Author Topic: Update?  (Read 9625 times)

Offline Colonel Francis

• Second Lieutenant
  • 5th Georgia Best Georgia
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
  • Nick: Francis
  • Side: Confederacy
Update?
« on: May 12, 2018, 01:49:18 am »
I think it’s safe to say that everyone that still remains in North South, conducting events and leading regiments, are really wanting an update. Especially since Napoleonic Wars just recently got an update. As the North South Communities struggle to get a sliver of attendance (North Americans especially), a small update that just enables some of the newer features in NW would really come a long way.

Some of the various leaders in North and South have spoken with Hinkel, the main developer of North and South, the response is none. I myself have sent a message to Hinkel to update the mod. Expressing to him that doing so will result in bigger advertisement for War of Rights, and giving a hand to the communities that have remained here (Dixieland Army, Confederate States Army, and Union Brigade). But I have been ignored as well.

This isn’t throwing shade at Hinkel. Whom I know is extremely busy with War of Rights. But I know that various developers from several mods are happy just to do an update North and South. To continue its progress. To give some sort of relief to the people who haven’t jumped ship for Holdfast, War of Rights, or Post Scriptum. I know that eventually Warband will die until Bannerlord comes out (whenever that is), or Battle Cry of Freedom, but hosting events with an average of 50 to 100 people isn’t a relief.

I'm posting this to bring some sort of awareness to this mod. Or perhaps some attention to it. For the people that remained, would certainly be happy to have some sort of new content.

I would love to hear out some people’s opinion on it

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Update?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 02:58:10 am »
would be nice

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Board Moderator
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 03:37:51 pm »
I have a patch pretty much ready since end of 2016.
The other Devs wanted to add stuff aswell, so I was told to wait.
This mod is not mine, and I cant publish the patch without permission.
If the DA leaders want a patch and Hinkel gives me green light, I can either
- Publish the old patch
or
- In my next free time, mid of august, come together with the officers of the DA and make a wishlist and then make a new patch out of the old patch.

However, this needs approval of Hinkel, as I wont update the Mod against his will.
Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline Colonel Francis

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 06:11:25 pm »
- Publish the old patch
or
- In my next free time, mid of august, come together with the officers of the DA and make a wishlist and then make a new patch out of the old patch.

However, this needs approval of Hinkel, as I wont update the Mod against his will.

You see, this is a lifeline we have been needing for such a long time. I'm sure Hinkel wouldn't mind doing it if it's already made. I have already have a list. I know the DA has one, but if you can't recall, the NAs broke off from the DA and now we are the CSA. So the regiments I have, all have ideas on what to improve of. I can add you on steam and tell you. But this is such good news!

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Board Moderator
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 06:55:04 pm »
I did not know, that the DA split up. In case of a new patch, we would of course take them on board aswell.
Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 11:44:06 pm »
if the CSA supports we will stand by are NA friends and use it as well

Offline Robert Ransom

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 09:03:15 pm »
Coming from a guy on the outside, I think updates should be regular and necessary, especially with the new NW stuff!

Offline Hinkel

• Board Moderator
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 12:19:23 pm »
Hey guys,

I recieved your requests and messages, but I am really busy with some bad real-life stuff.
So I did not want to ignore your requests or upset you.

I do like the idea to make a new patch and like Kanade said, we have a patch "ready" since 2016, but we never finished it or combined all made parts (I even have a nearly complate Alamo mod ready since early 2017 with Texans, Mexicans, Native Americans and such).

I don't know how much time it would need, to add the new source code parts and features into the chaotic NaS source code, since its based on the source code of the very first release version of NW.

I will get in touch with Kanade and Parrot, maybe there could be a final version of North and South soon or later this year. But I don't know, how much stuff I am able to bring into this patch, due to real-life and War of Rights.

Cheers,
Hinkel

Offline Freestyler

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Freestyler
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 03:54:55 pm »
I think that does not need a patch

keep developing war of rights:)

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 05:15:24 pm »
I think that does not need a patch

keep developing war of rights:)

North and south is better than war of rights I ask papa parrot even though he was working with marks on the new whigs and tories

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 07:28:11 pm »
I was thinking if adding new musket stances would be possible (like order arms, shoulder shift arms etc...), though it would be useless, it would look cool  :) maybe adding a new regiment or two, maybe borrowing community made ones

Offline Colonel Francis

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2018, 08:07:33 am »
Just a few new changes. Adding the new NW update features would be nice on the admin aspect. But new regiments, new community maps, bug issues (not a few anyways)...just something to by the time until War of Rights, Bannerlord, Battle Cry of Freedom...something finishes.

Offline Killobytes

• Private
  • I play video games
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Killobytes
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2018, 11:48:10 am »
It would be very nice to at least have the new Nap Wars features in the mod. It's gonna be a while before any of the new games like this come out, so we might as well keep NaS alive & well, and give a reason for Nap Wars players to try this mod out again.
You may all find it to be a refreshing change to the usual European conflict.  :)

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 06:18:09 am »
- Publish the old patch
or

Can we have the patch now

Offline Colonel Francis

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2018, 08:05:52 am »
What harm would it cause to release the already made patch? Have that be the grounds for releasing more mature update.