Author Topic: Developer Blog 46 - Steam Store Page  (Read 6823 times)

Offline MarjioviçR

• Captain
  • freedoms simp
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MotoBvock MaimLockXD
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Developer Blog 46 - Steam Store Page
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2021, 07:51:44 pm »
Ys yt worth mi many???
goldnova english

Offline Kulouš

• Colonel
  • Jsme Češi! Nikdy se nevzdáme! Slyšíte?! Nikdy!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kulouš
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2021, 08:19:07 pm »
Ys yt worth mi many???
goldnova english

Legendary Eagle since I stopped playing with you.

Offline Kapow

• Sergeant
  • New York Frog Catchers Inc.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RonnieFlex
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2021, 10:55:56 pm »
Im surprised that this announcement the game didn't get Bannerlord'ed and accidently deleted! Good news!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 10:34:52 pm by Kapow »
How does an NA know of fucking Ronnieflex of all Dutch things

Offline mmveteran

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2021, 09:08:29 pm »
I hope one day, my great great grandchildren will get to play this game.

Offline mmveteran

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2021, 09:12:06 pm »
Also can i be completly serious for a second

Do you realise the NW core generation from 2012-- 2017
even if they were 13/14 at the time..... will all be in their 20s now, and have moved on from this interest or genre...  heck, they probably dont even remember this game existing.

Also, as you are stand alone it wont be like NW where taleworlds announced it, i do not know where your audience is going to come from.

Finally, with games that have been in development for ages (aka bannerlord),  when they are FINALLY released.... they are always still full of bugs

How will you deal with that?

Not criticism, just some points i am sure most of us are thinking of.

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
  • Side: Union
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2021, 11:11:25 pm »

even if they were 13/14 at the time..... will all be in their 20s now, and have moved on from this interest or genre...  heck, they probably dont even remember this game existing.

Also, as you are stand alone it wont be like NW where taleworlds announced it, i do not know where your audience is going to come from.

Finally, with games that have been in development for ages (aka bannerlord),  when they are FINALLY released.... they are always still full of bugs

Well there's already a community despite the game being closed alpha, North American Napoleonic Wars is dying, and my contacts have told me that the War of Rights communities and Holdfast communities are getting frustrated with their games. The great thing about the game being standalone is that the developers have so much power over what they want to do with their game, and not have to rely on Taleworlds like the Sword and Musket development team does for game neccesary features. To your last point, while we are still meeting bugs on Battle Cry they are not in the slightest regard anything gamebreaking. The majority if not all of the selling features are already in the alpha and work surprisingly well, and I cannot wait for release

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2021, 03:26:00 am »

Well there's already a community despite the game being closed alpha, North American Napoleonic Wars is dying, and my contacts have told me that the War of Rights communities and Holdfast communities are getting frustrated with their games. The great thing about the game being standalone is that the developers have so much power over what they want to do with their game, and not have to rely on Taleworlds like the Sword and Musket development team does for game neccesary features. To your last point, while we are still meeting bugs on Battle Cry they are not in the slightest regard anything gamebreaking. The majority if not all of the selling features are already in the alpha and work surprisingly well, and I cannot wait for release

The question remains Stryker:

How do you grow the player base to rival that of NW when it was at its height?

To be fair I share similar feelings with MMVeteran.  I've seen countless players leave this community and many have moved on.  I mean you look at players from the 54th under Stox and Becker.  Many of them to this day are still very very close friends.  Do I think that a bunch of 28-32s year olds will return to this game? No. I understand that you have a core of players for your game but I think the point that MM is making is that the people who knew how to make the community tick...are sadly gone.

Let me go into depth on that on that.  I am talking the Kolakhans with Moraine and Midnight as admins.  I am talking the Union Gaming communities who hosted balanced events for 2-4 years.  I am talking about the FH who with their creativity had players re-invent the game so we had game modes like zombie mode. Can you run competive leagues on the NA side at least WITHOUT BIASED organizers, that have experience, that don't come from the same groups? Can the NA side of this game do that? Cause if you answer no to any of the above...then your audience will die.

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2021, 05:26:12 am »

The question remains Stryker:

How do you grow the player base to rival that of NW when it was at its height?

To be fair I share similar feelings with MMVeteran.  I've seen countless players leave this community and many have moved on.  I mean you look at players from the 54th under Stox and Becker.  Many of them to this day are still very very close friends.  Do I think that a bunch of 28-32s year olds will return to this game? No. I understand that you have a core of players for your game but I think the point that MM is making is that the people who knew how to make the community tick...are sadly gone.

Let me go into depth on that on that.  I am talking the Kolakhans with Moraine and Midnight as admins.  I am talking the Union Gaming communities who hosted balanced events for 2-4 years.  I am talking about the FH who with their creativity had players re-invent the game so we had game modes like zombie mode. Can you run competive leagues on the NA side at least WITHOUT BIASED organizers, that have experience, that don't come from the same groups? Can the NA side of this game do that? Cause if you answer no to any of the above...then your audience will die.
In the Bcof testing group there is a good amount of younger kids from WOR who never played a linebattle game like bcof, some of the best custom maps in the game are made by these kids, yeah they are fucking trolling little dipshits who abuse the admin password the second they get it again but they will probably be the guys who stay here for 5-8 years and grow the community.

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2021, 05:29:21 am »
Not saying it will rival NW, I don't even think S&M will rival NW, NW was special because surprise shitty old games are guess what, not to hard to mod which makes crazy shit happen

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2021, 10:39:42 pm »
Not saying it will rival NW, I don't even think S&M will rival NW, NW was special because surprise shitty old games are guess what, not to hard to mod which makes crazy shit happen
NW became special when youtubers gave it a spotlight...you had a ton of kids who were interested in that era anyways due to films/tv shows such as Sharpe, Hornblower, and The Patriot.  Right now what you have is a bunch of history nerds interested in a dead game...and whatever comes after it.  People stayed for the community...thats dead as fuck now.

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2021, 04:30:23 am »
NW became special when youtubers gave it a spotlight...you had a ton of kids who were interested in that era anyways due to films/tv shows such as Sharpe, Hornblower, and The Patriot.  Right now what you have is a bunch of history nerds interested in a dead game...and whatever comes after it.  People stayed for the community...thats dead as fuck now.
What the hell are you even talking about ? Bcof can't be dead if it hasn't came out. The NW community isn't dead. Sure it's small on NA and shitty but it ain't dead aslong as I can play videogames with the "nerds" I played NW with I still count us as apart of the NW community.

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2021, 04:35:16 am »
What the hell are you even talking about ? Bcof can't be dead if it hasn't came out. The NW community isn't dead. Sure it's small on NA and shitty but it ain't dead aslong as I can play videogames with the "nerds" I played NW with I still count us as apart of the NW community.
NA NW is dead. Period. 120 people at one event is not an active community.  We used to have 3-4 different events a day.  Some events had two servers that were completly full. AND IT WAS NA. So yeah Noob NA is dead. EU is doing fine for now.   

I wasn't speaking about BCOF. 

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2021, 04:37:16 am »
NA NW is dead. Period. 120 people at one event is not an active community.  We used to have 3-4 different events a day.  Some events had two servers that were completly full. AND IT WAS NA. So yeah Noob NA is dead. EU is doing fine for now.   

And if you look at the comp scene....
I mean I could also talk about how when I ran NANWL I had over 30 regiments sign up for my season.  When I ran TNWL I had over 34 regiments sign up.  We don't even have 10 regiments in a comp scene.

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2021, 11:07:49 pm »

And if you look at the comp scene....
I mean I could also talk about how when I ran NANWL I had over 30 regiments sign up for my season.  When I ran TNWL I had over 34 regiments sign up.  We don't even have 10 regiments in a comp scene.
We have like 3 atm. Comp died cause regiments died cause pubs died welcome to life