Author Topic: Regimental Thread (Iron Europe - WW1 Mod)  (Read 104765 times)

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Regimental Thread (Iron Europe - WW1 Mod)
« Reply #465 on: June 23, 2013, 07:03:23 am »
Hello everyone. I would like to reserve the name of the 25th Battalion "Nova Scotia Highlanders". They were formed as the 25th Battalion in 1871, and served through the Boer War and both World Wars with full battle honours on fields such as the Somme, and Passchendaele. In 1954, they were merged with 4 other Battalions to create the Nova Scotia Highlanders. Hooray for Canada! :D

Hurrah for more Canadian regiments!  ;D
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Hawke

• Donator
  • Aquila non capit muscas.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hawke
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #466 on: June 23, 2013, 09:59:07 am »
Hello everyone. I would like to reserve the name of the 25th Battalion "Nova Scotia Highlanders". They were formed as the 25th Battalion in 1871, and served through the Boer War and both World Wars with full battle honours on fields such as the Somme, and Passchendaele. In 1954, they were merged with 4 other Battalions to create the Nova Scotia Highlanders. Hooray for Canada! :D
Canada's cool.
I have an uncle who lives in Nova Scotia. :P

Offline sovietgondor

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #467 on: June 23, 2013, 08:16:15 pm »
I was born and raised in Nova Scotia :D

Offline loppolh

• Private
  • BAAAAAAH
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Loppolh
« Reply #468 on: June 29, 2013, 11:26:23 pm »
[Ignore for time being]
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 11:31:28 pm by loppolh »

wut

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #469 on: July 02, 2013, 05:41:04 am »
I wonder how the battles would work? Would it just be Skirmishing. Cause at this time. They didn't fight in a line... hmm

Offline sovietgondor

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 02, 2013, 01:35:00 pm »
Well probably. Looking at Blood and Iron gives you a pretty good look into the future for Iron Europe. Aside from Buildable/Destructable Trenches and machine guns. Should be a real treat.

Offline Diago

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 37th_SjtMaj_Diago
« Reply #471 on: July 03, 2013, 03:59:40 pm »
Maybe add another minor nation?
Like Portugal:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Expeditionary_Corps

Those where the army corps that joined the WW1, fighting on the side of the brits. Sorry not having better information about the portuguese army corps, just sending some more ideias :P

It would be wonderfull if you could adopt a WW1 portuguese regiment.

Offline idkwidlol

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Reynolds
« Reply #472 on: July 15, 2013, 09:24:24 pm »
Hello Everyone, I would like to reserve the "19th Regiment of Foot" The Green Howards (Alexandra, Princess of Wale’s Own Yorkshire Regiment; 19th Regiment of Foot) The 19th Regiment of Foot (The Green Howards) was a Regiment of the British army, formed in 1688 from independent companies of infantry in Devon. The regiment had many names from its creation, most notably The Green Howards, after the name of Sir Charles Howard (the regiments Colonel). However, due to confusion the regiment was given green uniform facings to distinguish them from the other regiment of foot commanded by Thomas Howard, which was given Buff coats. In 1751, the regiment became known as the 19th regiment of foot, then in 1782 the regiment was given the name of 19th (1st North Riding of Yorkshire) Regiment of foot. In 1875, Princess Alexandra, Princess of wales presented new colours to the 1st Battalion at Sheffield, and consented to the regiment bearing her name, thus becoming the 19th (1st Yorkshire North Riding – Princess of Wales’s own) Regiment of foot, the cap badge which consisted of the Princess’s cypher “A” combined with the Dannebrog or Danish cross and topped by her coronet. The Princess became Queen Alexandra in 1901, and was the regiment’s Colonel-in-Chief 1914-1925. In 1881, the infantry of the line were reorganised. Therefore, the regiment was renamed as the Princess of Wales’s Own (Yorkshire Regiment). However, in 1902 the regiment became Alexandra, Princess of Wale’s Own (Yorkshire Regiment). This regiment took part in a wide range of conflicts and engagements from 1688-2006. Its main Anniversary is Alma (20 September), commemorating the Battle of Alma 1854 which is considered the first battle of the Crimean War. World War 1: the Green Howards joined the 50th (Northumbrian) Division, under the 150th (York and Durham) Brigade, which was a first-line Territorial Force division, at the outbreak of war in 1914. After a year in England, the 50th (Northumbrian) Division was sent to France in April 1915 and served on the Western Front for the duration of the First World War. The division suffered heavily during the Second Battle of the Aisne in May-June 1918. The Green Howards landed at Zeebrugge in late 1914 and still a part of the 50th Division, participated in many engagements such as Second Battle of Ypres, Battle of the Somme (1916), Battle of Arras and the Third Battle of Ypres. The Green Howards (Alexandra, Princess of Wales’s Own Yorkshire Regiment; 19th Regiment of Foot) remained on the Western Front with the 50th (Northumbrian) Division until the end of the war in 1918.

Conflicts and Engagements: World War I: Ypres 1914, 1915, 1917, Langemarck 1914, 1917, Gheluvelt, Neuve Chapelle,St Julien, Frezenburg, Bellewaarde, Aubers, Festubert 1915, Loos, Somme 1916-1918, Albert 1916, Bazentin, Coziers, Flers-Courcelet, Morval, Thiepval,Le Transloy, Ancre Heights, Ancre 1916, Arras 1917, 1918, Scarpe 1917-1918,Messines 1917, 1918, Pilckem, Menin Road, Polygon Wood, Broodseinde,Poelcappelle, Passchendaele, Cambrai 1917-18, St Quentin, Hindenburg Line,Canal du Nord, Beaurevoir, Selle, Valenciennes, Sambre, France and Flanders 1914-18, Piave, Vittorio Veneto, Italy 1917-18, Suvla, Landing at Suvla, Scimitar Hill, Gallipoli 1915, Egypt 1916, Archangel 1918, Afghanistan 1919.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 08:26:01 am by idkwidlol »

Offline Apollo

• Colonel
  • NW Official Administrator; apparent god of the sun
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Apollo
« Reply #473 on: July 17, 2013, 12:49:13 am »
Just thought I should inform those two applicants above this post, and any after it: Diplex is currently on vacation in Europe, and will not be back until August, so do not expect your regiment to be added here until then.

Offline sovietgondor

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 17, 2013, 01:10:04 pm »
'Tis fine. I wanted to put it here so I wouldn't have to deal with it later.

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 17, 2013, 03:09:31 pm »
The thread hasn't been updated since February, so that's either an incredibly long vacation or my eyesight is failing me.

Offline BoondockSaint

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Boondock (Palonius)
« Reply #476 on: July 20, 2013, 07:54:29 pm »
 I would like to reserve the The Semenovsky 1st Guards Infantry Division for Russia and partof the 1st Guards Infantry division, we are a NW regiment but the Semenovsky Guards were still around during WW1, were stationed in Pretrograd and after returning from the battlefront they disbanded and reformed in later years
 Steam name: [1y] Boondock

« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:10:36 pm by BoondockSaint »

Offline Madbull

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Grd_Madbull
« Reply #477 on: July 26, 2013, 10:35:04 pm »
I know Diplex is on vacation but I'll get this over with now. I would like to reserve the Royal Scots Greys for the British Empire.

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
  • Nemo me impune lacessit
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Panini
« Reply #478 on: July 30, 2013, 06:05:33 am »
I'd like to reserve the Royal Canadian Regiment for the British Empire.

Offline MR_Cheath

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1eMar_pA_Cheath
« Reply #479 on: August 01, 2013, 12:35:39 pm »
I hape and belive this will be a great sucsess!