water level on the scene there will be too high banks on thehilly part of the map) and after it I'll place on the scene houses for villages, trees etc.
So I guess that's all I need to finish before I can release the mod, it's not too much work but it certainly will take some time

Offline Jacktropolis

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 02, 2019, 05:10:05 am »
Perfect, good sir! Take as much time as you need. Just one quick question so I can be ready for this mod's release. Do you plan for there to be Crimean War events for Mount and Blade regiments to take part in?

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 02, 2019, 01:05:22 pm »
Do you plan for there to be Crimean War events for Mount and Blade regiments to take part in?

As far as I know, most players are playing vanilla NW, so any mods are far less populated than vanilla servers, so only option to play mods is to play with bots or to play in smal-scale modes (like team deathmatches or commander battles). So I will try to make maps of my mod to be playable for small amount of players, I will try to implement bots to the sieges and adapt my maps for the commander battle mode (which is the most accurate mede for showing battles of  that period)

And yes, another way to play mods (and this mod too) is to make events, so I hope there will be enough players to make an event :)

Also I will make some maps which don't need to depend heavily on new scene props (like the Malakoff assault map, where there are a lot of custom trenches and Malakoff tower etc.) to be able to be added to the vanilla servers and I'm planning to make a reskin for original NW (it will be not perfect, some units will have odd voicelines or weapons  comparing with how they should be), but it will give the opportunity to play in uniform of the Crimean war with many other players

« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 01:19:42 pm by Ivkolya »

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kincaid
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #474 on: September 02, 2019, 01:13:22 pm »
Do you plan for there to be Crimean War events for Mount and Blade regiments to take part in?

As far as I know, most players are playing vanilla NW, so any mods are far less populated than vanilla servers, so only option to play mods is to play with bots or to play in smal-scale modes (like team deathmatches or commander battles). So I will try to make maps of my mod to be playable for small amount of players, I will try to implement bots to the sieges and adapt my maps for the commander battle mode (which is the most accurate mede for showing battles of  that period)

And yes, another way to play mods (and this mod too) is to make events, so I hope there will be enough players to make an event :)

Also I will make some maps which don't need to depend heavily on new scene props (like the Malakoff assault map, where there are a lot of custom trenches and Malakoff tower etc.) to be able to be added to the vanilla servers and I'm planning to make a reskin for original NW (it will be not perfect, some units will have odd voicelines or weapons  comparing with how they should be), but it will give the opportunity to play in uniform of the Crimean war with many other players

We shall definitely host a one-off event for the launch of this :) hopefully will raise awareness for it in the short-term x

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 02, 2019, 01:22:46 pm »
Even 10v10 in the Commander battle mode to fight on the Alma river will be great :)

Here are some screenshots of the Alma riiver map I'm working on now

« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 10:06:08 pm by Ivkolya »

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 02, 2019, 08:08:19 pm »
looks like its gonna be a lot of fun

Offline Jacktropolis

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 02, 2019, 11:08:15 pm »
I take it you will also add new rifles and cannons to the mod, seeing as Napoleonic weaponry is outdated during this time. Or, are you just planning on making this a cosmetic mod?

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 03, 2019, 03:40:45 pm »
I will make one completely new multiplayer mod for NW with new maps, units, new weapons with new stats (don't know about guns, they changed a little from Napoleonic times, and their changing demands a lot of coding, and I am not a scripter). As for new firearms - there will be revolvers as completely new weapons. British and French rifles (due to Minie bullets) and Russian, French, British and Turkish smoothbore muskets will have the same reloading time as smoothbore muskets in NW, Russian rifles will have the same reloading time as Baker rifles in NW, and as for accuracy - it will be the same or very slightly higher as in NW.

But also I'm planning to make a separate cosmetic mod for NW, to have both new uniforms and many players on server. But if there will be many bugs, like troops speaking not their language, or having wrong weapons or parts of uniforms - maybe I'll give up this cosmetic mod.

Also I hope after finishing the multiplayer mod (when all uniforms and weapons will be finished, and when there will be at least maps for Alma, Balaklava, Inkermann, Black river battles and last assault on Malakoff), I can finally start to work on the singleplayer mod for Warband.
Later I want to add maps to the multiplayer mod for other main events of the war: first bombardment of Sebastopol, assault on Eupathoria, fights for trenches near the old cemetery in front of the 5th Bastion, night assault on unfinished Volyn redoubt, assault on the Kamchatka lunette, first assault on Malakoff, different fights in trenches and rifle-pits, assaults on the 3rd, 4th, 5th Bastions in June 1855, assault on 2nd and 3rd Bastions in September 1855, siege of Silistra in 1853, siege of Petropavlovsk in 1854, maybe bombardment of Odessa in 1854 and maybe other maps)

Offline Jacktropolis

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 05, 2019, 03:36:47 am »
I run a regiment called The ICP (The Communist International) in the Red and Blue: 1936 mod for NW. However, we began to move onto being a multi-mod regiment doing R&B Campaign events on Fridays and random mod events on Saturdays. Ever since I coined that your Crimean War mod is nearing completion, I have made the decision of having my regiment take part in the Crimean War Events you said you have planned. However, I have a stupid question which you'll probably refuse to, but it's fine. My regiment, The ICP, is expressing interest of testing the mod out early before you release it. Think of it as "regimental mod testers." Would you be interested in having our regiment playtest the current state of your mod to help it grow? Thanks!